change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• LukeD17's Profile Photo

Whitehorse to Kluane Lake

by LukeD17 Online Now Oct 8, 2013 at 5:05 AM

is it possible to get to the start of the slim west route near Lake Kluane from Whitehorse using public transport or a transport company? and if so how much would it cost?

• CdnJane's Profile Photo

September in Whitehorse

by CdnJane Online Now Aug 2, 2011 at 8:58 AM

An Aussie friend and I are considering driving, mid-September 2012, from Skagway to Whitehorse (yes, we are aware that he has to rent the car as Canadian law won't allow a car rented in the US by a Canadian into Canada! Makes no sense that an Aussie can rent the car!) Is this a safe drive at that time of year? (ie, it IS too early for snow, right???) I'm assuming we have to be wary of moose and other wildlife on the roads? Are the Northern Lights visible in September? What about returning via Haines Junction, and the Haines Highway? I know we'd have to get the ferry from Haines to Skagway, but is that a viable idea?
      Any hotels that we should avoid? Since we have a car, it does mean we don't have to stick to downtown hotels or ones by the airport - any highly recommended places for just one night? Any restaurants that really are must go to's? We're not looking for high-end - just good food, and hopefully locally sourced.
      Thank you for your assistance. VTers are the best!

2 Answers Sep 11, 2011 at 10:13 AM
    • Whitehorse in winter

by italmelb Online Now Feb 14, 2010 at 4:18 AM

Hello All
      I am coming to Whitehorse in December as part of my round the world trip
      I already found a hostel where to stay, but I do have some other questions...

1) What is the weather like in December? much snow? any -40 days?
      2) Are the northern lights visible regularly in winter? does Whitehorse gets ice fog like Yellowknife?
      3) What's the downtown area like?
      4) Any organized tours/activities I can do while I am there?
      5) Any dangerous animals roaming around the city?

Thanks!

3 Answers May 19, 2010 at 4:01 PM
    • Transportation frrom airport

by duchelie Online Now Apr 17, 2007 at 9:03 AM

I would like to know if there are some public tranportation from the airport to
      the certer of the city.
      Thank you
      Cezanne
      Quebec

2 Answers Apr 17, 2007 at 12:20 PM
    • Fuel Prices april, 6th 2006

by sovidoug Online Now Apr 6, 2006 at 4:13 PM

I would like to know what the price per liter of diesel is in Whitehorse, YT, Canada and the surrounding area is at the present time and what may be expected this summer (if known). We are planning another trip to Alaska and northern Canada with a diesel truck and a 5th wheel trailer. Thank you!!!

4 Answers Apr 18, 2006 at 12:50 PM