change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• I want to go to Whitehaven beach..plz help

by wishluck Online Now Dec 1, 2014 at 9:17 PM

Hi how are u
      Im now planning to travel Aus in next Feb. First my destination is here Whitsunday and going to see Whitehaven beach. I can stay in Whitsunday for only one day and I arrive in the morning around 9 45am and leave at late night to Cairns. I searched for Whitehaven beach tour and found the half day tour for it but the cruise company told me that they dont reccommend the tour on my arriving day for unsure time like delay of flight.
      So Im not sure how can I get to Whitehaven beach becuz if I cancel or change the flight, its no refundable.

Is there any other way to go Whitehaven beach from the whitsunday aiport? I tried to search any ferry to go there but I falied to find the detail info of it.
      Please help me to plan this trip asap.
      Thank you so much

more
    • I want to go to Whitehaven beach..plz help

by wishluck Online Now Dec 1, 2014 at 9:17 PM

Hi how are u
      Im now planning to travel Aus in next Feb. First my destination is here Whitsunday and going to see Whitehaven beach. I can stay in Whitsunday for only one day and I arrive in the morning around 9 45am and leave at late night to Cairns. I searched for Whitehaven beach tour and found the half day tour for it but the cruise company told me that they dont reccommend the tour on my arriving day for unsure time like delay of flight.
      So Im not sure how can I get to Whitehaven beach becuz if I cancel or change the flight, its no refundable.

Is there any other way to go Whitehaven beach from the whitsunday aiport? I tried to search any ferry to go there but I falied to find the detail info of it.
      Please help me to plan this trip asap.
      Thank you so much

• Hamilton or Hayman Island & Snorkeling

by jessigy Online Now Oct 2, 2014 at 3:05 PM

We are planning on staying in the Whitsunday Islands from November 5-8, 2014 as part of our honeymoon trip in Australia. We are considering one night on Hamilton Island and two nights at One & Only Hayman Island, but not sure if this is too rushed? Does anyone have any suggestions on what's the best place to stay?

We are interested in visiting Whitehaven Beach and snorkeling! What are the best places to snorkel (I heard Reefworld is expensive and overrated?) and any recommendations of companies to book with? Is it better to book ahead of time or when we arrive?

2 Answers Oct 3, 2014 at 5:52 AM
    • Visit Whitsunday Islands in April 1st week?

by Rucs Online Now Aug 13, 2014 at 1:56 PM

I am planning to visit Australia in March with my family. We plan to visit Whitsunday islands around 1st week of April.With 2 toddlers (age 2) is that a good time to visit the island, considering the temperature and jellyfishes ?
      I do not want to spoil my trip by experiencing rain, which would prevent me from going out in the sea!

1 Answer Aug 14, 2014 at 4:11 AM
    • is it too cold to travel is june/july

by melmel10101 Online Now Jun 11, 2014 at 6:21 PM

i would really like to go up to Whitsundays, but will it be too cold to swim?

4 Answers Jun 16, 2014 at 9:45 PM
    • First initial enquiries

by rach.coop Online Now Apr 24, 2014 at 11:27 PM

Thinking of visiting the W Islands during a 10 day trip to Australia. I have a few questions:
      a) How to get there if coming from Cairns - drive I presume?
      b) Connection point from mainland
      c) Chartering a motor boat to sleep on (does it go from mainland)
      d) How many days minimum works
      e) Expensive?
      Thank you!

11 Answers Apr 26, 2014 at 12:39 AM
    • Airlie beach, Port Douglas from 23 of april to 2 of mai. Crowded?

by Henkepenke Online Now Feb 21, 2014 at 12:59 AM

We want to fly from Brisbane to Whitsundays the 23 of april. I have read some posts that Airlie beach is the cheapest and best place to stay to get around the islands. Is it holiday in Australia these dates? Will we need to be booking any room in advanced? How many days are needed in Whitsundays and Port Douglas? Where is it most fun? We are 25yo.

10 Answers Feb 24, 2014 at 7:04 AM
    • Cruise that goes to both Whitehaven Beach AND the outer reef in one trip?

by blondiemc5 Online Now Jan 11, 2014 at 5:37 PM

We will be basing ourselves in Hamilton Island for our stay at the Whitsundays. We are wanting to just do one boat tour (can be overnight) and want it to encompass both the outer reef and Whitehaven Beach. I must have a photo at Hill Inlet like every other American tourist! Is the snorkeling that much better on the outer reef than around the islands? Any help would be much appreciated--I'm having trouble finding just the right cruise.

Thanks!!

2 Answers Jan 14, 2014 at 8:23 AM
    • Weather january/february

by Jenni1821 Online Now Aug 29, 2013 at 12:53 PM

Hi,

Me and my husband are looking to travel to Australia in jan 2014 from the UK. We will be travelling to a number of places and want to end the holiday in the whitsundays.

I have been put off by some reviews on the weather at this time of year.

Has anybody travelled to the whitsundays in jan/Feb? Should we expect lots of rain?

If so, when is a better time to travel?

Thanks

Jenni

10 Answers Aug 29, 2013 at 10:54 PM
    • Need help planning 7-9 days in the Whitsundays, Port Douglas, and Cairns

by robin2013 Online Now May 9, 2013 at 9:03 PM

Hi! I have been given the challenge to plan our visit to Australia and will be traveling soon (late May, early June), and finding it difficult to find a travel agent who is knowledgeable enough to help. We are a couple coming from the US (Boston area) and traveling with 2 adult children (21 & 23). We all love beaches and adventure. We are a little short on time and plan to take flights in the interest of time where necessary. Most of our party will be originating from Sydney having spent several days there. Having trouble figuring out the best way to see a lot and yet have a somewhat relaxing enjoyable vacation. Considering renting a Catamaran and learning to sail to see the islands, however, not opposed to other alternatives including a resort with something for everyone. Really want to see Hamilton Island and Whitehaven Beach, and open to other suggestions (read something about Fraser Island and renting 4x4's?). Any advice will be greatly appreciated! This is most likely a once in a lifetime trip for us.

7 Answers May 11, 2013 at 9:12 PM
    • Sailing holiday information

by ronnier8 Online Now Nov 28, 2012 at 12:21 AM

We are thinking of a sailing holiday in the Whitsunday Islands chartering a yacht from either Abel Point ot Hamilton Island. Can anyone give us information about where we can re-fuel and replenish fresh water on board the boat without returning to either Abel Point or Hamilton Island?

1 Answer Feb 17, 2013 at 7:30 AM
    • Bushwalking or Kayaking, Whitsunday Area

by Adventure007 Online Now Aug 23, 2012 at 2:59 AM

Hi. I live in the Whitsunday area. I love bushwalking or hiking up hills or mountains Ect... Overnighting if need-be. Also enjoy kayaking. I am a male in my forties. I am interested in meeting anyone with the same interests. Who likes participating in these activities for exercise and adventure. I am fit, healthy and easy to get on with. Looking forward to a response from anyone in any age group with same interests.

2 Answers May 12, 2014 at 6:04 AM
    • whitsundays in july

by dolphindiva Online Now Dec 29, 2011 at 6:29 PM

Hi all,

We have relatives visiting in july and they would like to visit hamilton island. Am wondering if it will be too cold at that time of year for swimming/snorkelling spending time on the beaches? If so would a better option be cairns/port douglas? Thinking could then do the rain forest trips/railway etc. Then spend 1 day braving the cold snorkling and would have more options for activities? Thinking of 5 day trip so am worried that cold could ruin a whitsundays holiday?

thanks

5 Answers Jan 1, 2012 at 2:06 PM
    • PocketRocket's Profile Photo

Honeymoon

by PocketRocket Online Now Nov 26, 2011 at 10:13 PM

My Husband to be and I are thinking about having our honeymoon on Hamilton Island or the Whitsunday's. We are from Melbourne but we have spent more time travelling the world than actually seeing our own country and thought we may have a honeymoon close to home.

Years ago I spent a week on Great Keppel Island and had a really good time.

Our honeymoon dates are between March 31st - April 13th. Is this too long to stay in one place or will there be plenty to do for the 2 weeks that we will be there?

I really like the idea of staying in a resort and not just a hotel or apartment block. Can anyone suggest the best place for honeymooners to stay? We understand that we are travelling through the Easter Holiday period which unfortunately can't be helped from a work perspective. We are also extremely active people and will most probably do a lot of tours and island activities.

I am leaning towards staying on Hamilton Island because I know we can fly direct from Melbourne but we are also open to suggestions as well.

Budget we do't have as yet but like I said we are open to all suggestions.

Looking forward to hearing from everyone

Thanks

Lisa

2 Answers Dec 9, 2011 at 3:53 PM
    • Best Whitsunday Island for a Single Traveler?

by TopMoonwater Online Now Aug 16, 2011 at 1:39 PM

Hello, I would like to spend some days at the Great Barrier Reef - Whitsunday Islands - for relaxation, swimming, snorkling and meeting nice people. I am traveling alone. What is the best island to visit when traveling alone (but I am not a ClubMed/Robinson Club friend!!).
      I am planning to fly in to Hamilton Island and it would be okay for me to stay there ... unless I am getting other great recommendations from you :)

Thanks a lot for your ideas and recommendations.
      TM

9 Answers Aug 21, 2011 at 5:08 AM
    • Accomodation June/July

by nellmartin Online Now May 1, 2011 at 2:07 AM

Hi all.

Myself and my two friends are trying to plan a trip from Airlie Beach up to Cairns for the last week of June and the first week of July. We will also have with us a two year old child. We are on a tight budget and so are looking at the cheapest way of doing the trip. Can anybody recommend some budget accomodation? Bearing in mind that we would have a small child with us, we would rather something like an apartment or cabin rather than a hostel. We are looking at spending at least half of the trip around airlie beach/whitsundays. We also looked at renting a campervan but decided it night not be the best way to travel. Any advice or info anyone might have would be greatly appreciated! Thank you :)

4 Answers May 1, 2011 at 9:34 PM
    • daol's Profile Photo

Whitsundays from 7th until 10th of June

by daol Online Now Apr 15, 2011 at 4:29 AM

Hello all!

We are flying to Hamilton Island Airport on the 7th and plan to stay on the Whitsundays! What is the best place there? Should we just stay on Hamilton Island or should we go to a nicer? better? island? We are all together 4pax.

Our budget is not luxurious...is it wise to go on a sailing trip to avoid paying hotel fees? Any special recommendation? Maybe a boat where we would be alone?

Has anyone stayed in the Hamilton island apartments before?

Thank you in advance!

5 Answers Apr 28, 2011 at 5:01 PM
    • Lost On Where To Start

by buwanataraw Online Now Mar 31, 2011 at 11:11 PM

We're planning a trip to Whitsunday Islands particularly to see Whitehaven Beach sometime between late May-middle of July next year. We're coming from LA. I have absolutely no clue where to begin so questions:

1. Does it rain a lot between May and July? When's the best time to go?
      2. How many days should we allot for this trip? I've checked the flight schedule and it looks like we'll be losing 3 days to travel. Is 15 days too much if we're really most interested in Whitehaven beach?

Thanks in advance :)

12 Answers Aug 8, 2011 at 4:07 AM
    • mel.iss.a's Profile Photo

What to see and where to stay between Cairns and the Whitsundays?

by mel.iss.a Online Now Jan 22, 2011 at 4:30 PM

Melissa and Graham here!

We are visiting Australia in September 2011 as part of our 'celebrate retirement!'round the world trip. We fly into Cairns from Sydney at the end of August and have booked 3 days on Green Island. We have 6 days to see Cairns/ Cape Tribulation/Port Douglas/Whitsundays before flying to New Zealand from Brisbane. [A flight from Mackay to Brisbane and on to Christchurch has been booked.]

There are so many amazing places and so little time! Graham enjoys diving but I don't dive. Cape Trib looks amazing but do we need to stay there or is it better to stay in PD and travel for a day? What is the best way to get to the Whitsundays from PD/Cairns and should we fly to Proserpine, Hamilton Island or Townsville or is driving cheaper? Where are the best dive sites?

So many questions...so confused...yet very excited!

Look forward to advice from the travel experts out there! Thanks!

Melissa

9 Answers Feb 6, 2011 at 1:33 PM
    • madcitygirl's Profile Photo

First time to Australia, want to snorkel the reef

by madcitygirl Online Now Jan 1, 2011 at 12:55 PM

Hello,
      this is our first time to Australia (my husband and me). Our plans are to fly into Brisbane, stay the night, the next day go to the Australia Zoo, the next day do the Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary & shopping. So, we have a week left to snorkel the reef.

Does anyone know the best way to do this? Should we just get a snorkel cruise, or maybe stay on one of the islands? The cost is not important, but I am feeling frustrated and my travel agent doesn't know much about Australia. Any advice is greatly appreciated.
      Thanks!
      Melissa

7 Answers Jan 3, 2011 at 3:09 AM
    • Prices!

by ivercor Online Now Jul 27, 2010 at 9:26 PM

As I,ve posted before my friends and I are coming to Australia for 3 months. I was wondering where the best place would be for us to stay with a really good chance of getting a job, and a cheaper place to stay? Would also like to know what are drinks worth there? Whats a beer worth in the bar? Any other prices or expences would help to! Thanks!
      Cory

4 Answers Jul 28, 2010 at 10:11 PM
    • Traveling through australia!

by ivercor Online Now Jul 20, 2010 at 6:06 PM

Hello,

My name is Cory, my 3 friends and I are going on a trip to australia from Canada on Oct 10 through to Dec 29. When we land in Sydney we plan to take a 14 Day tour along the coast and end up in Whitsunday. Hoping to stay in Arilie Beach. Does anyone have any good tips for us? Like cheap places to stay? We plan on working once we have arrives in airlie beach does anyone know of any good jobs to get for the time we spend in Airlie beach? Or is it better to be staying somewhere else if were looking for work? Any tips would be greatly appreciated even if they dont have anything to doing with my questions.
      Thank you!

Cory

6 Answers Jul 21, 2010 at 8:17 PM
    • How to see best of GBR? Already have sail in Whitsundays planned...

by virginia29 Online Now Jun 9, 2010 at 9:52 AM

We are a family of 5 (mom, dad, kids 10, 14, 16), trying to see as much of Australia as possible in 2 weeks. I have most of our time planned (Sydney, Melbourne/GOR via rental car, 3-day Kakadu/Katherine NP safari out of Darwin, then 3 night sailing trip in the Whitsundays out of Airlie). How do I squeeze in seeing more of the Great Barrier Reef between the Kakadu trip and Whitsunday sail? Is it as simple as booking a seaplane trip out of Airlie (haven't even checked into this in detail yet -- next on my to-do list)? I know this itinerary is very ambitious, so am trying to avoid having to add more airport-to-airport flight to piece this all together. Thanks for any help you can offer!

3 Answers Jun 17, 2010 at 12:21 AM
    • Questions about our whitsunday wedding trip- horray

by blonid Online Now Jun 5, 2010 at 8:38 AM

OK..... We are looking at optionts re: travelling to whitehaven beach to marry. Can anyone reccomend a boat we can hire to take us there please?

Whats the weather like at the start of April, and whats the journey like via boat over to whithaven?

We will base ourselves in Airlie afterwards we would like to go somewhere for a spoilterness honeymoon for 3 nights- a resort that allows no children, any pointers?

Finally how do you get to Airlie from Brisbane?

I thanks you for reading this and all my questions and hope you do not have a headache!!!!

2 Answers Aug 8, 2011 at 4:11 AM
    • Whitsunday Cruise Help

by rachael66 Online Now May 20, 2010 at 5:15 PM

Hi, I have been looking into cruises in the Whitsundays and travelling at the end of next week. Does anyone have any previous experience who can help with my choice. There are a lot to choose from and it is a little confusing. Probably want a 2 or 3 night cruise for me and my husband.
      Any help would be appreciated.

4 Answers May 24, 2010 at 2:06 AM
    • Whitsundays bareboat and Snorkelling

by ads111 Online Now Mar 31, 2010 at 2:59 PM

Hi Folks,

Im going to be chartering a bareboat later this year and I wanted to find out how good the snorkelling around the whitsundays really is. The charter companys all say its great, but then again they would hey.

I know the inner islands typically have rather average reefs. Are there any good spots to know about?
      Thanks, Ad

2 Answers Apr 2, 2010 at 3:30 PM
    • whitsundays and barrier reef

by sm2bg Online Now Oct 6, 2009 at 10:49 AM

hi,

I am looking to go on a tour whereby I can see the whitsundays and the great barrier reef, all the ones i've seen so far include the outer barrier reef, is it worth doing a seperate day trip to see the barrier reef or the ones that they are offering? I am travelling between late october amd mid november

thanks

5 Answers Oct 13, 2009 at 7:30 AM
    • Visiting Whitsunday's In December

by Jennmac Online Now Sep 13, 2009 at 5:44 AM

I am visiting the Whitsundays in December and am considering staying for 5 nights on Brampton island followed by a couple of nights on a boat sailing and scuba diving around the whitsundays. My husband and I are very keen scuba divers and love water sports. I have read mixed reviews about Brampton Island and I was wondering if anyone has any experience they could share with me about Brampton Island, or if they could recommend places to stay in Whitsundays.

5 Answers Sep 22, 2009 at 2:49 PM
    • epac3121's Profile Photo

California boy visiting Australia for 1st time

by epac3121 Online Now Aug 19, 2009 at 9:17 PM

Hiya,

I am heading to Sydney for 2 weeks to hang out with some relatives. However, I would like to explore other parts of Australia. One area that was highly recommended to me was the Whitsunday Islands. Does anybody out there have any tips/suggestions for a solo traveler? I'm open to any and all suggestions!

Thank you in advance for your help!

Best,

Eric

7 Answers Nov 8, 2009 at 3:54 AM
    • The best island to completely relax

by Heatherkis Online Now May 15, 2009 at 6:36 PM

Hi,
      I am 40 and my mum is 73. I want to go to the Whitsundays sometime this year and I will take my mum away with me.
      I am a business woman and have had an insanely busy year (or ten), and all I want to do is absolutely nothing.
      My idea of a great holiday is lying in and beside the pool with multiple cocktails for 7 days.
      We have been to Daydream Island before and really loved it. Would this be the best place for us or does anyone have any other islands they can recommend.
      I really want somewhere with a pool bar and somewhere where everything is quick and easy to get to.
      Also, considering I want to spend most of my time in the pool, which would be the earliest month that I could go between June and December where this would be suitable. I don't want to freeze my butt off.
      Thanks,
      Heather

3 Answers May 17, 2009 at 6:34 PM
    • Whitsundays Christmas 2008

by karensoerensen Online Now Dec 5, 2008 at 5:18 AM

Hi!
      We are three girls that are travelling the Whisundays around christmas 2008.
      Does anyone know if we should have everything booked (i.e. accomodation and sailing trips) before we arrive? We are a bit worried that everything will be booked out if you do not book before we arrive.
      Thanks for your help.-)

4 Answers Dec 7, 2008 at 3:27 AM