Wicklow Travel Answers

change location
felipefleury's Profile Photo

How to get in Glendalough ?

by felipefleury Online Now Mar 18, 2012 at 11:12 AM

Hello, tomorrow is bank holiday, and I`m thinking that could be a good idea go to
Glendalough.

I`m living in dublin centre, Can anybody tell me how to get there?and how is the best way to go, by bus or by dart?

Thanks a lot

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • leics's Profile Photo

Re: How to get in Glendalough ?

by leics Online Now Mar 18, 2012 at 11:55 AM

http://www.glendaloughbus.com/

has bank holiday information. You could catch the 1130 from Dublin and the 1920 back to Dublin.

Alternatively, take bus or train to Rathdrum and then taxi to Glendalough. As far as I am aware there are no direct services from Dublin.

Bus & train info for bank holidays will be shown on www.irishrail.ie and www.buseireann.ie

Rathdrum taxis here;

glendalough.ie/getting_aroun...

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • annemariebyrne's Profile Photo

Re: How to get in Glendalough ?

by annemariebyrne Online Now Mar 18, 2012 at 4:43 PM

The only public transport to Glendalough is the St Kevin's Bus Service, (www.glendaloughbus.com), as mentioned by Leics in the previous answer. The bus leaves Dublin everyday at 11.30 from Dawson Street, opposite the Mansion House and returns from Glendalough at 17.40 (on Bank Holidays). The return fare is €20, you pay the driver.
    As an alternative you could join an organised group such as Wild Wicklow Tours (www.wildwicklow.ie)departing from the Tourist Office in Suffolk Street, fare €28 but you get to visit several locations and get info from the guide, check their website for more info.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines