Whitsunday Islands Travel Answers

change location
SamFielder's Profile Photo

Powerplay in the Whitsundays dive holidays

by SamFielder Online Now Mar 27, 2004 at 3:16 AM

I wish to a dive tour and visit the Whitsunday Islands I meet a guy at a hostel that said Powerplay was the gun new boat and good value. Others have told us that the Whitsundays has some really old boats that are very overcrowded. I dont think I can afford an expensive boat. can anyone advise what would be the best of the cheaper ones.

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • Re: Powerplay in the Whitsundays dive holidays

by nommad Online Now Mar 27, 2004 at 7:06 PM

tallarook seem to do the best deals they advertise 3 days but it is only 46 hours best to shop around in airlie beach but go to the offices of the companies dont trust the hostels "independent advice"the sailing companies all have deals running with the hostels so the ones that bring the most groups back to the bar for a party after the trip are the boats that the "independent advice" hostels will sell most off regardless of price

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • moon667's Profile Photo

Re: Powerplay in the Whitsundays dive holidays

by moon667 Online Now Mar 30, 2004 at 10:06 AM

tallarook 3 was cheap but as you said way over crowded. I lucked out and got a job washing dishes for a free sail on it so I didn't really care. but everyone else on it complained most of the trip, though partly because the crew were a bit mean. I also paid for "The Pride of Airlie" it was a bit more expensive but I had a great trip.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines