Whitsunday Islands Travel Answers

change location

The best island to completely relax

by Heatherkis Online Now May 15, 2009 at 6:36 PM

Hi,
I am 40 and my mum is 73. I want to go to the Whitsundays sometime this year and I will take my mum away with me.
I am a business woman and have had an insanely busy year (or ten), and all I want to do is absolutely nothing.
My idea of a great holiday is lying in and beside the pool with multiple cocktails for 7 days.
We have been to Daydream Island before and really loved it. Would this be the best place for us or does anyone have any other islands they can recommend.
I really want somewhere with a pool bar and somewhere where everything is quick and easy to get to.
Also, considering I want to spend most of my time in the pool, which would be the earliest month that I could go between June and December where this would be suitable. I don't want to freeze my butt off.
Thanks,
Heather

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • lynnehamman's Profile Photo

Re: The best island to completely relax

by lynnehamman Online Now May 16, 2009 at 1:02 AM

Heather I think that Daydream would be a good choice.It is less touristy & frenetic than the other islands.Brampton is my second choice.
    Daydream has a wonderful spa facility too.
    Hamilton & Hayman are good too- but very very crowded and commercial(in my opinion)
    Queensland is never freezing-however I think that any time after October would be good for soaking up some sunshine & swimming.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • colin_bramso's Profile Photo

by colin_bramso Online Now May 16, 2009 at 1:21 AM

I agree, Daydream would be my choice.

• betska's Profile Photo

by betska Online Now May 17, 2009 at 6:34 PM

Long Island also worth considering. Pages soon!

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines