Travel Answers
Whistler

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Probability/cost of a sublet/condo Jan-March?

by Washingtonskiier Online Now Apr 3, 2014 at 7:44 PM

Looking to do a half season from around New Years to the end of March. Anyone know the typical availability of mid-term accommodation during the peak time of the year? Won't have a car so walking/bussing is necessary. Would love to be in village but if it is significant savings to be a little further out that's okay. How much will a room in a 3-BR typically run me? What about a 1-BR? Or is this very hard to do?

Price range is $800-$1300

Thanks

more
    • Student season pass?

by Washingtonskiier Online Now Mar 28, 2014 at 7:00 PM

Do you just need to submit verification of full time student status at the beginning of the season when you buy the student season pass? Or do you have to periodically prove student status?

more
    • Probability/cost of a sublet/condo Jan-March?

by Washingtonskiier Online Now Apr 3, 2014 at 7:44 PM

Looking to do a half season from around New Years to the end of March. Anyone know the typical availability of mid-term accommodation during the peak time of the year? Won't have a car so walking/bussing is necessary. Would love to be in village but if it is significant savings to be a little further out that's okay. How much will a room in a 3-BR typically run me? What about a 1-BR? Or is this very hard to do?

Price range is $800-$1300

Thanks

3 Answers Apr 4, 2014 at 6:51 AM
    • Student season pass?

by Washingtonskiier Online Now Mar 28, 2014 at 7:00 PM

Do you just need to submit verification of full time student status at the beginning of the season when you buy the student season pass? Or do you have to periodically prove student status?

4 Answers Apr 3, 2014 at 7:47 PM
    • Whistler in May

by kerrington3 Online Now Mar 16, 2014 at 12:14 PM

We were thinking of visiting Whistler May 3rd-6th, but are now having second thoughts. It appears the Peak 2 Peak Gondla will not be running, mountain top barbecue or sea to mountain train (some of the reasons we wanted to visit)
      I'm worried there will not be much to do? Are the bars and restaraunts still quite busy/open?

4 Answers Mar 17, 2014 at 4:01 PM
    • DuncanMurray's Profile Photo

Living in Whistler for a year

by DuncanMurray Online Now Mar 1, 2014 at 6:12 AM

Im planning on moving to Whistler for a year and was wondering what the opportunities were like for lodging (with a resident) and getting basic work (bar work etc assuming i get visas sorted) ?

1 Answer Mar 1, 2014 at 8:03 AM
    • AaronG11's Profile Photo

Getting a job?

by AaronG11 Online Now Jan 18, 2014 at 4:03 PM

hey guys,
      I was wondering if its hard to find a job at whistler if i just rock up late november?

5 Answers Jan 19, 2014 at 5:40 PM
    • Skiing in mid April 2014 at Whistler?

by MM_L Online Now Jan 10, 2014 at 6:36 PM

Hi there,

Planning a trip atm for March / April 2014 - want to know is their still good snow in Whistler in mid April normally? Also, can anyone recommend an good ski schools and deals - accom / transfers /lift passes - thanks in advance!

MM

4 Answers Jan 12, 2014 at 5:37 PM
    • Trip from Vancouver to Whistler

by snowbomb Online Now Dec 28, 2013 at 7:22 PM

Hey There...
      I´m plannig to go to whistler on january13th for a few days, to go snowboarding there and having a good time :)
      If anybody wants to join me, your very welcome....

Vanessa

• junet's Profile Photo

Grocery Shopping Before getting to Whistler

by junet Online Now Dec 11, 2013 at 2:57 PM

We are driving from Seattle to Whistler in January. Where would be the best place to stop and stock up on supplies along the way?
      Thanks

4 Answers Dec 12, 2013 at 11:13 AM
    • working without a visa

by caityy Online Now Nov 14, 2013 at 3:26 PM

I have a month to kill around the BC area in January and was thinking of spending some time snow boarding in Whistler. I don't have a working visa but was hopeful on getting an under the desk job or working in a hostel for the cost of staying there or something similar. Is there anywhere where this is possible?
      Cheers :)

7 Answers Nov 16, 2013 at 9:15 PM
    • Two months accommodation in Whistler for 1 person

by WhistlerBro Online Now Nov 12, 2013 at 2:50 PM

Hello guys!

I am going to Whistler for two months winter! Will arrive there around 20th January and leave somewhere in the end of March.

During this time I will need some cheap accommodation! As I dont got driving license and I am going to Whistler only for the skiing, I am requiring the accommodation to be either ski in-, ski- out, or walkable distance to lift or bus station.

So the only thing I care about is really the position, I dont care if its luxury or got a hot-tub or whatever. A kitchen would be nice tho. With the position and kitchen solved, I am looking for the absolute cheapest.

What would you recommend?

Thanks by advance!

5 Answers Nov 14, 2013 at 7:23 AM
    • Cost to Visit Whistler

by jklich07 Online Now Oct 30, 2013 at 1:47 AM

My wife and I are thinking of going to Whistler in February next year but have heard it is expensive. We know the cost of lift tickets, ski rentals, lodging, etc., but I cannot find anything about cost of food or other activities besides skiing. Any help is appreciated. Thanks in advance!

1 Answer Oct 30, 2013 at 9:50 AM
    • Toddler advice

by afairchild8 Online Now Oct 28, 2013 at 8:53 AM

My husband's family is planning a family vacation for next summer when my child will be 26 months old. We have been coming up with more cons rather than pros to take him with us. What is there to do with a 2 year old in Whistler? Or is it more for kids that are a little older?

2 Answers Oct 28, 2013 at 9:24 AM
    • ride share

by parveennagpal Online Now Aug 13, 2013 at 12:25 PM

i need a ride from calgary to surry or vancouver

• What to do in Whistler in September?

by Diamondfairys Online Now Aug 1, 2013 at 10:29 AM

I have some spare time in Whistler and I need something to do.

6 Answers Aug 1, 2013 at 8:18 PM
    • Where to stay on LONG trips to Whistler

by mdreyer007 Online Now Apr 27, 2013 at 10:42 AM

Thinking of planning a 1 - 2 month trip to Whistler and was wondering if there are any places to stay long term and what my best options for long term lodging would be.

Was also thinking about splitting up some of that time in Vancouver and am curious about travel to/from Whistler and Vancouver.

Thanks!!

1 Answer Apr 30, 2013 at 7:47 AM
    • Work in whistler in February

by spaz26 Online Now Jan 20, 2012 at 12:52 PM

Hi! Im moving to whistler in the beggining week of Feb, I already have a place sorted which is awesome, but Im wondering what my chances of finding work are?

3 Answers Jan 21, 2012 at 7:53 PM
    • Need a room in whistler during february

by JLeiding Online Now Jan 8, 2012 at 8:39 PM

I am coming to whistler for the month of february and need a room for the month.

Please send me and email if you have anything.

Jleiding@live.com

• Accomodation

by Rafryde Online Now Dec 12, 2011 at 10:27 AM

Hi!

I'm planning to travel to Whistler next February, and I could not decide if it would be better to stay at North Village or Upper Village?

Could someone give me a tip?

Tks!
      Fernanda

4 Answers Jan 24, 2012 at 1:55 AM
    • To rent a car or take shuttle bus?

by kng29 Online Now Sep 30, 2011 at 9:40 AM

Hello,

My boyfriend and I are travelling to Vancouver for a week in December and will be spending 3 nights in Whistler. We are debating whether it is best to rent a car and drive ourselves to Whistler or take a bus. Renting a car seems to be about the same price as takin the bus ($60 pp each way) which I think is quite expensive ($240 in total for both of us).

Any suggestions/tips are appreciated!!

Thanks!

8 Answers Oct 1, 2011 at 5:50 PM
    • 24 Hours IN SEPTEMBER - What to see/do to make it SPECTACULAR

by msmobean Online Now Jul 26, 2011 at 12:53 PM

Celebrating a wonderful remission and hoping for GREAT advice on what I shouldn't miss during 24 hours in Whistler in September. Also, what would be the best hotel/view/coziness/romance in Whistler that is in closing walking distance to all the fun/food/bars?

5 Answers Aug 26, 2011 at 10:15 AM
    • accomodation

by chemz22 Online Now Jul 22, 2011 at 7:28 AM

hey my self and 6 mates are travelling to whistler in jan 2012 and are wanting to stay in a townhouse or condo but are struggling with an over 25 age restriction in most places....can anyone suggest some places where this restriction will not be a factor

cheers

1 Answer Jul 22, 2011 at 11:11 AM
    • Whistler Lodgings near Fairmont Chateau

by tibbels Online Now Mar 1, 2011 at 11:10 AM

Hello there,

I will be attending a conference at the Fairmont Chateau in Whistler, but my per diem doesn't allow enough per night to stay at the Chateau. Is there any place near by that is nice and within walkable distance of the Chateau that I could get for about150 USD?

Thanks in advance,
      Beth

5 Answers Mar 22, 2011 at 8:34 PM
    • UFC/Strikeforce (MMA) in Whistler...

by NotRyan Online Now Jan 21, 2011 at 5:22 AM

G'day

I'm heading to Whistler in a few weeks and was wondering if there are sports bars - or indeed bars of any description - that show the big MMA events on PPV.

So... Are there?

Thanks
      Ciao
      NotRyan

3 Answers Jan 22, 2011 at 7:07 AM
    • JuliaUlehla's Profile Photo

2 girls moving to Whistler for 4 months!

by JuliaUlehla Online Now Nov 9, 2010 at 6:06 AM

Hey guys, we are two 18 year old Australian girls looking to find a place in whistler village (preferably) for 4 months. We are getting working Visa's and plan to work regularly, probably just in hospitality, but later on I will hopefully find work as a snowboarding instructor (when I'm qualified).
      I've had a few friends live in Whistler for a year or so and all claim they found work easily, that people there are friendly, that the transport is decent (we won't be able to drive over there!) etc.
      Please let me know if you have any tips, warnings, or experiences you would like to share with us in relevance to getting a job, accommodation etc or if you have any available for us!
      Thank you very much, we appreciate your help =)

8 Answers Dec 13, 2010 at 2:12 PM
    • Peak to peak

by Tuum.est Online Now Oct 16, 2010 at 6:33 PM

You comment that you can lose your pass for skiing Peak to Peak. I have never seen it signed as being closed. I would be very surprised if it is closed. Clearly it is triple black and dangerous, but is it even in the ski area. If not, then of course anyone can ski it whenever they want. I caution anyone thinking of it that it is extreme skiing! Do you have info that it is closed?

5 Answers Oct 17, 2010 at 10:56 PM
    • Two young aussies

by rachel.Br Online Now Sep 29, 2010 at 3:16 AM

My friend and i are travelling to canada in Jan 2011, Just wondering how to get a good job? also living wise whats the costs per month, and how do i find reasonable living with out signing a huge lease because we are going to be in canada for 4 months then going to europe then possibly coming back to canada..

Cheers!

6 Answers Sep 29, 2010 at 1:31 PM
    • valerie7277's Profile Photo

Whistler Tasting Tour

by valerie7277 Online Now Mar 27, 2010 at 9:01 AM

Hi! Has anyone taken a dining tour with Whistler Tasting Tours? We're looking into taking one, but wanted to get some feedback. I like the "Hidden Gems" tour. It's90 for 4 courses at 4 locations, and you can add on wine pairings for an additional25 (tax and tip all included). I think it's a great deal, but wanted to hear if there are any other suggestions.

Thanks!
      Valerie

• Whistler in December

by italmelb Online Now Feb 14, 2010 at 4:12 AM

Hello All
      I am planning my 5th around the world trip which will happen in December as usual.
      Whistler will be one of my first stops so I was wondering if you could give me some advice about a few things....

1) Is there enough snow usually at the beginning/middle of December?
      2) Any shuttle bus from Vancouver airport? if yes how long it takes?
      3) Any youth hostels in Downtown whistler?
      4) What about winter activities day tours I can do? (snowshoeing, etc)
      5) I also heard there is this activity called zip line which is unique to British Columbia, is it fun?~
      6) Does whistler have a gondola like Banff does from where I can see the whole town?
      7) How far from the town are the sky fields?

thanks in advance!

5 Answers Dec 13, 2010 at 11:50 AM
    • Bear watching in Whistler?

by Simbi Online Now Sep 5, 2009 at 7:33 PM

Dear all,

I just arrived in Whistler and very much enjoy the place.

Where will I be able to watch bears? It seems, I will be the only person been in Canada without having seen one...

I asked in the hotel and at the tourist information - their answers were not really helpful. I formerly read in this forum, to go to the dump-place in Whistler. Today I have been informed, that this one has been removed.

We have got a car, so it would not be a problem to drive a little bit around. Any suggestions?

Thanks for any comments,

Simbi

1 Answer Sep 20, 2009 at 11:56 AM
    • phoughton's Profile Photo

Planning RV trip to Whistler this winter

by phoughton Online Now Jun 27, 2009 at 10:33 AM

I am planning an RV trip from California to Whistler this winter. Does anyone have any tips on Staying in an RV during winter? Or can you recommend any places to stay in Whistler ie. RV parks, parking lots? Please give me as many tips as you can, I want to be prepared! Thank you - Paul

5 Answers Nov 23, 2009 at 10:22 AM