change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• TooTallFinn24's Profile Photo

Cheapest Train Fare From Frankfurt to Salzburg

Frankfurt am Main Dec 10, 2014 at 8:33 PM

Planning on a trip from Frankfurt to Salzburg in mid April. Is three months in advance the soonest you can purchase tickets on Bahn? I thought I saw some 29 euro fares the other day but now appears 49 is the cheapest. What can i expect to pay for this 6.5 hour plus trip that transfers in Munich? Any advice or tips? Thanks!!

more
    • BEST RESTAURANT IN WIESBADEN OR K0BLENZ

by CHRISTINEMALO Online Now Jul 18, 2014 at 6:12 AM

HALLO !

I AM CHRISTINE FROM LEBANON , I WOULD LIKE TO FIND OUT ABOUT A NICE RESTAURANT IN WIESBADEN OR KOBLENZ ( OK FOR BOTH ) IN ORDER TO INVITE ABOUT 20 PEOPLE CELEBRATING AN ENGAGEMENT PARTY.
      IT SHOULD HAVE VERY DELICIOUS FOOD, GREAT MUSIC,(NOT SO LOUD) AND NICE INTERIOR DESIGN.
      A VIEW TO THE RIVER WOULD BE GREAT.
      THANKING YOU IN ADVANCE :)

1 Answer Jul 18, 2014 at 10:14 AM
    • Moving to Wiesbaden

by Valeriaj Online Now Mar 27, 2014 at 8:23 PM

I'll be moving with my family ( husband a two kids 2ys and 4 yes old), please any suggestion about the nicest area to live and please does any one knows which are the best school and kindergarten in Wiesbaden?

1 Answer Mar 28, 2014 at 1:32 PM
    • AntoineT20's Profile Photo

monthly bus pass

by AntoineT20 Online Now May 28, 2013 at 7:01 AM

how much does a pass for a hole month cost

1 Answer May 28, 2013 at 8:24 AM
    • Tennis

by lasantisima Online Now Mar 22, 2013 at 12:53 PM

I am wanting to learn to paly tennis and I am looking for places that are located in Wiesbaden, Germany that i can got to the court and practice drills with a friend and maybe take a few lessons on the weekends if they are offerred. Any assistance is appreciated.

2 Answers Mar 22, 2013 at 1:31 PM
    • Wiesbaden bus routes

by davidcpowers Online Now Oct 6, 2010 at 9:32 PM

Where may I get bus and train route maps And scheduals?) for the Wiesbaden- Mainz-Frankfort reigon this December?

3 Answers Oct 8, 2010 at 12:55 AM
    • ibis wiesbaden

by Ryaners Online Now Feb 20, 2009 at 3:39 PM

does anyone know if ctv cameras are in operation in the ibis hotel in wiesbaden kranzplatz

2 Answers Feb 20, 2009 at 10:13 PM
    • hotel information

by Ryaners Online Now Feb 19, 2009 at 1:46 PM

i visited this hotel in Febuary 2007 but didnt see any security cameras in operation can you confirm this for me

8 Answers Feb 20, 2009 at 7:27 PM
    • Is there an IKEA store in Wiesbaden?

by Wandawits Online Now Oct 27, 2008 at 6:51 AM

When i was in Mainz, Germany 3 years ago, we had lunch in an IKEA outlet which exactly beside Toys R us. I really couldn't remember the place much, as someone drove us there. Could someone enlighten me if this is the one located in Wiesbaden or an outlet in Frankfurt? Can you please help me how to get there by bus from Mainz? TIA!

2 Answers Oct 27, 2008 at 7:55 AM
    • Bag storage?

by pdevans777 Online Now Sep 15, 2008 at 3:56 PM

Is there an office at the Weisbaden train station that I can leave my suitcase for a couple of days while I hike and bike? If so, how much per day?

1 Answer Sep 16, 2008 at 12:30 AM
    • S stations in Wiesbaden

by hermonbingo Online Now Aug 4, 2008 at 9:41 AM

coming by train from Frankfurt main airport to Wisbaden,
      my destination - AM Schlosspark 74, 65203 Wiesbaden
      with luggage
      where I have to change transportation - train bus taxi etc - in order to go to the above destination in the cheapest / effective way?

thank you for your help

4 Answers Aug 4, 2008 at 12:54 PM
    • Buchenwald Memorial

by hermonyehuda Online Now Jul 31, 2008 at 12:35 PM

How can I go from Wiesbaden to Buchenwald by train or by bus?

thank you for your prompt answer

2 Answers Aug 1, 2008 at 5:45 AM
    • Trasportation from Frankfurt Airport to Wiesbaden - special prices for Senior citysens

by hermonyehuda Online Now Jul 29, 2008 at 2:05 AM

I need you help
      please inform me
      ALL kinds of Trasportation from Frankfurt Airport to Wiesbaden - special prices for Senior citysens
      Inend to visit next month Wieasbaden
      Thanks

1 Answer Jul 29, 2008 at 4:20 AM
    • "Wohnung" in Wiesbaden

by nst Online Now Oct 23, 2007 at 5:42 AM

I am looking for a furnished appartment in Wiesbaden for the coming months, so I thought to ask in this forum, along with my internet searches. Any idea or website to look? You can post pages in the german language as I am fluent in it.

3 Answers Oct 27, 2007 at 4:11 AM
    • Is there anything helpful near Abraham-Lincoln-Strasse???

by CaliforniatoEurope Online Now May 31, 2007 at 11:22 AM

Hello, I am going to be working in Wiesbaden for a few months, and to my chagrin I am being placed at the Ramada a good 2-3 km away from just about everything (wilhelmstrasse, marktstrasse). I am worried that I will have to walk there and back or take the bus all the time just for things like grocery/necessity shopping (and I am definitely in need of any suggestions for any 60 cent/1 euro/bargain stores in the area) and restaurants that are inexpensive (less than 5 euros I would guess). Can anyone please give me any pointers on good places to go to that are within a km or less from the area?

• ourholidays's Profile Photo

How much is the taxi / train S-8 from Frankfurt Airport to Wiesbaden Train Station?

by ourholidays Online Now Mar 3, 2007 at 6:34 AM

Hello

I will be arriving at Frankfurt Airport at 6a.m. Tuesday morning and I will be going to Wiesbaden (NH Aukumm Hotel) immediately after arriving.

I heard the taxi is expensive. I heard it was Euro43 in 2006.
      Does anyone know roughly how much is it in 2007?
      Any increase in price? Anyone took the taxi on this route before?

I was advised to take the S-8 train.
      How much is the ticket from the vending machine?
      Do I need exact change(coins)?
      Can I pay with a Euro10 note and get change?

I tried to check things out at the train websites but I am lost and couldnt find the fares and the train name. I think I better ask here to get more info instead of getting onto the wrong train.....hehe!

Thank you very much.

• Taxi Wiesbaden - Frankfurt Flughafen

by jacob_m Online Now Jul 22, 2006 at 5:44 AM

Does anyone know approximately how much a taxi from downtown Wiesbaden to Frankfurt Main Airport would cost?

Thanks!

3 Answers Jul 23, 2006 at 4:07 AM
    • ice skating rink near Lindsey AS

by KatherineB Online Now Jul 18, 2006 at 8:21 AM

Does anyone remember the ice skating rink around Lindsey Air Station area? I used to go there when I lived in Wiesbaden in the early 80's. But, now, I can vaguely recall it. I'm writing a book set back then and I'd like to be as accurate as possible. So, any details would help. Thanks! Missing it all, even after all these years.

2 Answers Jan 13, 2009 at 5:35 PM
    • Trying to find an old friend from way back when

by josins Online Now Apr 25, 2006 at 4:24 PM

I was stationed not far from Wiesbaden and spent most of my free time there in the late sixties. I am considering a trip back there, hopefully, in the near future. I finally bought a computer a couple of years ago and in wandering around with it I came across a phone book for Wiesbaden and looked up an old friend and surpringly she was in there. Somehow the address got lost and in trying to look it up again I came up blank. Her name was Marion Munch and I remember she lived on Waldstrasse. She may have moved or who knows what. Does anyone have any ideas on how I might be able to get some information on where she might be?

• Home Rentals?

by Numaboa Online Now Apr 11, 2006 at 6:51 PM

Does anyone know of a website, or other source where I can find out about renting a home in Wiesbaden for a week? We are attending a wedding on August 12, and family members are converging on the city from all around the globe! We would all love to reunite and stay together in a rental home. An apartment would be too small as there are probably 4 or more families of four wanting to share a home. Thanks for any help that you can give.

4 Answers Apr 12, 2006 at 9:08 AM
    • jerryttk's Profile Photo

Nice and cheap places for dinner / Night view

by jerryttk Online Now Apr 10, 2006 at 10:25 AM

Hello everyone,

I will be doing a day trip to Wiesbaden and Mainz. I am considering the sensible sequence to do it, either Wiesbaden first or Mainz first. Any opinion? It means I will be having my lunch at one place and dinner at the other city. Can you recommend a nice and cheap place to eat in Wiesbaden? How about night view/activity in Wiesbaden? Any suggestion is most welcome. Thanks a lot!

• BarryAir's Profile Photo

Anyone been to Wiesbaden?

by BarryAir Online Now Jun 25, 2005 at 8:32 PM

I am planning a trip to Wiesbaden...in October....also want to see Berlin, and hop over to Austria....my main focus is on WW2 Aviation and such.....hope to visit the Eagles nest...any Ideas would be apreciated...Barry in Louisiana

4 Answers Jun 26, 2005 at 6:23 AM
    • Romantic help needed...

by tashaw6 Online Now Jun 2, 2005 at 4:23 AM

It will be my husband and my 1st wedding anniversary on the 25th of September this year. We fly into Frankfurt from our holiday to South Africa on the 24th of September 2005. It is my task to organise our anniversary day...

My idea so far would be to get a limo to pick us up at the airport and drop us off at a hotel situated on the river (or close enough to see the river). Then take him to a romantic restaurant that evening (or just order in...).

The next day I would like to take a trip down the river (have champagne breakfast on the boat if possible). And because the 25th is a Sunday we have to get back home that same day so nothing that will take to long this day.

Ok, so my question(s)...

1. I need help re the hotel? I need somewhere that has a nice BIG bath (jaccuzzi bath would do...). It must be nice in other words...It must be close to a restaurant or have a restaurant at the hotel. It must be on or really close to the river cause we're going to have to walk there...

2. I need a contact number of the boat that goes up and down the river (or a way or means to contact or find the boat place...)

3. Any other help or suggestions that you may have to make this day even more special. he has really spoilt me this year so I have to make this one special!

Thanks guys!

1 Answer Jun 3, 2005 at 2:01 AM
    • fritzrl's Profile Photo

Aukammtal Bad in Wiesbaden -- any experience with it?

by fritzrl Online Now Mar 11, 2005 at 1:32 PM

Here I am, looking forward to speeding my recovery from jet-lag in Wiesbaden by visiting the Kaiser-Friedrich Therme for a little steam and sauna. I was disappointed to find out only yesterday that the day I’ll be in town (Tuesday) is the women-only day at KF, and I don’t qualify.

However, I did find on the website a reference to the Thermalbad Aukommtal – with a variety of pools (soaking, swimming, warm, cold), and a large selection of sauna experiences. It looks equally welcoming, if quite new, and the women-only day for Aukammtal is Monday.

Has anyone on the board ever visited the Aukammtal spa? If so, do you have any thoughts or impressions you’d like to share? Also: I know that KF is ‘textilfrei’ (no swimsuits required), but the website doesn’t mention whether Aukammtal is the same in that respect. I have no problem either way with being nude among strangers in an appropriate setting. But, if I don’t have to pack the swimming trunks, I’d rather not -- I likely won't be using them at any other time on the trip.

Thanks in advance for any info.

Fritzrl

2 Answers Mar 12, 2007 at 8:29 AM
    • Bashir-1's Profile Photo

Traditional shops in narrow alleys at Wiesbaden

by Bashir-1 Online Now Mar 4, 2005 at 10:08 PM

I am looking for traditional shops which are in pedestrian small narrow alleys.

Is there any outdoor cafés?

4 Answers Mar 5, 2005 at 5:22 AM
    • where to go?

by nkamal Online Now Sep 10, 2004 at 6:51 AM

hi,every body me&my wife will visit wiesbaden on( sep.16) any recommendation where to go. thank u all

1 Answer Sep 28, 2005 at 5:59 PM
    • abdulsaqib's Profile Photo

What's the cheapest way of getting to Paris from Wiesbaden (apart from on foot!!!)

by abdulsaqib Online Now Aug 9, 2004 at 7:52 AM

Hi, I'm a student in the UK. I'll be in Wiesbaden on holiday trip from 19 to 29 Aug. Meanwhile, I'd like to make a trip to Paris. Can anyone advice me please about the cheapest way of getting to Paris (return). Cheers Arnold

1 Answer Nov 2, 2005 at 6:03 AM
    • who's in wiesbaden?

by nkamal Online Now Mar 16, 2004 at 5:38 AM

HI,VT FRIENEDS Iam visiting wiesbaden now.I'd like to meet VT friends who's live in wiesbaden if it's possible. thank u all

• Eurail Suggestions

by adunay Online Now Oct 24, 2003 at 8:23 AM

Hello. I will be traveling in Germany and Benelux for 12 days and was looking for advice as to which type of rail ticket to purchase and where to purchase it from. Thank you in advance for your help.

• Wiesbaden/Mainz Hotel

by Maryppp Online Now Sep 23, 2003 at 6:51 AM

Hello, We will be in Wiesbaden in late October. We will be visiting someone who is at the US Army base there. Can anyone suggest a hotel that is near by ? Thanks !

2 Answers Sep 28, 2005 at 6:07 PM
    • November weather

by bundles Online Now Jun 16, 2003 at 5:16 PM

I am looking for a warm and sunny honeymoon spot for the end of November. Any suggestions? Swimming with dolphins is a must! Please help.

4 Answers Jun 16, 2003 at 10:54 PM