Whitsunday Islands Travel Answers

change location

Cheaper diving Cairns to whitsundays

by LouiseJ Online Now Aug 31, 2005 at 6:08 AM

Hi there I'm going to fly into Cairns in late September and fly out of Proserpine (near Airlie beach) mid october. I'm a certified diver and I'd dearly love to do some diving on this trip but haven't got much money to splash. I already looked into volunteering on a dive boat with no success so I'm wondering if anyone has any other suggestions, in particular if they have seen good standby rates available? I'd love to get to Yongala, thats my dream for this trip but I think the daytrips aren't great value as I need to be taken with a guide (less than 15 dives). If I could do my advanced while I was there, even better!
Any suggestions?

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • aussirose's Profile Photo

RE: Cheaper diving Cairns to whitsundays

by aussirose Online Now Aug 31, 2005 at 7:25 PM

Hi Louise. Sorry, I havn't got any diving suggestions except that hubby & my daughter did diving for the first time when we visited the Whitsundays :o) But I would like to suggest that you look into flying out of Hamilton Island instead of Proserpine. We flew into Hamilton Island and I tell you, it was an awesome view!! Anyway, have fun and hope you get in some great diving too!! Cheers, Ann :o)

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • batgirl1001's Profile Photo

RE: Cheaper diving Cairns to whitsundays

by batgirl1001 Online Now Sep 1, 2005 at 3:13 AM

You can google around for Whitsunday dive boats and find out what's available. But I still it is still best to book in person. I book my 3-day Whitsundays sailing trip the night before around 8pm. I found the best rates advertised in this backpackers magazine called TNT Magazine which can be picked up at most major hostels around Australia.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines