Whitsunday Islands Travel Answers

change location

Sailing in Whitsundays

by Tomas83 Online Now Dec 5, 2007 at 5:35 PM

Hi,
Me, my girlfriend and my dad are travelling from Cairns to Sydney by car for 3 weeks and going sailing in Whitsundays would be so nice. I'm wondering if anyone has any advice on what boat to take? We don't want a party boat because my dad is coming with us but we're on a pretty tight budget so a cheap boat would be to prefer.

Cheers,

Tomas

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • aussirose's Profile Photo

Re: Sailing in Whitsundays

by aussirose Online Now Dec 6, 2007 at 4:54 AM

Check out CandS's pages - here's a start -
    Whitsunday Islands Transportation Tips by CandS
    I always remember how they rave about their sailing Whitsunday trip. You might want to flick them an email for more info.
    Cheers, Ann :o)

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Re: Sailing in Whitsundays

by Tomas83 Online Now Dec 6, 2007 at 4:35 PM

Hi,
    We're more interested in taking a 2 nights trip with everything provided, we don't have the experience to rent our own boat. I've found some trips for around 250 for 2 nights how much is the difference between them and the ones that cost around 450 dollars?
    Cheers,

Tomas

• Couplesynergy's Profile Photo

Re: Sailing in Whitsundays

by Couplesynergy Online Now Dec 7, 2007 at 2:19 AM

There are lots of different boats offering lots of different experiences. You are probably best off getting there and walking down the main street of Airlie Beach and finding a travel agent (which isn't difficult to do). They can explain each trip and boat to you and you can take your pick.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines