West Virginia Travel Answers

change location


by jk5119 Online Now May 16, 2009 at 6:34 AM

I want to take a scenic route and bypass the turnpike from Princeton to Charlestom. Any suggestions?

Quote & Answer
1 Answer
  • mikelisaanna's Profile Photo

    Re: scenic

    by mikelisaanna Online Now May 17, 2009 at 8:27 AM

    How much time do you have? Our suggestion is to take the Turnpike from Princeton to Beckley, then get off on Route 19 to the new River Gorge. There is a visitor's center and observation deck on the north rim of the gorge, which gives you a good view fo the gorge and the bridge. Then, after the New River Gorge take Route 60 west to Charleston. While on Route 60, stop at Hawk's Nest State Park for another nice view of the New River Gorge. Feel free to visit our West Virginia pages for info and photos. Also visit our Charleston page for ideas of things to do in Charleston.

    Be the first to rate this answer!

    Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Popular West Virginia Travel Answer Locations