West Yellowstone Travel Answers

change location
chipanpas's Profile Photo

West Yellowstone restaurants

by chipanpas Online Now Apr 27, 2005 at 9:57 AM

Hello !
We're a french family on vacation in the USA.
Would you please give us tips and advices on family friendly restaurants in West Yellowstone ?
Thank you so much.
Philippe

Quote & Answer
4 Answers
  • Jeannette1's Profile Photo

RE: West Yellowstone restaurants

by Jeannette1 Online Now Apr 27, 2005 at 10:16 AM

Chip,
    If you type in "west yellowstone" in the search box at the top of the VT page, you will find a lot of information on Yellowstone. You can click on restaurants and see 2 reviews of restaurants in W. Yellowstone.
    I would say that the restaurants in Yellowstone are all very informal and family friendly.
    Have a good trip.
    Jeannette

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • chipanpas's Profile Photo

RE: RE: West Yellowstone restaurants

by chipanpas Online Now Apr 27, 2005 at 11:18 AM

Thank you Jeannette1

I meant something maybe more recent than 2004, and perhaps a little bit "off the beaten path".
    I saw your pages : We live near Paris, where we lived times ago : I agree with cheeses !!!!....I agree with trafic too !!!!!!!
    Thanks again - Merci.
    Philippe

• montanabob's Profile Photo

RE: West Yellowstone restaurants

by montanabob Online Now Jan 24, 2006 at 9:48 AM

I would check Big Sky or Ennis Montana for dining options. Big Sky is a ski area but has a lot of travelers during the summer so their resturant selection is quite good. Ennis is known for it's trout fishing but for a small ctown has a couple of very nice place. All will be family friendly. Virgina City, alittle further than Ennis, is a good place for a family - a little bit of the old west.
    Bob

• BrandonComstock's Profile Photo

Re: West Yellowstone restaurants

by BrandonComstock Online Now Feb 7, 2010 at 12:05 AM

Well howdy from West Yellowstone. If you want to "get off the beaten path" and try some traditional American foods, Parade Rest Guest Ranch is your best choice. You start at the ranch, 9 miles north of West Yellowstone on hwy287. You will have a cookout style dinner on the mountain, and to get there you take a 45min horseback ride up or a 20 min wagon ride, (same coming back.) There is great views, lush vegitation, friendly locals, live entertainment, and the meal is to die for. When they handed me plastic silverware with my steak I was a little concerned, but that steak came apart like butter!! It is a great Montana dinner, with a little herritage on the side. Feel free to email me at whatssnew@yahoo.com if you would like some more tips, I am starting an all Yellowstone page on my main here on VT. Im new, so it is far from grand. Good luck, and have fun!!

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines