change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

Popular Western Division Travel Answer Locations

• After Dark

Kololi Jan 19, 2014 at 4:52 AM

Is it safe to walk around Banjul in the evening?

Thanks

4 Answers Jan 24, 2014 at 1:16 PM
    • IanC61's Profile Photo

budget ,samantha and cookie in our 40s

Kotu Dec 21, 2013 at 3:33 PM

we are traveling to the gambia kotu in dec 2013 we love food , and yes ....me cookie loves a good drink whilst visiting foreign parts, whats a good daily budget per person

thanks

cookie

• where is bamboo hotel in kololi

Kololi Nov 5, 2013 at 7:39 AM

where is bamboo hotel in kololi

1 Answer Nov 5, 2013 at 7:57 AM
    • First Timers

Kololi Jun 11, 2013 at 5:57 AM

Hello, me and my girlfriend have booked to go to Kololi for new year, staying at the Palma Rima hotel, we are a little uncertain what to do about money exchange as we have been advised you can not exchange in the UK, we are really looking forward to our visit as it is not your usual package holiday. Is there a higher risk of being bitten by mosquito's in in late December early January? We have been advised using Deet and malarone, we do understand these are preventative measures, we are so looking forward to this holiday, maybe you could give us some recommendations of restaurants and places to visit...

8 Answers Jun 18, 2013 at 11:29 AM
    • grahamplaster's Profile Photo

Kololi

Kololi Oct 31, 2012 at 11:11 AM

Does anybody know of any safe deposit boxes outside of the hotels where i don't stay in Kololi, as i stay in rooms and had £650.00 stolen last year. I will be going again in December and would be gratefull for any feedback

9 Answers Dec 20, 2012 at 1:38 PM
    • malaria

Kololi Oct 18, 2011 at 12:09 PM

what are the best precautions to avoid mosquitoes in your room. considering a two week break in January. Do we need medication before we arrive. Do most hotels provide nets around the beds. is it wise to have recommended jabs.

thanks

8 Answers Oct 26, 2011 at 6:39 AM
    • airport to kololi beach resort

Kololi Jul 22, 2011 at 3:29 PM

hi,

what would be taxi fare from airport to kololi beach resort

regards

sam

4 Answers Oct 30, 2011 at 5:31 AM
    • Prices

Kololi Jul 10, 2011 at 8:41 AM

Hi we are planning to go to Koloili in Novemeber please can anyone tell us how much it costs for food, drinks etc.
      Thanks

3 Answers Oct 19, 2011 at 1:34 AM
    • hotel stay

Kololi Jan 25, 2010 at 11:22 AM

has anyone stayed at the bakadaji hotel in kololi? also. can you get pints of beer over there or is it bottled everywhere? we are going 13th march..

2 Answers Jan 26, 2010 at 5:43 AM
    • Panic - travel vaccinations

Kololi Feb 11, 2008 at 8:08 AM

just found out that i need yellow fewer jabs?. is there a great risk for staying at the kololi beach resort. they are 60 quids and was wondering i f i really need them

sam

4 Answers Feb 11, 2008 at 2:45 PM
    • mansea beach resort

Kololi Feb 15, 2007 at 2:48 PM

Hi i'm to the mansea in 2 weeks with my boyfriend and i was wondering if anyone could advise me what it is like? also i have told a white lie and told the other half that it is a 3 star not a 2 as he insisted on at least 3 stars but it saved us nearly £200 so i thought what the hell am i likely to be rumbled???? if anyone has any pic's i would much aphreciate it thanks

3 Answers Mar 4, 2009 at 7:35 AM
    • chrisa26's Profile Photo

1st time

Kololi Jan 6, 2007 at 3:00 AM

hi all..has anyone stayed at sarges hotel kololi beach...any good? we've been quoted £800 each for 3 weeks flights transport and hotel.we enjoy nice beach's in the day and lively bars and clubs at night.is this the best place to stay or any other ideas...also would 3 weeks be to long for are first time.. thanks chris&claire

3 Answers Jan 27, 2007 at 4:39 AM
    • taking items to help schools, orphanages, etc

Kololi Dec 17, 2006 at 12:50 PM

hi, we are going to kololi in feb, with first choice, and we have been collecting different items to take over for the schools, orphanages etc. we contacted first choice to see if we could be allowed a little extra weight allowance, just incase, but they said that it is not allowed unless it is done through a registered charity. can anyone help with any info on how we could even join a charity as we really would like to help out. we are planning to go to kenya later on in the year,and would like to take items with us also. any info would be grately appreciated, thanks. does anyone know of anywhere in kololi that would benefit of anything that we could take with us?

4 Answers Feb 17, 2010 at 12:57 PM
    • Holiday beach club hotel or Mansea??? Best things to do there?

Kololi Nov 10, 2006 at 10:19 AM

We're going to spend the new year at Kololi but not sure what holiday to choose between holiday beach and mansea. Mansea seems to be cheaper with H/B whereas the other is B/B only but...better maybe?
      Any suggestions?
      I've seen that the trip on the river is a must, what else?I found a post within interesting links for local foods.
      What to do for the night of the end of the year?
      What about the sockets and for rechargers etc?
      A plus if any locals will be able to let me know if there are shops for computers etc nearby and if the prices would be convenient compared to uk.
      Lastly...any website where I could find lots of pix of the area?
      Thanks!

1 Answer Dec 23, 2006 at 2:55 PM
    • taxi prices fron airport

Kololi Nov 4, 2006 at 11:10 AM

can anyone give me an idea of the price it would cost for a taxi from banjul airport to kololi beach. thanks

1 Answer Aug 21, 2007 at 8:52 AM
    • Mansea Beach Resort

Kololi Jul 17, 2006 at 1:15 PM

Hi Everyone.............GREAT Forum and some good Questions on here.

We're wanting to go to The Gambia for Christmas,and we're just wondering what the whole experience is like..............we're really into,"local foods" and are wanting to know what like the "local" food is like,ie. spicy,fresh,cost,authentic,best places to get it nearby,etc.
      We are going B/B to get the whole Gambian food experience,as we've been places before,and had to eat McDonalds,KFC,Burger King,etc(Urghhhhh,lol).

Also,has anyone been to said resort?And whats it like..........rooms,cleanliness,........the usual tourist questions,lol.We're not expecting the Hilton,Radisson,etc......but dont want to spend a fortnight in a hovel.
      Any Info on the resort,food,etc,would be great.
      Thanks for your time on this post
      DebnRob

4 Answers Nov 18, 2006 at 4:48 AM
    • does anyone know a good guide.

Kotu May 16, 2006 at 10:04 AM

hello. my girlfriend and i are off to the gambia on the 29th may for the first time.we have been trips to bali and india in the last couple of years and found it more fun and less hastle when we had a good guide/taxi driver with us. We wondered if anyone out there could kindley recommend anybody friendly and reliable to us in this area

2 Answers May 20, 2006 at 2:43 AM
    • Paul4Travel's Profile Photo

Kololi Beach - Kairaba Hotel

Kololi Nov 28, 2005 at 2:39 AM

Staying at the Kairaba Hotel Kololi Beach late Feb early March 2006. Would like to get out into the bush to see local people/life and hopefully wildlife. Can anyone advise the best way to do this avoiding the international travel company excursions? Safe, knowledgeable local guides would be ideal. Also, good local restaurants within walking distance of the hotel for an occasional change of scene.

Thanks,

P.

7 Answers Feb 19, 2006 at 10:52 AM
    • Hotel Rating

Kololi Oct 26, 2005 at 1:28 PM

I'm stopping at the Paradise Suites Hotel with my wife and two friends in january 2006. We would appreciate any information on the hotel and surrounding area including beaches as this is our first visit to Gambia.

1 Answer Oct 27, 2005 at 4:40 AM
    • nikkinikila01's Profile Photo

About the Hotel

Kololi Jan 31, 2005 at 6:09 AM

Hi i was wondering if anbody has stayed at the PALMA RIMA hotel in Kololi Beach and if they have and reviews or information on it as i am due to go on november for my 21st birthday also i was wandering what the night life is like around Kololi beach thankx nikki

2 Answers Jan 31, 2005 at 11:00 AM