Wiesbaden Travel Answers

change location

Home Rentals?

by Numaboa Online Now Apr 11, 2006 at 6:51 PM

Does anyone know of a website, or other source where I can find out about renting a home in Wiesbaden for a week? We are attending a wedding on August 12, and family members are converging on the city from all around the globe! We would all love to reunite and stay together in a rental home. An apartment would be too small as there are probably 4 or more families of four wanting to share a home. Thanks for any help that you can give.

Quote & Answer
4 Answers
  • margsch's Profile Photo

RE: Home Rentals?

by margsch Online Now Apr 11, 2006 at 7:33 PM

I don,t think you will find a fully furnished house available for a week, especially to fit 4 families in, if you are wanting accommodation for 16 people you definitely won,t find a home of that size in Germany.homes in Germany are small as real estate is so expensive. The only option I can think of is a home exchange and even then you won,t find anything to fit so many people in. The average family lives in an apartment, usually between 2 and 4 rooms, a house for just 1 family with say 4 bedrooms is very unusual, their homes are not like in the USA, Uk or Australia.
    I think a Hotel would be your best option as all the families could stay there.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • christine.j's Profile Photo

RE: Home Rentals?

by christine.j Online Now Apr 12, 2006 at 12:32 AM

This will be very difficult. Holiday homes or condos for rent are very rare in a city. Contact the tourist information in Wiesbaden and ask them. I think your best bet would be renting all the rooms in a Pension (sort of a B&B).
    tourist-service@wiesbaden.de

• RE: RE: Home Rentals?

by Numaboa Online Now Apr 12, 2006 at 9:07 AM

Thank you very much for your reply. The hotel we wanted to stay is too expensive for some of the other family members, so we'll have to consider another option. Thank you again.

• RE: RE: Home Rentals?

by Numaboa Online Now Apr 12, 2006 at 9:08 AM

Thank you for your reply. The pension idea sounds like it might be what we need. I'll look into that, thanks again!

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines