Be the First to Answer

• Canoeing on lakes in park

Glacier National Park Jun 26, 2014 at 7:38 PM

Which lake has the best view for canoeing

more
    • Buckeyerunner34's Profile Photo

Driving/parking in glacier

Glacier National Park Jul 15, 2014 at 12:04 AM

My friend and I are backpacking through glacier September 18 - September 22. We will be exiting through sperry trailhead. My question is 1. Is there parking near sperry trailhead or somewhere close enough that we can hike there reasonably. 2. Since the free shuttles will be down by our dates are there other forms of transportation available to take us to either our car or hotel on going the sun road? Thank you.

more
    • Looking for contact info!

by KNFM Online Now Nov 14, 2013 at 1:42 PM

Wondering if anyone knows how to get a hold of the man that runs the small fur shop in the summer on canyon street? Apparently during the winter months he goes back to Idaho falls. Or even if anyone has contact information for Kim Dailey ( not positive on spelling )which is the property owner where the shop is. We visited west yellowstone last summer and my husband had his eye on something in his shop.....he never did buy it.....but what a great Christmas present it would be!! Any help anyone could give me would be super appreciated!! :)

7 Answers Nov 16, 2013 at 9:16 AM
    • roamer61's Profile Photo

Better than Jackson Hole?

by roamer61 Online Now Jun 23, 2013 at 4:54 AM

I am planning a trip for next year. Is West Yellowstone a better base than Jackson Hole?
      I can get a direct flight into Jackson but for WY, I have to first fly into a hub and then catch a flight.

15 Answers Jun 24, 2013 at 7:38 AM
    • Where to leave rental car while staying in the park in winter

by cewpitt Online Now Sep 26, 2010 at 1:00 AM

We are hiring a rental car from Bozeman Airport in January and driving to West Yellowstone. We have booked 3 nights at Old Faithful Snow Lodge, and as the road will be closed, are wondering where to leave the rental car till we get back to West Yellowstone. We will then be driving on to Big Sky. We have the Xanterra snowcoach booked to take us into the park.

2 Answers Sep 26, 2010 at 6:44 AM
    • Staying in West yellowstone

by fendleroc Online Now Nov 13, 2009 at 1:09 PM

Hello

As Yellowstone is already full for 2010, I plan to stay two days in W Yellowstone. How is the BW Desert Inn or is there a better option?

Thank you

7 Answers Feb 6, 2010 at 11:53 PM
    • Joematt's Profile Photo

Suggestion on Yellow Stone trip planning

by Joematt Online Now Feb 13, 2009 at 12:36 PM

I am planning to go to Yellow s-Stone from Los Angles with family on the first week of August. I will drive to Salt Lake and then to Montana (Grant) since it's the shortest route per some one. Do you agree with this?
      I don't know where to stay. Some people suggest stay in different parts few days.
      Also I want a place that has kitchen if possible and close to park. This way we can cook break fast and few dinners.

I can change the route if anyone suggests a better way. I don’t have a clue where to stay. I appreciate any suggestions and comments.

5 Answers Feb 25, 2010 at 6:14 PM
    • chipanpas's Profile Photo

West Yellowstone restaurants

by chipanpas Online Now Apr 27, 2005 at 9:57 AM

Hello !
      We're a french family on vacation in the USA.
      Would you please give us tips and advices on family friendly restaurants in West Yellowstone ?
      Thank you so much.
      Philippe

4 Answers Feb 7, 2010 at 12:05 AM
    • pine shadows motel

by melindasworld Online Now Feb 11, 2005 at 6:12 PM

We will be staying in a cabin at the pine shadow motel. Just wondering how good or how bad is it. We will be snowmobiling for 3 days. Last year we stayed at yellowstone lodge and it was great, but the people we're going with this year wanted a fireplace so I found this place. Hibernation station was too much for a last minute vacation. The man I spoke to at the pine shadows is very nice so I'm hoping it's ok. I just want to be prepared. Anyone know?