change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• hayley_69's Profile Photo

Best nightlcub

Los Angeles Jun 26, 2015 at 2:10 AM

Hi. Can anyone please let us know the best happening night club in LA (going Dec). More so a club that has alot of hip hop, R&B, Rap. Something nice, lots of people etc. No were dodgy ha ha.
      Also is it easy to get into a nightclub or is there alot of rules.
      Thanks in advance :-D

more
    • thelukey's Profile Photo

Safety near Exposition Park

Los Angeles Jun 24, 2015 at 12:57 AM

I'm a white guy who will be visiting friends who live near the intersection of Exposition and Normandie for a few weeks. How worried about safety should I be? Would it be safe to walk 5-6 blocks to get to a Metro station, or to wait for a bus in that area?

more
    • Californica Science Center - Endeavour

Los Angeles Jun 13, 2015 at 8:46 AM

Dear all!

We are planning to visit the California Science Center and also want to see the Endeavour. On the homepage it says:

"A $2 timed reservation is required on weekends, holidays, and the high attendance periods below. Please call (213) 744-2019 for group reservations.

Weekdays through June 9th from 10:00am to 12:45pm"

It seems that the last sentence specifies a "high attendance period". However, it only says that it includes weekdays *through* June 9th, but does not specify when this period starts (so theoretically it could start on June 10th the year before). We are planning to come on August 17th (Monday).

Do we need a reservation?

Thank you!

more
    • caritasrainbow's Profile Photo

Strollers on Newport Avenue?

Ocean Beach Yesterday

Please forgive me if this post shows up multiple times. I've tried asking twice before, but have yet to see my question posted. I'm visiting San Diego for a day in a couple of weeks, mid-July, and would like to spend my day on Newport Avenue. I'm traveling with an infant and while I would normally just carry her in a sling, my hotel is 26 miles from Ocean Beach, so I will have to take a cab. Due to that I will have a car seat and I can't see a better way to carry that around than to use th stroller. That said, I'd like to know if the shops on Newport Avenue are large enough to maneuver around in with a stroller. Also, how about the street itself? Too crowded for a stroller? Would it stick out like a sore thumb? Thanks in advance, and again, I do apologize if my question appears more than once.

more
    • hayley_69's Profile Photo

driving on road end of Nov start of Dec

California Jun 15, 2015 at 3:25 AM

Hey guys.

Me & my friend will be driving LA to San Fran then onto Vegas.
      We will be stopping along way in places, staying some nights etc. My question is there anything i need to be cautious with when driving. I have driven on other side of the road before when i lived in Dubai but obviously is not the US and was back in 2008. (I am from Aus & on full license).

Just some tips & pointers would be great.

Thanks in advance. Hayley

more
    • SarahH48's Profile Photo

Theme parks- Disneyland and Legoland

Los Angeles Jun 15, 2015 at 5:04 PM

How long would you recommend for a family with 3 kids to spend at these two parks? I understand that Legoland has a water park as well as Disneyland has an adventure activity park- are these both worthwhile? Any coupon deals worth checking out to minimise expenses? Our 2 girls will have to go as adults- yikes!

more
    • Traveling from South Lake Tahoe to yYosemite and staying in Groveland

Yosemite National Park Jun 14, 2015 at 10:33 AM

My husband and I are traveling from South Lake Tahoe to Yosemite and staying in Groveland for 2 nights in August . My plan was to take 395 and stop in Bodie on the way and I also want to stop at Whoa Nellie Deli in Lee Vining to see the view of Mono Lake. I'm figuring about 4 1/2 hours and then another 1/2 hour to the East entrance . My first thought was to drive to Groveland and head to the valley floor early the next morning but I now realize that we are traveling through Yosemite to get to Groveland ! So I'm wondering if we should head straight to the valley floor ( I want to do the glacier point tour) and then maybe have dinner there ...maybe a twilight stroll from Ahwahnee... And then head to Groveland for the night and back to the valley the next morning ( My daughter says we should do the Vernal Falls hike) Or are there other areas we should explore if we drive through to Groveland and do the valley floor the next day? We have never been to Yosemite ! I am making these plans solely on what I have read online.. I appreciate any advice :)

more