Wexford Travel Answers

change location

Moving to Ireland

by PaSone Online Now Oct 15, 2012 at 11:20 AM

Hi my name is Nebojsa I`m Serbian I applied for job in Ireland online it`s company in Wexford called Lionbridge who is searching for person who knows Croatian language (Croatian Speakers required in Wexford).For Serbians is required work permit to work in Ireland,and I know that the employer rarely employs workers who don`t have work permit.So my question is because knowledge of Croatian language is very rarely,and I guess that few workers from the EU knows that language is it possible to person who don`t have work permit gets the job,are the company willing to invest in workers without work permits for such type of work.Is there anyone who is interested to share their experience about it.Thank you very much...

Quote & Answer
5 Answers
  • leics's Profile Photo

Re: Moving to Ireland

by leics Online Now Oct 15, 2012 at 11:34 AM

EU law requires that employers must offer jobs to EU residents. Jobs can only be offered to non-EU residents if it can be shown that no EU resident can fulfil the role. The employer would then assist in obtaining a work permit.

However, I am sure there are quite a few Croatian speakers already resident in EU countries (including Ireland).

If the employer finds that you fulfil the role better than any other applicant then I am sure it will assist you with obtaining a work permit. But no reputable employer would employ you without a work permit (the penalties for doing so are substantial) and, of course, you would be very foolish to work illegally.

I hope you are successful in your application. Good luck!

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Re: Moving to Ireland

by PaSone Online Now Oct 15, 2012 at 11:48 AM

Hvala Vam na odgovoru mnogo ste mi pomogli,ali recimo da nemam sta da izgubim :-)
    nadam se da nisu svi zainteresovani za odazak u Irsku kao ja ako ovo ne uspe sigurno cu probati nesto drugo jer imam veliku zelju da zivim u Irskoj,imam slicna iskustva sa ovakvim poslom jer se pre 3 meseca trazio znanje srpskog jezika u Dablinu i usao sam u uzi izbor,razgovori za posao su obavljani putem skajpa stoga resio sam da pokusam pa sta bude. Jos jednom hvala Vam na pomoci bili ste od velike pomoci...

by PaSone Online Now Oct 15, 2012 at 11:53 AM

Thank you very much for helping me ...

by PaSone Online Now Oct 15, 2012 at 11:57 AM

Hvala ti Fugu nastavicemo da trazimo,da li mozda znas ima li neka fabrika sokova u Irskoj posto sam trenutno zaposlen u RAUCH-u pa bih mozda mogao svoje znanje da iskoristim hvala Vam.

by PaSone Online Now Oct 15, 2012 at 12:24 PM

Izvinjavam se mislio sam da se Vi trenutno nalazite u Irskoj...

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines