Travel Answers
Wilaya d' Alger

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Englsh speaking guide in Tamanrasset...?

Wilaya de Tamanghasset Jul 18, 2014 at 3:52 AM

I have a visa to Alergia, ticket to Tam...but the guide I was in contact with has disappeared. Anyone have a contact of a company that can set something up ? Leaving soon! I have some French...SOME..and a tiny bit of Arabic..but phrasebooks.. :--) any ideas?

more
    • How much cost a bus or train Alger- Annaba and where can i book it?

Algeria Jul 2, 2014 at 3:49 AM

How much cost a bus or train Alger- Annaba and where can i book it?

more
    • maykal's Profile Photo

Money in Algeria

Algeria Jun 23, 2014 at 8:34 AM

Just sent my visa application to the Algerian Consulate in London, so hopefully will be in Algeria in August (I know it isn't the best time to travel, but I've always wanted to go and this is the only time I can!).

Now I'm wondering about money. Will I be able to withdraw cash from ATMs using a debit or a credit card, or do I need to take enough cash with me? I've got the Bradt guide from 2007 which says there are very few ATMs that don't always take foreign cards, but 7 years later maybe things have changed.

Are British pounds easy to exchange, or should I take Euros? Any other advice about where to exchange money would also be welcome.

more
    • Boattrip Alger

Algeria Jul 11, 2014 at 2:31 AM

Is there any chance that we can make a boattrip/ dive in Alger??

JUST FOR 1 DAY!!  so not a ferry to Marseille etc. but a little boat... If so, where can i book it and what is the price?

more
    • vanessacosta's Profile Photo

Travel with my son to Algeria

Algeria Jul 8, 2014 at 3:04 AM

Hello there,

I want to travel with my 2 year old son for Algeria. We are of Portuguese origin. I'm not married or divorced, I'm a single mother. I want to know what we need to go to Algeria. Quesque I need and quesque my son need? Can you give me any info please?

Thank you,
      Vanessa

more
    • GulsahG's Profile Photo

Money submit & change

Algeria Jul 9, 2014 at 2:38 PM

Do I have to submit my money (dolars or euros) to someone in airport? And for example, if I forget to submit how much money I have, can I still exchange it to dinars in Alger?

more
    • cwaterbury's Profile Photo

Black Market Rate in Algiers

Algeria Jul 7, 2014 at 10:55 PM

How easy is it to change Dollars on the black market? What is the present rate approx?

more

Popular Wilaya d' Alger Travel Answer Locations

• Algiers -

Algiers Sep 27, 2013 at 4:35 AM

Is it safe to visit? and is 1 week enough?

2 Answers Sep 27, 2013 at 7:09 AM
    • akb90's Profile Photo

CHEAP hostel

Algiers Jul 20, 2012 at 12:17 PM

I am planning on going to algeria in a few weeks, hopefully. There are not any cheap hostels in algiers, algeria online, like many other countries, so I will have to find one via word of mouth. I am looking for nothing more than 15 dollars a night. Have any backpackers been to algiers? If anyone knows of some hostels that are very low budget, let me know the name and address. I would really appreciate it. I have already searched the internet. Thank you!

6 Answers Aug 9, 2012 at 3:09 AM
    • budget accomodation

Algiers Dec 1, 2011 at 1:54 AM

I have just google searched an looked around for budget Accomodation. I cant seem to find anything in Algiers.

What im after is either: BnB, hostel, motel, hotel

cost 10-50 USD/Euro a night.

location: either city centre or pretty mucrh anywhere in Algiers that has access to the metro/transport.

any websites or reccomendation will be helpful.

P.S im a budget traveler

15 Answers Apr 1, 2012 at 10:02 AM
    • liacristina's Profile Photo

estou viajando para Argélia em agosto dia 26/08, e quero saber se tem algum guia que possa me ajuda

Algiers Jul 18, 2011 at 8:35 AM

olá amo muito a cultura e estarei de viagem nestas férias para dois locais: Espanha e Argélia, quero muito conhecer estas duas cidades, mas infelizmente não conheço ninguém por lá que possa me auxiliar, por favor se houver alguém que vá até lá neste período ou que esteja morando em Argélia gostaria muitissímo de uma companhia pelas ruas da Argélia! Obrigada
      meu email: cristinasol2011@bol.com.br

• Algiers. Questions...

Algiers Mar 23, 2011 at 6:06 AM

Hello.

Tell me please, good beaches of Algiers!
      I'll be living in a hotel "Grand Hôtel des Étrangers", near the railway station "Gare Centrale".
      I ask them to indicate on a map and tell how to get to.

When is it best to go to Algeria, that could swim to the sea and in the desert is not too hot?

Thanks.

2 Answers Apr 15, 2011 at 7:47 AM
    • Elisabcn's Profile Photo

Is Algiers safe?

Algiers Aug 31, 2007 at 8:42 AM

Oh, i see i'm not the only one who asks about safety in Algiers. I found a ticket not very expensive for a weekend in Algiers but the recommendations from my government are very bad. they say don't go alone, don't visit the casbah, don't go without a person from the country...just what i wanted to do :-((. How is the situation really there?...it would be more useful to know the opinion from non algerian people, who went there as tourists, like me.
      Thanks a lot,
      Elisa

3 Answers Oct 13, 2007 at 11:06 AM
    • Beaches in Algiers / safety / clothing

Algiers Jul 14, 2006 at 5:43 PM

Are there any beaches in Algiers that you can swim at? If so, is it appropriate wear a normal guys' bathing suit(shorts) in Algeria? Also, is Algiers safe for a white American? Is Algeria a very conservative country? Can I wear shorts and a t-shirt, or is it innapropriate? PLEASE REPLY ASAP!! Thanks a ton!!!!!!!!!

5 Answers Jan 7, 2007 at 6:17 AM
    • Safe and Happy in Algiers?

Algiers Sep 30, 2005 at 8:09 PM

I am thinking of visiting Algiers in May 2006.I would really welcome some information about the advisability of such a trip as I am a woman and I will probably be travelling on my own.My Govt travel pages are quite negative. I have also read some pages by VT members who live there.Friends from Algiers believe it is safe to visit now. I would not be going beyond the city. Please, I am so hoping you will respond with not only some travel tips but also some places to see when I get there. Thanking you in advance Jackie

3 Answers Mar 19, 2006 at 6:34 AM
    • Is it safe for a women

Algiers Nov 3, 2004 at 4:39 PM

Hi, My husband is Algerian. He wants to take me this spring. I want to go and meet his family but at the same time I'm a little scared. I was wondering how much restrication is on women over there. I wont get stuck there if I want to leave the country and he doesn't. I've just heard so many horriable stories about women being forced to stay in a country. thank you

24 Answers Jun 15, 2006 at 8:23 PM
    • prices from Paris to Algiers

Algiers Feb 23, 2004 at 11:10 AM

We are going to Algiers and we need to find what do we expect to pay for a round trip from Paris in June. We also need to know the hotel prices on the beach. Thank you.

1 Answer May 25, 2010 at 9:45 AM
    • Algiers - Hotel Suisse

Algiers Oct 5, 2003 at 4:18 AM

Hi peoples, does someone can tell me something about the Hotel Suisse in Algiers? What kind of hotel is it? and is it clean and safe there? Maybe you have a link for me to the website of the hotel - i couldnt find one or if you have a flyer please send it to me. would be very great. Thanks a lot. regards rosanna

5 Answers Apr 23, 2008 at 7:40 AM
    • oasis007's Profile Photo

room accomodations

Algiers Sep 30, 2003 at 8:42 AM

hi,V.Tmembers: l can offera room accomodation free,foods not included,for any VT member in Algiers or in Ghardaia,exactely in oasis.i want only to tell you from this proposition that Algeria is safty now and peopole is very kind.

2 Answers Dec 21, 2006 at 5:00 AM
    • Travel to Algiers??

Algiers Aug 31, 2003 at 2:11 PM

Hi everybody, i am a girl from germany and im thinking about flying alone to Algiers in November 2003. I would like to stay 1 week just in the capital. Can someone tell me how the situation is right now in the country and in the city? It would really be great to hear from you. Thanks in advance. Rosanna

3 Answers Sep 1, 2003 at 1:25 AM