change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• lawrenang's Profile Photo

4 stars hotel.

Balikpapan Apr 17, 2014 at 5:49 PM

Can anybody recommend a 4 starts hotel at Kuta near to eatery/shopping. I would be there for a short brake for 2 night on 5th May. Is there any special events for these 3 days?

more
    • MagicalSparkle's Profile Photo

Bus schedule from Banjarmasin going West.

Banjarmasin Apr 15, 2014 at 8:16 AM

Hello!
      Does anyone know what time buses go to Palangkaraya from Banjarmasin?
      Is the more than one?
      Thank you :)

more
    • MagicalSparkle's Profile Photo

Tanjung Puting National Park - Is anyone going this week?

Banjarmasin Apr 12, 2014 at 7:45 AM

Hey there!

I'd really like to go to Tanjung Puting national park this week. I'm currently in Banjarmasin and am looking for some other people to join up with to go on a tour! I'd like to go in a few days so, any time from 15th April 2014.

Please get in touch if you're interested!

Corine

more
    • beach bungalow/guesthouse Luwuk aerea

Indonesia Mar 31, 2014 at 1:35 PM

hello everybody!!

I am looking for a beach accomodation close to Luwuk Sulawesi.... any body has any ideas ??

Friendly
      Fred

more
    • awanbali's Profile Photo

cheap guest house

Makassar Apr 19, 2014 at 9:40 PM

cheap and nice guest house near losari beach and central city, info pls, thanks

more
    • awanbali's Profile Photo

night club

Makassar Apr 19, 2014 at 9:38 PM

nice and busy club in makasar, where is that

more
    • Semarang to Borobudur

Semarang Apr 18, 2014 at 1:26 AM

Can anyone recommend a transport company to hire a car and driver from to get from Semarang to Borobudur (and return!)?

more
    • n4nova's Profile Photo

Kintamani or Ulun Danu Temple?

Bali Mar 30, 2014 at 8:51 PM

I will be in Ubud for 2 days. I have a plan for Goa Gajah at first. Then, I was planning to go for Ulun Danu Temple for a whole day. After seeing images of Kintamani, I am a bit confused. KIntamni seems to be more beautiful. Can you guys please help me decide.
      Or may be you can help me to know how to cover both.

Also, please let me know whether there is any reliable travel agency you already know who can help me for this.

Thanks,

Srijani.

more
    • capelkay's Profile Photo

Kuta accomodation

Kuta Mar 30, 2014 at 7:40 PM

Troppo Zone Puri Rama Resort
      Can anyone comment on this accommodation?
      Looking for something budget value for money, good location and a balcony.
      am open to suggestions, just a bit over googling hotels - they all look the same after a while.
      thanks appreciate

more
    • massage and spa in Jakarta

Jakarta Mar 25, 2014 at 5:35 AM

Hi all -

Am going to be in Jakarta and am looking for an affordable/cheap place to get a good massage. Will be in South Jakarta but could travel a bit if it's worth it.

Any suggestions?

Cheers

more
    • zafilm's Profile Photo

How,where,when and what

Surabaya Apr 19, 2014 at 10:59 AM

Greetings..Me and family of 2 adults,2 teenagers,1child and 1 toddler,plans to have a few days trip to Mt Bromo & off to beautiful island of Bali. Any tips on transportation from Surabaya airport to/from Mount bromo.?. How long will the journey take?. Also any tips to take train,ferry or bus to Bali instead of flight? We want to enjoy a scenic & adventure tour of East Java.Im appreciative of any and all tips, feedback & suggestion. Thank you!...

more
    • Tailor in Tuban

Bali Apr 19, 2014 at 12:03 AM

Can anybody recommend a tailor near Dynasty in Tuban?

more
    • AntoniaF's Profile Photo

Public Swimming Pool in South Jakarta

Jakarta Apr 14, 2014 at 12:23 AM

I think I'm getting desperate in finding a swimming pool that suits my need near my place in Cipete

- the one in arcadia is always crowded on weekends and quite spooky on weekday nights (and the bathrooms are rundown)
      - the one in talavera used dark natural stone tiling but only provide 1 underwater lamp so it's almost like swimming blind
      - the one in oktroi is quite ok but finding a parking space is stressing me out
      - the one in citos is also parking-space challenged
      (okay...I know I'm starting to sound like Ms.Nitpicky hahaha)

Any other place you can recommend?
      I usually swim after office hours ( so after 6pm ) on weekdays
      Nothing fancy, just need decent changing rooms and easy parking.

more
    • Anyone going 21st April 30th

Bali Apr 12, 2014 at 3:26 PM

Hi going to Bali on these dates , was meant to be with my ex gf but she done me over. First time travelling and rather nervous ! Is anyone else in the same situation and want to meet up

more
    • Jogja Trans from the airport

Yogyakarta Apr 5, 2014 at 7:32 AM

Hi! I would like to know which bus should I take from the airport to JL Prawirotaman area? Is there more than 1 bus who leave from the airport?
      Thanks a lot!

more
    • Bars in Bogor

Bogor Mar 30, 2014 at 8:38 AM

Where can I find a good bar in bogor?

more
    • massage in Jakarta

Indonesia Mar 25, 2014 at 8:49 AM

Hi all -

Am going to be in Jakarta and am looking for an affordable/cheap place to get a good massage. Will be in South Jakarta but could travel a bit if it's worth it.

Any suggestions?

Cheers

more
    • zafilm's Profile Photo

Need info and tips

Tengger Caldera Apr 19, 2014 at 10:39 PM

Greetings..Me and family of 2 adults,2 teenagers,1child and 1 toddler,plans to have a few days trip to Mt Bromo & off to beautiful island of Bali. Any tips on transportation from Surabaya airport to/from Mount bromo.?. How long will the journey take?. Also any tips to take train,ferry or bus to Bali instead of flight? We want to enjoy a scenic & adventure tour of East Java.Im appreciative of any and all tips, feedback & suggestion. Thank you!...

more
    • matjung's Profile Photo

What choice do I have?

Bali Apr 12, 2014 at 3:07 AM

I am interested in a rafting tour in Bali.
      I am wondering what choice do I have?
      I was having a look at some websites.
      Now I am having the impression that 20 companies are doing the marketing for 2 or 3 tour operators.
      Preferably I would like to book at the tour company itself, and not a pricy website operated by an american company.

How many boats are rafting down at Ayun river every day?
      In the marketing it looks like only one in the morning and one in the afternoon.
      And that cannot be true.
      I guess there are plenty of them going down the river.

more
    • scottiesand's Profile Photo

Who will be in Bali in May!

Bali Apr 7, 2014 at 1:23 PM

Hi,

I am looking into a trip to go to Bali for a few weeks in May. I have been there before so I know of good places to go and am wondering if anyone will be going as well?!

Canadian boy, 27

more
    • Good Area to stay at Bali

Bali Mar 31, 2014 at 1:02 AM

Hello
      We are 7 families travelling to Bali in end of June, we have grown up kids hence we are confused on the area we should stay
      We love beaches with some night life
      Our preference wit=ll be pure vegetarian food, we are coming from India
      Please advice on the location

more
    • capelkay's Profile Photo

Ubud accomodation

Ubud Mar 30, 2014 at 7:44 PM

Looking for something budget value for money, good location and a balcony.
      am open to suggestions, just a bit over googling hotels - they all look the same after a while.

I know there is some quaint awesomely cheap accommodation but I find it very difficult to scroll through website accom and would prefer personal recommendation.
      we are 3 middle aged girls just looking to kick back for r & r drinks on our room balcony and a stroll to things to see and do.
      all advice will be greatly appreciated.

more
    • accommodation Labuan Bajo, Flores

Indonesia Mar 29, 2014 at 2:08 PM

Hi!
      Does anyone know a clean and cheap accommodation in Labuan Bajo? Around 150 000 roupies or less? I'm travelling on a budget so I just need something clean, safe and cheap. Is it safe to walk around Labuan Bajo during the evening? And does anyone know more or less the price for the Komodo Dragon trip during april? Any good cie to suggest?
      Thanks a lot!

more
    • how long should I stay in Jakarta and Bandung?

Bandung Apr 22, 2014 at 2:06 AM

I will be arriving to Jakarta on 8th May morning and flying from Bandung on 14th May morning to Surabaya

more
    • Yogyakarta at 6h20 AM, accommodation, bus, storage?

Yogyakarta Apr 4, 2014 at 5:08 PM

Hi,
      I will catch a flight from Lombok to Yogyakarta, but the only cheap fly (with Lion Air) arrive at 6h20 AM in Yogya. What can I do with my backpack (70 liter) until I can check in in my accommodation? I don’t have booking cause I want to see the room before taking it. Does anyone know a safe place where I can leave my backpack until I check in? Can I leave my backpack at the police station? Can I trust them? If so, is there a police station in town?
      Also, do you have a safe, clean and cheap accommodation to suggest? I’m on a budget and I saw rooms around 100 000-120 000 roupies, but there’s not much info about them on trip advisor.
      And last questions: which bus goes from the airport to town? And which street can I find most of the guesthouse, homestay or budget hotel?
      Thanks a lot!

more
    • TracyKT2014's Profile Photo

Convenience Stores

Lombok Mar 16, 2014 at 4:54 AM

Are there any convenience stores in Senggigi eg Circle K or Mini Mart?

4 Answers Mar 17, 2014 at 3:24 AM
    • Travelling around Lombok

Lombok Mar 10, 2014 at 7:13 PM

Hi I am travelling to Lombok in May. My difficulty is being a first timer there is so much I want to see. Is it worthwhile travelling around the island and staying in different accommodation, or just doing day trips and basing myself in senneggi? I would like to see the waterfalls, do a couple of surfing lessons, go to spas and the markets, and do a horse ride on the beach. Would it be worthwhile hiring a car and going around the island? Anyone done this and can give me tips to stay, places to see? I will also be going to the gilis for a few days- is gili t the most worthwhile?
      Thanks!

9 Answers Mar 17, 2014 at 10:50 PM
    • Lombok tours

Lombok Feb 14, 2014 at 11:59 AM

If you are on a cruise ship which docks in Harbour Take tender into Lombok Can you just hire taxi on the dock to take you around for a couple of hours without having to pay the formidable cruise ship prices for tours

5 Answers Mar 10, 2014 at 11:55 AM
    • redhafaikah's Profile Photo

Lombok with a 1 year old

Lombok Jan 26, 2014 at 9:27 AM

Hi there!
      I will be traveling to Lombok with my family of 2 adults, 2 x 60year olds and a 1yr old baby. Is there any activity you would suggest for people who are not too mobile? We will be spending 3 nights there so we hope to get at least 1 day of activity outside the resort in Senggigi. Tetebatu sounds very nice but would it be advisable with a 1yr old? We will be renting a car with driver and I reckon my parents would be able to walk for 30mins or so but unable to do steep treks. We like to experience local food and culture and would be great to see some nice scenery.

Any suggestions would be most welcome. :)

Thank you!

cheers,
      Red.

2 Answers Feb 2, 2014 at 3:08 AM
    • ham1d1's Profile Photo

Scuba diving and climbing Mt Rinjani

Lombok Jan 22, 2014 at 5:30 AM

My friend and I will be travelling to Lombok 11-14 April 2014. I plan to do scuba diving while my friend will climb the Mt Rinjani.
      Which part of Lombok would be the best to stay for the 1st night so that it will be easier for both of us to do our activities the next day?

3 Answers Mar 10, 2014 at 12:00 PM
    • Looking for Manta Ray

Lombok Jan 15, 2014 at 10:11 PM

Diving at Lombok Islands , is it probably to see manta ray? Thank you!

3 Answers Jan 25, 2014 at 5:48 PM
    • snorkeling

Lombok Jan 10, 2014 at 3:54 PM

which beach can we take snorkeling in lombok island

7 Answers Mar 16, 2014 at 3:05 PM
    • erinlouise's Profile Photo

Choosing an area and place to stay

Lombok Jan 9, 2014 at 4:49 PM

Hello, I'd like to stay in accommodation that is close to good body surfing and also shops/markets - within walking distance if possible! We are travelling with our 1 year old baby and would prefer not to be in cars as I understand that there are no baby seats in taxis/cars.
      Thanks for your assistance!

3 Answers Jan 15, 2014 at 8:03 PM
    • wsloh's Profile Photo

Any Big Mac index comparison?

Lombok Dec 2, 2013 at 6:37 AM

We know IDR is currently a low value currency, hence good time to visit Lombok. However, doesn't anyone here know some basic info on food cost index...

1) 1 can of Bintang Beer cost how much in IDR?
      2) A large pizza?
      3) a loaf of bread, 600g, ??
      4) 1litre tetrapak juice from the super market?

In order to get some ideas on what to expect in gems of cost?

1 Answer Dec 2, 2013 at 12:28 PM
    • travel tips over christmas

Lombok Nov 17, 2013 at 4:37 AM

Hi!
      Im going to Lombok over christmas and new years, plan to go south west (if you dont have any other suggestions). But I need some tips. Im going on a budget, so need cheap accommodation. Also how hard is it to find accommodation if you dont pre-book?
      Terima Kasih!

6 Answers Nov 20, 2013 at 7:26 PM
    • cheekin22's Profile Photo

Lombok Airport To Gili Trawangan

Lombok Oct 21, 2013 at 4:35 AM

Greetings,
      My friend and I will travel to Lombok in early of November.
      We will arrive by air in the noon time and wish to go directly to Gili Trawangan from the airport.
      Wish to check, Is there any public transportation go directly from the airport to the pier and then to Gili T?
      If so, How much does it cost?
      Do you think we have enough time to reach Gili T on our arrival day? (we will arrive around 12 noon)

Any tips would be very much appreciated :)
      Thanks.

6 Answers Nov 19, 2013 at 12:19 AM
    • accommodation for three young 50 yr olds

Lombok Oct 2, 2013 at 6:48 PM

Can someone recommend somewhere in Lombok to stay for 3 woman (50 yrs young lol) preferably with a separate sitting room. close to the action and lots of massages.

4 Answers Oct 30, 2013 at 2:14 AM
    • Leather goods

Lombok Sep 30, 2013 at 1:11 AM

Can you buy leather handbags in Lombok?

1 Answer Sep 30, 2013 at 1:58 AM
    • currency in Lombok villages

Lombok Sep 18, 2013 at 1:00 AM

Can you use Australian dollars to make purchases at the Lombok craft villages?

5 Answers Nov 19, 2013 at 12:19 AM
    • claudia87's Profile Photo

Transportation in Lombok

Lombok Aug 16, 2013 at 7:05 AM

I will visit Lombok in late September, and i'm looking forward to a driver/ guide to do a full day tour and the transfers from lembar harbour to the hotel, and from the hotel to the airport. But my agency is getting me a high price for that, about 400Us Dollars. My question is, it's easy to arrange in local any driver to do a full day tour? Is less expensive to take a blue bird taxi for the transfers? Very Thinkful.

10 Answers Sep 2, 2013 at 9:18 PM
    • cris2984's Profile Photo

lombok-flores

Lombok Jun 30, 2013 at 9:58 AM

Hello guys...I'm travelling to Indonesia this week...and I would like to have some tips in advance before go there.
      I want to go to Lombok, and after to Flores but i don`t want to flight and i rode in other webs already i can take a ferry and diferents buses but i hace to spend loke 2 days for arrive to Flores...is true???
      Somebody can tell me.
      How I can to do it? where I have to take the ferry or the bus. for arrive to Flores?? ...if anyone can help me please...thanks in advance :)

7 Answers Jul 13, 2013 at 4:00 AM
    • guesthouse in the shipbuilderes village

Bima May 26, 2013 at 3:03 AM

is there a possibility to stay in Wera. I want to visit the Desa Sangeang village where the bugis schooners are built and I want to stay there for some days.

5 Answers May 26, 2013 at 6:08 AM
    • marrioage laws

Lombok Mar 25, 2013 at 7:57 AM

i am forgiener i want to marry from indonesian girl , i want know what is the regulation and laws to get married

6 Answers Mar 25, 2013 at 5:42 PM
    • sarisavitri's Profile Photo

Trekking Rinjani on my own

Lombok Jan 29, 2013 at 8:48 PM

I will go to Lombok this April. Is it possible to treck with our self to Mt. Rinjani? and how many days for the minimum to spend for this trekking? please i need some information. Regards!

6 Answers Feb 9, 2013 at 7:16 PM
    • worksopian's Profile Photo

Gili Trawangan

Lombok Jul 19, 2012 at 11:00 AM

Im interested in visiting Gili Tranwanga in october .I need to know a bit more to make a decision on it.

Is it suitable for backpackers?

Is it expensive?

How much would you expect to pay for a beer in a bar?

Thanks

Ian

4 Answers May 29, 2013 at 10:57 AM
    • niyagi's Profile Photo

VIsit Komodo from Lombok

Lombok Jun 7, 2012 at 9:47 PM

Hello beautiful people!

We will be staring in Lombok for a week. But we hope to see some Komodo dragons in this periode. Does anyone have advice as to whether or not this is possible as a day or 2-day excursion?

Im not sure if this is realistic..

any tips or advice are welcome!
      wishing you a great day

4 Answers Jun 8, 2012 at 7:38 AM
    • travel distance to airport BIL

Lombok May 24, 2012 at 5:43 AM

Hi, I planned to stay two nights at Lombok in between Gili Air and the plain to Jakarta (back home).
      Since I didn't know about the new located airport I would stay somewhere around Senggigi. Easy and nearby travelling from the Gili's and to the airport (Mataram).
      Maybe it's better to find a new -even nicer place- to stay. How long is it travelling from the coast (near the gilis) to Kuta? In a decent way. Or should we still go for the Senggigi option. We are a family of 3 (daugther 13) and we like to have some relaxed last holiday days, and in a kind of luxury accomodation with a ver¥ nice beach and if possible a pool.
      Every suggestion is welcome thanks
      Patty

4 Answers Feb 3, 2013 at 6:37 PM

DAMRI services to connect Senggigi to the airport

Lombok May 7, 2012 at 8:20 AM

I will probably need to catch an early morning airport bus.

Are these reliable and on time?

What time do they go?

Wheres the pickup point in sengiggi

thanks for your help

Ian

1 Answer May 7, 2012 at 4:21 PM

Bangsal port

Lombok Apr 29, 2012 at 10:21 AM

I intend using Bangsal port to depart for the Gili Islands.

Is it as bad as they say or is it survivable if you are carefull.

Is the port easy to access from Mataram?

Thanks for your help

Ian

6 Answers May 2, 2012 at 5:15 PM
    • Poling's Profile Photo

Travel from Lombok to Bali (How?)

Lombok Jan 15, 2012 at 12:55 AM

Here are what I gathered:
      1. local ferry: cheap but takes 4-5 hours with possibility of overloading?
      2. fast ferry: takes 2 hours but cost USD65 from an agent
      3. flight: half an hour price around USD40

If what I gathered is correct, I am more keen on taking the flight. Here are some domestic flights:
      Lion air: Guess this one is the best but flight time doesn't fit my schedule
      Wings air: google it but keeps linking to Lion air website?
      TRANS NUSA AIR & BATAVIA: not sure if reliable?

Could VTers give me some recommendation/more information? Thanks.

6 Answers Feb 10, 2012 at 5:36 AM
    • Dive shops Gili Air?

Lombok Jun 16, 2011 at 9:20 PM

Hello all there,

I was wondering if there are trustable dive centres on Gili Air? I heard the diving around the Gilis is fantastic and you will see for sure turtles. My friend advised me to dive with Oceans 5 Dive on Gili Air.. Are there other dive shops? Are there price differences between the dive shops? and how much is it to get your PADI?

Cheers,

vanessa.

1 Answer Jun 16, 2011 at 10:15 PM
    • fisherja's Profile Photo

Slice of Paradise

Lombok Nov 1, 2010 at 3:22 AM

Hi all,

I am travelling to Lombok for a week and then bali for a second for my honeymoon next year - We are looking to get the picture perfect week on the beach and it would seem that the Gili Islands are some of the most beautiful on Lombok - We are particularly attracted to Gili Meno as it seems a lot quieter that the others.

Can anyone advise - Is this the most beautiful beaches in Lombok/Bali/Indonesia and do they live up to teh pictures you see online?

I want a week of white sand azure blue sea and relaxation - Is Gili Meno the place for me?

Any help will be greatly appreciated

4 Answers Jan 19, 2011 at 10:05 AM
    • fisherja's Profile Photo

Bali Vs Lombok

Lombok Oct 20, 2010 at 6:30 AM

Hi there all,

Thanks to some great advice from members on this forum I have decided on heading to Indonesia for 3 weeks next August for my Honeymoon. I am looking for an idea of where to go what to see etc - I know there are lots of guide books but I always prefer advice from people who have actually experienced what they are talking about.

Most important - what Island ....... there are only 17500 to choose from

although I have seemed to narrow it down between Bali and Lombock

So basically what we want to do when we get there is

Spend a week in a beautiful tranquil beach location where we can relax but also perhaps take some surfing lessons or wind surfing etc scuba dive etc and of course some privacy.

Then after 2 weeks having a tradtional back packing holiday - temples, enjoying the bali culture, food, trekking and perhaps Island hopping, perhaps visit a neighbouring island or staying in a couple of different places.

Although its a honeymoon we both prefer holidays where we can see and do as much as possible so although were want a week of relaxation, we really want to have as diverse and varied experience of Indonesia as possible.

All suggestions and advice will be greatly recieved. (the wilder the better) :)

5 Answers Oct 7, 2011 at 2:17 AM
    • Gili islands

Lombok Aug 30, 2010 at 11:06 PM

Hi, im planning on going to one or 2 of the gili's at the end of my month long holiday in indonesia. can anyone recommend the best island/s to stay, having only 3 nights. we will be 2 19-20 year old girls but arent particularly interested in the party scene. also any advice on the good accommodation at the islands would be helpful. thank you :)

4 Answers Sep 1, 2010 at 2:09 PM
    • knerik's Profile Photo

way from Lombok to Komodo

Lombok Jul 13, 2010 at 3:21 PM

Hello,Dears,
      I'm travelling from Jogyakarta in July,want to visit Komodo island,but really can't get the way..I don't want to be trapped by the high prices of transportation.As I decided,I come to Mataram from Surabaya..then ..?budget hotel on WHICH beach?..then ferry..but from where? I mean may be I need to choose any other places,where from there is better way to Komodo?
      ps:I go from Jogja,not from Bali
      Thank You

15 Answers Aug 4, 2010 at 9:19 PM