Wiesbaden Travel Answers

change location

Frankfurt to Wiesbaden

by SCEM Online Now Jun 2, 2003 at 5:46 AM

I am travelling from Frankfurt airport to Wiesbaden, what is the quickest method of travel and how long will it take?

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • Weissdorn's Profile Photo

Re: Frankfurt to Wiesbaden

by Weissdorn Online Now Jun 3, 2003 at 5:22 AM

Take the S-8 (S-Bahn). This is a commuter train that you will find on the lowest level at the airport. The train will not show that it's going to Wiesbaden on it's sign, because it only shows it's end destination, which will either be Hanau (wrong direction) or Weisbaden/Mainz or Mainz. Check the train number and the colour-coded plan carefully, because there is one train that crosses the Main River and you wind up in Mainz, and not in Wiesbaden. The fare is reasonable and can be purchased from one of the RMV vending machines (check my Germany page for detailed info). DO NOT ask the Bahn A.G. personnel to help you. They will sell you a Bahn Ticket for the S-Bahn, which costs 6 Euro more than the commuter ticket. The train is exactly the same, it's just when the Bahn A.G. sells the ticket, it's more expensive, than if you bought it from the vending machine, which are computer-touch control, self-explanitory and in 6 languages. You will need Euros to pay for your ticket.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • missbean's Profile Photo

RE: Frankfurt to Wiesbaden

by missbean Online Now Sep 28, 2005 at 6:02 PM

I guess it would only take you about 1 hr from the Frankfurt airport to Wiesbaden by train.( S-Bahn). Or take the taxi =)

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines