Whitsunday Islands Travel Answers

change location

Tallarook Sail & Dive - DO NOT USE!!!!!

by jamesjudson Online Now Feb 8, 2006 at 2:01 AM

Maxi Samurai with Tallarook Sail & Dive - I want to urgently advise anyone of some SERIOUS safety and hygiene concerns and the hugely sub-standard conditions. After we had left port and were sailing out to
sea, the first thing to crew did was to open cans of beer - one after the other they drank as we started our trip - was this a sign of things to come? While I started to enjoy the scenery, the crew were far from professional. In fact, on several occasions I felt UNSAFE and worried that there might be an accident. The sleeping area inside the Samurai held a very bad smell, was very dirty and some of the seating was falling apart. The sleeping area is one giant room, not sectioned off in any way. No itinerary was given to us about places we were to visit. There was no explanation as to which islands we were sailing past. The diving and snorkeling equipment was in a very poor state. The stinger suits had holes in, the gloves didn't fit tightly, no one had fins the right size for their feet and they were torn, and the snorkels did not have safety valves. The first night's sleep was unbearable.The sleeping area was unbearably hot and very smelly. On the second night, the crew were were having races in speed boats in the pitch black around our boat, and acting dangerously. Their attitude made everyone apprehensive about them being in control of our lives in the middle of the sea. None of the crew involved themselves with any of the passengers with any evening chat, activities. The brochures very definitely lie. AVOID THIS COMPANY AT ALL COSTS!

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • RE: Tallarook Sail & Dive - DO NOT USE!!!!!

by Dave171 Online Now Aug 29, 2006 at 10:31 AM

Hello just read your post myslef and g/f were booked in to do a trip with tallarook company. We did not actually get to do the whitsundays trip with tallrook because they cancelled the trip without telling us so the day we were to depart we found out that the tri was canclled. What really ticked us off was that they laughed at us when we explain to them that because of this cancelation we were unable to do the trip and also we advised them that we ahd been keeping in touch with them to ensure our boat was in good status and were always told we had nothing to worry about. I hope this compnay goes out of business thank you for your post I will be putting as amny posts on as many forums about this company as I can find
    regards
    Dave

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • RE: RE: Tallarook Sail & Dive - DO NOT USE!!!!!

by gareth12345 Online Now Jan 15, 2007 at 10:13 PM

i can not agree more with these coments, i was traveling up the coast with my 6 friends and i booked the boat new horizon, with travel bugs in byron bay. we thought that we had paid for an upgraded boat, when me and my 6 friends got to the harbour in airlie beach to go ton the sailing trip, we were horified to see the boat in real life, it is a discusting fishing boat that should be burnt, as it is not fair for backpackers to be fooled by nice broucher pictures that dont look anything like the real product. we refused to get on the boat and we got back to airlie beach, where we booked on to another boat called the pride of airlie, this was a fantastic trip that we all enjoyed it was great fun, i am not some one who complanes ever, but this company tallarook should be put out of buissness and no travel agent should sell it as it is a complete joke and a rip off.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines