change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• RjT17's Profile Photo

Solo travelling to Queenstown, NZ

New Zealand Jul 20, 2014 at 7:30 AM

I am doing a solo travel in Queenstown from July 26-31, I would like to connect with people who are there at the same time.

more
    • How to do the Tongariro Northern Circuit in 3 days/2 nights

Tongariro National Park Jul 17, 2014 at 2:31 AM

I am looking to do the Tongariro NC in January 2015 with my girlfriend. Both of us are moderately fit and have hiked before. After looking at various descriptions of the trek, I am not sure how to split it up. We don't want to rush things and are planning on spending 3 days/2 nights on the circuit, but we cannot do 4 days as this does not fit into our itinerary.

So which huts should we book to have the best possible experience (longer distances on the easier parts of the trek, more time in the rough parts and enough time to take pictures/enjoy the most scenic parts?

Thanks a lot in advance!

more
    • eswepe's Profile Photo

Accomodation - Can we wing it?

New Zealand Jul 8, 2014 at 2:43 PM

Hello! We will be in New Zealand October 11-26. The first 5 days will be spent on the North Island and the rest on the South Island. I'm wondering whether it will be easy to find accomodation on the spot that time of year or whether we'll need to plan a bit further ahead. I know there are school holidays that extend into early October, but I think we'll just be catching the tail end our first couple of days in town (correct me if I'm wrong!). We're hoping to do a mix of camping and more standard guesthouse-type accomodations, but don't want to be tied down to a set schedule if we don't have to be. Also, for camping, if you have any suggestions for places to buy camping gear in Auckland, that would be great. We're debating whether to bring our own from home or buy once we're there and then donate it at the end (we'll be flying into Auckland and out of Christchurch, so I'm guessing renting isn't an option). Tips on donation centers that might accept camping gear in Christchurch would be great too.

Thanks!

more
    • Troll STroll

Norsewood Jul 13, 2014 at 12:42 AM

What is the cost for visiting the Troll Stroll?

more
    • Doubtful Sound.

Te Anau Jul 10, 2014 at 2:03 AM

I have travelled Milford Sound. Is Doubtful Sound more Spectacular or roughly the same?

more
    • gailwood@clear.net.nz

Ohakana Island Jun 28, 2014 at 6:55 PM

Is there accommodation on Ohakana Island.

Cheers Gail Wood

more
    • Transport options from Mangatepopo to Whakapapa Village

Tongariro National Park Jul 19, 2014 at 7:00 AM

Can somebody please advice on transport options from Mangatepopo to Whakapapa village in the Afternoon in January 2015. I am looking to cut the Northern Circle Hike one day short.

Is there any public transport?
      If not - can I schedule a private transport that picks me up around 4/5pm?

Thanks a lot

more
    • Best time to go to New Zealand

New Zealand Jul 2, 2014 at 4:22 AM

When is the best time to go to New Zealand ? Is it necessary to order hotels in advance ? ( in the beginning of December month for instance). The problem is that it is difficult to know how much time to spend in each place.

more
    • Peak Season Camping

New Zealand Jun 23, 2014 at 11:56 AM

I am interested in staying at some DOD campgrounds on occasion throughout our trip to save some money, and not have to book every night in advanced (and I'm guessing the camping is a little more my style rather than the large RV parks). I'm noticing that a lot of DOD campgrounds are first come first served, and I am wondering if this becomes a problem in peak season. Are these likely to fill up quickly in areas near tourist attraction, such as Franz Josef Glacier, Queenstown, Mount Cook? If they do, are we likely to find last minute space available in nearby holiday parks as a backup plan, or would these be booked as well, and we would end up having to drive on to another town? We only need non-powered sites, but won't be self-contained, so won't be able to freedom camp.

more
    • Extra day in Auckland or go to Coromandel?

New Zealand Jul 4, 2014 at 4:18 AM

Hi,

I originally planned to go to the Coromandel from Auckland to see Cathedral Cove and Hot Water beach (tide permitting) but am now thinking if it would be better to see the sights closer to Auckland instead. Would I regret not going to the Coromandel? With an early start, we should arrive at the Coromandel by mid morning. We will then stay overnight at Whitianga. Will this give us a enough time or will it be better to stay in Auckland and maybe see one of the islands around Auckland or to go to a neighbouring suburb. We'll only have one full day in Auckland and I can't decide whether to spend an extra day there or visit another town. I understand Cathedral Cove is very picturesque with a nice walk and a good beach.

Thanks

more