Westport Travel Answers

change location

Buses!

by laginz Online Now Dec 15, 2009 at 11:33 PM

Im in Auckland, and want to book a bus online for 1 adult and 2 kids to bus from westport to christchurch before xmas but cant find a direct bus/shutle service.. can you help!?

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • Kakapo2's Profile Photo

Re: Buses!

by Kakapo2 Online Now Dec 16, 2009 at 5:23 PM

I am rather sure there is no direct service between Westport and Christchurch. You have to travel via Greymouth.

You get from Westport to Greymouth by Intercity, Nakedbus and Atomic Shuttle, from Greymouth to Christchurch with Atomic Shuttle and West Coast Shuttle.

Atomic Shuttle is no direct connection. The bus from Westport to Greymouth is the bus from Nelson down to the glaciers, and you have to change into the one that comes from Hokitika and goes to Christchurch.

I am not aware of other shuttles that would go from Greymouth to Chch via Arthur's Pass. I often travel on this route and always only see West Coast Shuttles and Atomic Shuttle, also here in Chch.

www.intercity.co.nz
    www.nakedbus.com
    www.westcoastshuttle.co.nz
    www.atomictravel.co.nz

I would still contact the i-site in Westport to make sure that there are no other connections.

Phone: +64 3 789 6658
    Fax: +64 3 789 6668
    Email: westport.info@xtra.co.nz

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Kakapo2's Profile Photo

P.S.

by Kakapo2 Online Now Dec 16, 2009 at 6:13 PM

I have just seen this East West Coaches and Shuttles which seems to operate daily between Westport and Christchurch. They would travel via Reefton, Lewis Pass and Hanmer Springs:

totaltravel.co.nz/travel/sou...

Phones:
    0800 142 622
    +64 (0)37 896-251

They write:
    *Please phone our office to make a booking (03) 789 6251 or 0800 142 622, as we can not guarantee bookings made via email. Anything else an email is fine*

Through the above link you also get to an email for East West.

I have not seen this shuttle service on the road but do not travel there as often as on the Arthur's Pass road.

• Re: Buses!

by Dorz92 Online Now Apr 15, 2013 at 2:49 AM

there is a direct bus service from westport to chch and return daily http://www.eastwestcoaches.co.nz/

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines