Wigan

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Watch Manutd match (vs Liverpool) and Old Trafford tour

Manchester Dec 30, 2014 at 4:30 AM

Hi, me & my wife are Manutd fans from Singapore. We planning visit UK nxt March 2015 and Manchester is a must stop for us. We travelling between 19th - 26th March and I realised that its Liverpool vs Manutd (21-03-15) at Anfield.
      (1) Where can I buy the match day tickets ? The official website needs to ballot and i'm scared that we won't get the tickets there. I have read some forum recommending to buy it online but some say to be careful of scam.
      (2) Any budget hotel or inn which is nearby Old Trafford. We arriving on Thurs (19th) so thought of going Old Trafford tour nxt day (Fri - 20th) followed by watching matchday football nxt day (Sat -21st)
      (3) Since its away matches at Anfield, how long the journey from Manchester to Anfield and what mode of public transport should i take.
      (4) Is it safe for us tourist to travel away to Anfield .. haha
      Hope to get some helpful tips here.
      Thanks in advance.

more
    • April in Manchester

Manchester Jan 11, 2015 at 4:19 PM

Hi, i put up a post last wk and after some feedback i redo back my itinerary . Need your views and advice if there is any. I decided to stay in Manchester for my whole trip there plus rent a car for transportation.
      1st day - Reach about noon. Check in hotel. Maybe check out nearby area
      2nd day - Drive up to Buxton, Castleton and Harthesage for country sightseeing. If time permit drive to Sheffield.
      3rd day - Need your view is it possible to drive down to London make a day trip then evening drive up back to Manchester. Or should i just take the train to London ( but the tickets are expensive) if not, any suggestion where i can head to for sightseeing & shopping apart from Manchester
      4th day - Old Trafford tour & explore Manchester
      5th day - Matchday (Manutd vs Mancity) since most likely it be push to Sunday.
      Questions:
      - Hows the traffic in Manchester, Sheffield & Buxton
      -Any road or peak period i should avoid driving
      -Matchday (should i drive)
      - Weather in Manchester (April)
      -Shopping tips in Manchester
      -Any advice applicable to this trip.

more