Travel Answers
West Palm Beach

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Any bus/train transportation I can take for a travel like this? urgent please help asap

by joebr1993 Online Now Apr 6, 2014 at 11:46 AM

Hi I'm trying to figure out a way to travel from West Palm Beach FL to Fort Pierce by some kind of bus/train transportation. I just want to know if anyone can help me out with finding an affordable way to travel this. Anything cheaper than Greyhound because honestly $24 each way is just too much when I have not much money on me. I need to get there to take a placement test for a College I plan on attending over there and it already costs me $10 to just take the test so you can see I'm spending a great deal of money that I don't really have to spend like that.

more
    • Any bus/train transportation I can take for a travel like this? urgent please help asap

by joebr1993 Online Now Apr 6, 2014 at 11:46 AM

Hi I'm trying to figure out a way to travel from West Palm Beach FL to Fort Pierce by some kind of bus/train transportation. I just want to know if anyone can help me out with finding an affordable way to travel this. Anything cheaper than Greyhound because honestly $24 each way is just too much when I have not much money on me. I need to get there to take a placement test for a College I plan on attending over there and it already costs me $10 to just take the test so you can see I'm spending a great deal of money that I don't really have to spend like that.

5 Answers Apr 15, 2014 at 12:26 PM
    • Horse back riding

by mistymeam Online Now Mar 18, 2014 at 8:56 AM

Is there anywhere to go horse back riding within an hour max driving distance from west palm beach?
      Along the beach would be spectacular, but is not absolutely necessary

2 Answers Mar 18, 2014 at 11:11 AM
    • 60's 70's classic rock

by tonywelu Online Now Dec 13, 2013 at 6:29 PM

Where's the best place to hear 60's, 70's, classic rock on Friday & Saturday nights?

1 Answer Dec 19, 2013 at 5:18 AM
    • paulinuk2u's Profile Photo

breakers hotel

by paulinuk2u Online Now Nov 11, 2013 at 7:32 AM

hi i would like any info on the breakers hotel as hope to go next year,do need a car while there? whats the prices like in the hotel etc thanks

6 Answers Nov 14, 2013 at 12:06 PM
    • new to the area, looking to make friends

by newtothesunshine Online Now Sep 21, 2013 at 5:53 AM

relocated two wks ago from Pittsburgh pa, 22yrs old, staying with fam friends in wpb & looking to make some new friends. any suggestions??

1 Answer Sep 21, 2013 at 11:41 AM
    • MeganG3's Profile Photo

travel time

by MeganG3 Online Now Sep 9, 2013 at 7:59 AM

How long will it take me to get from west palm beach to boca raton

2 Answers Sep 9, 2013 at 12:04 PM
    • cityplace downtown

by lilashley72 Online Now Jul 22, 2013 at 7:20 PM

hello. i live in west palmbeach and i would like to know if there is a bus or train that goes to city place/

1 Answer Jul 26, 2013 at 1:53 PM
    • paulinuk2u's Profile Photo

breakers hotel

by paulinuk2u Online Now Jan 1, 2013 at 1:20 PM

hi anyone have any tips/help on the breakers hotel i,m going on my own so its not cheap how to get room cheaper or any other help would be usefull thanks

1 Answer Jan 2, 2013 at 3:02 AM
    • Bus or train to Orlando

by lfc Online Now Jun 18, 2012 at 1:23 AM

Hi just wondering is there a bus or train from west palm beach to orlando
      Thanks

3 Answers Aug 18, 2013 at 3:14 AM
    • Moving?

by Rubia_1 Online Now Jul 21, 2011 at 8:45 AM

A relative may be moving to West Palm Beach. I'm just trying to find out more about the area in general. Please feel free to email me here at Virtual Tourist. Thanks!

2 Answers Jul 21, 2011 at 7:11 PM
    • bus service from MIA

by Fpease Online Now Mar 17, 2011 at 1:05 PM

Is there a convenient bus service from MIA to Delaray Beach and how long will it take to get from the airport to Delaray Beach.

1 Answer Mar 17, 2011 at 2:49 PM
    • Tri-Rail from Delray Beach to MIA

by PCakes Online Now Aug 16, 2010 at 7:02 AM

Has anyone done this from the Congress St station to MIA? Any ideas how long it takes and how reliable is it, was it a major hassle? Thanks for your responses!

2 Answers Aug 16, 2010 at 5:07 PM
    • DeniseGannon's Profile Photo

Hotel for Son's Birthday Present

by DeniseGannon Online Now Jul 16, 2010 at 10:55 PM

My 28 year old son and his girlfriend will be coming to West Palm Beach to see Dave Matthews at the end of July. I'm looking for a reasonable hotel in the downtown area by Clematis St. and City Place as I believe they are close to bars and restaurants. I believe my son and I were at Clematis street many years ago, and loved the atmosphere. I can't seem to figure out what hotels would be a good choice. Also, they will need transportation to and from their hotel and the Cruzan Ampitheater...any ideas? This is my b-day present to him, and I would love for it to be special...He lives in Orlando, and I live in Illinois! :(

• Memorial Day Weekend in WPB for a young couple

by Aigerim Online Now Apr 6, 2009 at 12:39 PM

My bf and I are thinking about booking a memorial day weekend in WPB. Originally we were thinking about South Beach, but we both have already been there, and almost all hotels are already booked. So, we decided to check out a new place. Neither of us have ever been to WPB and know nothing about it... We are both in mid 20's, looking for a nice and affordable getaway, where we can stay by the beach/pool during the day, have a nice dinner in the evening, and go out dancing at night.

Is WPB even a right place for us to look at? And if so, where would you recommend staying/dining/going out?

Any advice is highly appreciated!
      THANK YOU!

2 Answers Apr 6, 2009 at 4:33 PM
    • age wise choices

by edelmancsw Online Now May 1, 2008 at 2:50 PM

where do you go when you are female sucessful, attractive in shape, early 50's, but look late 30's for night life to socialize in palm beach??? I have found places to be way to young or ancient in age.

• restaurants

by robertfreeman Online Now Sep 11, 2007 at 1:32 PM

will be in WPB in Dec. looking for restaurant suggestions for seafood in particular good oyster houses. As well must see's in the area.

• Cheapest way to get from Orlando to West Palm Beach

by Malya77 Online Now Apr 12, 2007 at 8:58 PM

Hi! My boyfriend and I are coming from El Salvador to see Roger Water´s concert in West Palm Beach, but we´ll be staying in Orlando (Oviedo). We really need to know which is the cheapest way to get to West Palm Beach from Orlando (round trip). Thank you very much for your HELP.

2 Answers Apr 12, 2007 at 9:35 PM
    • Sound Advice Amphitheatre - Rush Concert

by EcoRI Online Now Apr 5, 2007 at 6:57 PM

I am heading down to West Palm Beach to see Rush at the Sound Advice Amphitheatre. Does anybody have any advice about which side of the stage is best and/or about where to stay the night?

1 Answer Apr 5, 2007 at 7:33 PM
    • cab fares

by beraha Online Now Mar 19, 2007 at 7:11 PM

My wife and I (both disabled seniors) would like the fare cost from the West Palm airport to Century Village, Boca Raton (509 Fanshaw ). Thank you.

2 Answers Aug 4, 2010 at 11:03 PM
    • Things to do for the weekend

by chanstein Online Now Mar 11, 2007 at 1:35 PM

Hello!

My boyfriend and I are planning a long weekend in West Palm Beach next weekend (March 16-19) and would love some tips from locals or people who have travelled there before. We are from NY and this is our first time there and we are really excited! We will be staying at the Brazilian House (we won that in a contest!) and hear that it's a great martini town!

We would love info on restaurants, bars, nice beaches, shops, and maybe a loungey place to dance to cool music. I also have one day alone on Monday where I could explore a new area too. We are in our mid 30s and would love places that cater to our age group.

Any info would be GREATLY appreciated.

Thanks!
      Sarah

4 Answers Mar 12, 2007 at 2:08 PM
    • Beaches and other things

by SFClarky Online Now Jan 14, 2007 at 8:49 AM

I'm staying in WPB for 8 nights in March. I've been there a couple of times, but can't find really nice beaches because it seems they're all private or at the back of hotels. I'm staying near the Clematis Street area. Is it possible to just walk through one of the fancy hotels and go on the beach?

Also, any good suggestions for really nice restaurants. There always seems to be just about 2 or 3 listed on the tourist web sites.

And finally, any ideas for good excursions (by car or not). How long would it take to drive to Key West?

Many thanks. I'm a new member and glad to have found this site.

1 Answer Jan 15, 2007 at 12:49 PM
    • Distance

by Trini1 Online Now Jan 2, 2007 at 2:36 AM

How far is West Palm Beach Airport from the Greyhound bus terminal? What mode of transport would I need to take to get to the airport from the bus depot? Do you have any idea of the cost?

1 Answer Jan 3, 2007 at 3:35 AM
    • Singer Island

by beach.glass Online Now Dec 29, 2006 at 8:58 AM

My husband is interested in purchasing a condo in Sugar Sands on Singer Island. I'm wondering is anyone is familar with the area and could advise as to the pluses and minuses- It's right over the bridge from Rivera Beach so I'm really concerned about the safety issues. I know that it is an over 55 place, but are the owners closer to 60 or 80? Also it's a pretty small development and I'm wondering as to the number of activities available there- art classes, excercise, bridge etc? Since it's across from the ocean are the taxes for new residents out of sight?

• shopping

by beach.glass Online Now Dec 29, 2006 at 8:44 AM

I've heard that there is a non-Chico's store selling Chico's clothing in the greater West Palm Beach area. Any idea of who & where it is?

• Moving to West Palm Beach

by PRODIGY27J Online Now Nov 23, 2005 at 10:23 AM

I am moving to West Palm Beach at the beginning of January 06. Does anybody know any good condos? Is the Presidential Golfview or anything on Congress Ave. OK? Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

1 Answer Nov 23, 2005 at 11:48 AM
    • Park and Fly

by Speechguy1 Online Now Oct 19, 2005 at 12:27 PM

Does anyone have a suggestion on a affordable hotel that will let you park your car and shuttle you to the West Palm airport? Need to leave a car for 2 1/2 weeks with a one night stay on each end. Thanks for any help you can give. Speechguy1

1 Answer Oct 24, 2005 at 11:57 AM
    • Moving to West Palm Beach

by ghinay Online Now Jul 15, 2005 at 8:15 PM

Hi,
      My husband and i are two recent PhD graduates moving for our first jobs to West Palm Beach. We have been having a very hard time choosing an apartment area, especially that we have to do it from Tallahassee! Every time i find something nice, affordable, and close to work, i look for reviews and i all i have been reading is about crackheads and guns!!! HELP!! The work location is on lake boulevard, but we have no problem living even 20 miles away, as long as we can sleep peacefully at night and can walk on the street without having to worry about getting robbed or not finding the car!! We do not have kids yet, but planning to start a family soon, so safety is number 1 issue for us! We would appreciate any advice about areas/complexes to live/not live in.
      Thank you
      Ghina

5 Answers Feb 8, 2009 at 5:45 AM
    • I'm moving to Palm beach...advice please!

by rachel12345 Online Now Jul 13, 2005 at 1:39 PM

Hey I'm moving to Palm Beach County when I fisinsh my degree here in Ireland. I'll be a qualified optometrist and hopefully get a 3 year visa.

I'm not familiar with the culture, weather etc of palm beach at all. I'd appreciate a few pointers from you that live there/have been. Tell me anything I'll appreciate all information but especially -
      Which part of palm beach county is the cheapest to live in?
      How often do hurricanes occur? (We have mild weather in Ireland so that is worrying me a bit)
      I'm a pentecostal Christian - does anyone know of any suitable churches and their web site so I can check it out?

Thanks in advance!

4 Answers Oct 11, 2012 at 11:45 PM
    • Looking for Pitbull friendly living

by chris14201 Online Now Jul 2, 2005 at 2:27 AM

Hello, I am moving from NY to West Palm Beach, FL with my girlfriend in 2 weeks for a new job. My girlfriend just returned home from Florida where she found an apartment in Wellington and has told me there was no place she could find that would allow my dog. She said the realtors laughed at her when she told them that I owned a pitbull mix. I have a wonderful pitbull/lab mix that wouldn't hurt a fly. The townhouse she found (and subsequently put a deposit on) has strict breed restrictions and refuse to consider letting my dog live there.

I am wondering if there is some kind of place where I can keep my dog and visit him on a daily basis until I am able to buy a home (around 1yr). I am willing to pay for a service such as this, but am unable to find anything of the kind.

Any suggestions on what I can do to keep my dog would be welcome. I do not want to have to give him to someone I do not know or do not trust. I have no candidates outside of this realm at this point :(

chris@simplelinker.com

4 Answers Jul 8, 2005 at 8:03 AM
    • Reydan's Profile Photo

From WPB to Orlando

by Reydan Online Now Jun 21, 2005 at 11:50 PM

How can I get from West Palm Beach to Orlando ( Disney ) ?
      I will spend a week in West Palm Beach this summer and I also want to visit Orlando in a one day trip. How can I get there without a car : by train or bus ?

3 Answers Jun 22, 2005 at 12:41 PM