West Yellowstone Travel Answers

change location

Staying in West yellowstone

by fendleroc Online Now Nov 13, 2009 at 1:09 PM

Hello

As Yellowstone is already full for 2010, I plan to stay two days in W Yellowstone. How is the BW Desert Inn or is there a better option?

Thank you

Quote & Answer
7 Answers
  • travelgourmet's Profile Photo

Re: Staying in West yellowstone

by travelgourmet Online Now Nov 13, 2009 at 1:52 PM

My wife and I spent a few days at the Holiday Inn Sun Spree Resort. Fantastic and close to the west entrance of Yellowstone. Park Ranger Visitor Station is only one block away. See my hotel tip for West Yellowstone: West Yellowstone Hotel Tips by travelgourmet

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • grandmaR's Profile Photo

by grandmaR Online Now Nov 13, 2009 at 2:50 PM

I'm planning on staying at the CrossWInds in June - I could only get 2 days at the Old Faithful Inn, so I'm doing a day before and a day afterwards at the Crosswinds. I made the Old Faithful Inn reservations at the end of October - not too long ago. I couldn't get the internet reservation to 'take' so I had to phone them.

• pfsmalo's Profile Photo

by pfsmalo Online Now Nov 14, 2009 at 1:54 AM

Hi all,

I stayed at the Pony Express in September at 65$. for 1 night. Nothing out of the ordinary but only a couple of hundred metres from west gate.

A heads up for those also planning to visit Mammoth and Canyon from WY. At the moment until further notice the road between Madison and Norris is closed for work on a new bridge. This means that to visit on the east and north you have to go all the way round via Old Faithful and Lake. Worth checking on the Yellowstone site for when they think the road might open again.

• yvr's Profile Photo

by yvr Online Now Nov 14, 2009 at 6:54 AM

There are quite a few reviews of this BW on trip advisor, on a scale of 1/10 looks to be around a 4, you might read some of them, myself after reading them, I think I would look for something better.

• Dymphna1's Profile Photo

by Dymphna1 Online Now Nov 17, 2009 at 10:35 AM

The Holiday Inn in W. Yellowstone is very nice. They did a remodel about 3 years ago - so very new. They are kid friendly and breakfast is free.

Most of the hotels in W. Yellowstone are small road side type hotels, other than this one. But they are very inexpensive.

• Dymphna1's Profile Photo

by Dymphna1 Online Now Nov 17, 2009 at 10:36 AM

Oh and check out my travel log on Yellowstone for more ideas :)

• BrandonComstock's Profile Photo

by BrandonComstock Online Now Feb 6, 2010 at 11:53 PM

The places that get good reviews

Holiday Inn
    Kelly Inn
    Yellowstone Lodge

The places with an ok reviews

Gray Wolf
    Alpine Motel
    Poney Express
    Best Western
    Three Bear lodge

BEWARE!!! There are some real dumps in West Yellowstone, if you want to save, but still get a good room:

Rustic Wagon Wheel-cabins-furnished (Very nice, no ruffians allowed, may have to call a few times)
    Parade Rest Guest Ranch-cabins-furnished (9miles out, family fun, may have to call a few times/ranch)

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines