Wiesbaden Travel Answers

change location
fritzrl's Profile Photo

Aukammtal Bad in Wiesbaden -- any experience with it?

by fritzrl Online Now Mar 11, 2005 at 1:32 PM

Here I am, looking forward to speeding my recovery from jet-lag in Wiesbaden by visiting the Kaiser-Friedrich Therme for a little steam and sauna. I was disappointed to find out only yesterday that the day I’ll be in town (Tuesday) is the women-only day at KF, and I don’t qualify.

However, I did find on the website a reference to the Thermalbad Aukommtal – with a variety of pools (soaking, swimming, warm, cold), and a large selection of sauna experiences. It looks equally welcoming, if quite new, and the women-only day for Aukammtal is Monday.

Has anyone on the board ever visited the Aukammtal spa? If so, do you have any thoughts or impressions you’d like to share? Also: I know that KF is ‘textilfrei’ (no swimsuits required), but the website doesn’t mention whether Aukammtal is the same in that respect. I have no problem either way with being nude among strangers in an appropriate setting. But, if I don’t have to pack the swimming trunks, I’d rather not -- I likely won't be using them at any other time on the trip.

Thanks in advance for any info.

Fritzrl

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • RE: Aukammtal Bad in Wiesbaden -- any experience with it?

by brekkie Online Now Mar 9, 2007 at 11:39 PM

It’s a great pool. I can only find some info under http://www.wiesbaden.de/
    Than I typed sauna and I found a list with in the middle somewhere

Bade und saunabetrieb im Thermal bad Aukammtal click on it and your there.

Good Luck.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • fritzrl's Profile Photo

RE: RE: Aukammtal Bad in Wiesbaden -- any experience with it?

by fritzrl Online Now Mar 12, 2007 at 8:29 AM

Thanks, Brekkie!

I actually did make that trip in 2005, and solved the problem by taking the waters in Baden-Baden the evening of my arrival, then in Wiesbaden the evening before my departure back to the US.

It's a loop I hope to repeat early next year -- my return to Germany is already in the planning stages

Fritzrl

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines