Whitsunday Islands Travel Answers

change location
missiegold's Profile Photo

Whitsunday cruise boats?

by missiegold Online Now Oct 11, 2006 at 4:29 PM

Hi
Im researching cruises in the whitsundays and want to book a 2 or 3 night cruise for mid Dec. I'd rather not arrive in Airlie without a booking (hate leaving things to chanse!). I saw a few that I like if anybody has been on them or has heard any feedback please feel free to post, good or bad. There appears to be some pretty bad operators out there - we want something exciting with lots of activities - island exploring, snorkling, sucba diving and a bit of entertainment/ games on the ship without being totally insane. We are a couple in our early 30s. Here are the boats we were looking at:

sailing-whitsundays.com/prod...

Or: if you have been on another trip that you thought good plese reccomend.
Thanks.

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • Couplesynergy's Profile Photo

RE: Whitsunday cruise boats?

by Couplesynergy Online Now Oct 12, 2006 at 12:08 AM

I have seen Powerplay and it is a very nice looking boat. Have heard good reports about it but have never been on it. All of these boats take a lot of people out and I think even Powerplay can take 17 or 18 people plus crew which makes it pretty tight. Most of the racing yachts have over 20 onboard with one toilet and no bunks which doesn't appeal to me at all but the backpackers seem to love it. I would recommend that you book a double berth and pay the extra. You can also get a skipper yourself boat and cruise to where you would like to go when you would like to go. Take a look at www.seastarcruising.com.au for more info. Hope that this helps.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • aussirose's Profile Photo

RE: RE: Whitsunday cruise boats?

by aussirose Online Now Oct 13, 2006 at 6:06 PM

Knew you guys would answer :o) I'd visit Couplesnergy's pages if I was you....Have fun!! Cheers, Ann.

• missiegold's Profile Photo

RE: RE: Whitsunday cruise boats?

by missiegold Online Now Oct 15, 2006 at 3:30 AM

Hi thanks.
    Couplesynergie your report is fab. will def think about hiring - we kinda wanted to have a few people on board as didn't want to get sick of eachother! Also neither of us have ever skippered a boat. We had intended to book a private double. (actually pacific star seems to have an en-suite and tv/dvd in the cabin)

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines