Whitby

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Rainbow Cottage MALTON

Malton Yesterday

Hi, My husband and I are planning a trip to UK and am wondering if anyone knows if Rainbow Cottage in Malton still exists. My grandmother was born there in 1897 and her brother was born in Norton.. We are travelling from Australia and will be our first visit to the UK. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

more
    • whats on in goathland

Goathland Apr 3, 2014 at 3:21 AM

is there anything special happening in goathland on 22nd june 2014 as im going on a coach trip there on that day

more
    • Transportation from Heathrow to Harrogate

Harrogate Apr 1, 2014 at 8:59 PM

This June we will be landing at Heathrow and need to make our way to Harrogate. Should we use the tube to get from Heathrow to KIngs Cross and then get a train from there, or is there a train that goes directly from Heathrow to Harrogate? It seems like it is much less expensive to travel by train rather than flying.
      Any travel recommendations are greatly appreciated.

more
    • swiftfoot's Profile Photo

North Yorkshire

York Apr 17, 2014 at 6:14 AM

1. My wife and I have 4 days to spend in York in the third week of September. We want to visit a few castles within 50 miles of the city, and also to go out and enjoy the scenery without doing too much walking. Any suggestions will be much appreciated.

2. From York, we proceed to Perth, Scotland. Which type of public land transportation will be more scenic?

more
    • joyjoyjoy's Profile Photo

Best Restaurant

by joyjoyjoy Online Now May 3, 2013 at 7:43 AM

Spending a few days in Whitby, England. I want an excellent restaurant for fine dining to celebrate my wedding anniversary. Love seafood, French Food and excllent service. Can you advise please?

5 Answers May 5, 2013 at 12:37 AM
    • local bus service

by newmanarlington Online Now Jul 24, 2011 at 1:38 PM

is there a bus service running between whitby and scarborough?

5 Answers Jul 27, 2011 at 5:37 AM
    • msklausler's Profile Photo

Need a car?

by msklausler Online Now Apr 20, 2010 at 6:23 AM

We're going to Whitby for a few days (from the US) and I'm wondering if we will need a car to get around, or can we just take the train from an airport and walk the town for those few days?

Also, best airport to fly into for staying in Whitby?

Thanks!

5 Answers Apr 21, 2010 at 9:07 AM
    • York to Whitby on a Sunday

by penerod Online Now Aug 29, 2008 at 2:41 PM

Hi there, I want to do a day trip to Whitby from York next Sunday, I don't have my own vehicle, what is the easiest/quickest way to get there? Train to Scarborough then bus to Whitby, or bus all the way? They don't seem to be that frequent on Sundays and have to change in Marlton?
      Any help much appreciated:-)

1 Answer Aug 29, 2008 at 11:51 PM
    • Raunchy_Poet's Profile Photo

Which side of river best for B&B?

by Raunchy_Poet Online Now Jul 8, 2007 at 2:53 AM

Hi there - Whitby cognoscenti!

It's many, many years since I went to Whitby, and all I remember is the abbey up on the hill on one side of the river. I want to book 1-2 nights B&B, and would like to know which side of the river is best. Any other info on well-positioned B&Bs would be welcome.

Thanks.

5 Answers Feb 17, 2008 at 8:09 AM
    • Day trips from Whitby

by jennywren58 Online Now Feb 10, 2007 at 12:26 AM

I will be in Whitby for 7 days in late April. Does anyone know of any day trips to the lake district from there?

3 Answers Feb 10, 2007 at 9:15 AM
    • getting to whitby by train from london

by thewriter Online Now Jan 15, 2007 at 11:43 AM

My friend and I are coming to Whitby in early June. What is the cheapest way of getting to Whitby by train? Some of the trains I've looked at have scary prices...

8 Answers Apr 3, 2007 at 2:56 AM
    • Accommodation July 23rd

by sheffken Online Now May 15, 2005 at 4:18 AM

Can any locals give me any info on Abbey gael festival and cheap and cheerful b and b accommodation for 3 persons (family 2xM 1xF)or places to errect a tent or park an estate care for overnite stay.

B and B will need to accommdate late entry access due to concert not finishing til early hours of 24th.(Saw Doctors fan - last act on stage)

First time visitor - any info around this event appreciated Private message responses welcome - ken@celebritysweepstake.co.uk

• christine.j's Profile Photo

Is there any coach/train connection from Whitby to Durham?

by christine.j Online Now Mar 15, 2005 at 10:17 PM

I was planning to take the coach from York to Whitby, go back to York, and the next day take a train up to Durham. But I would be easier to make this trip a triangle: take the coach to Whitby, go to Durham and then take the train back to York. However, I couldn't find any train for the Whitby-Durham leg. National Express also has no direct coach.
      Does anyone know if there is some other public transportation between the two towns?
      Thank you for any information.
      Christine

7 Answers Jul 27, 2005 at 4:09 AM
    • About Whitby

by aussielou Online Now Dec 21, 2004 at 3:43 AM

Hi, I will be based in whitby for 6 months in 2005. I would like as much info about this area, what I should and shouldnt do, all that sort of thing. Im a virgin traveller and at this moment finding quite daunting, hopefully this will pass and excitement wil set in. Is the accent quite thick or will I be able to understand this fine? coming from Australia to Whitby in april should I pack heavy clothing or mddle or light? Thanks for your help. Cheers

9 Answers Jul 14, 2009 at 7:53 AM