Wiesbaden Travel Answers

change location

Romantic help needed...

by tashaw6 Online Now Jun 2, 2005 at 4:23 AM

It will be my husband and my 1st wedding anniversary on the 25th of September this year. We fly into Frankfurt from our holiday to South Africa on the 24th of September 2005. It is my task to organise our anniversary day...

My idea so far would be to get a limo to pick us up at the airport and drop us off at a hotel situated on the river (or close enough to see the river). Then take him to a romantic restaurant that evening (or just order in...).

The next day I would like to take a trip down the river (have champagne breakfast on the boat if possible). And because the 25th is a Sunday we have to get back home that same day so nothing that will take to long this day.

Ok, so my question(s)...

1. I need help re the hotel? I need somewhere that has a nice BIG bath (jaccuzzi bath would do...). It must be nice in other words...It must be close to a restaurant or have a restaurant at the hotel. It must be on or really close to the river cause we're going to have to walk there...

2. I need a contact number of the boat that goes up and down the river (or a way or means to contact or find the boat place...)

3. Any other help or suggestions that you may have to make this day even more special. he has really spoilt me this year so I have to make this one special!

Thanks guys!

Quote & Answer
1 Answer
  • Sjalen's Profile Photo

RE: Romantic help needed...

by Sjalen Online Now Jun 3, 2005 at 2:01 AM

If you want a tip on somewhere close that is romantic along the Rhine, try Bacharach. Very pretty place and can be reached both by boat and trains (via Mainz if you are in Wiesbaden I think).

Bear in mind that it is the wine season in September so you will do right booking accommodation well in advance. :)

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines