West Nusa Tenggara Province

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• jungle/trekking

Pulau Batam 7 hours ago

is there a jungle or trekking trail in batam? if there is what is the name?

• Internet connection/isp

Pati Nov 21, 2015 at 8:20 PM

Hi,can I get some guide/infos,how to get internet connection at pati-sinoman?I've been trying to get some data sim cards to connect to my laptop to get a internet connetion.Failed to get connection to laptop even with some settings,unable to register.Able to get mobile data connection but not for my laptop.And also which type of antenna can be recommended for my Samsung 55"hdtv?Tried normal antenna for my 32" Samsung tv.Picture not clear.What are the connections/connecters required for my tv?Please help/guide me to solve this issues.THANK YOU.

• tikus tample

Trowulan Nov 16, 2015 at 7:30 PM

what do you think about all of this temple?

• is sharia law practiced in south sulawesi

South Sulawesi Province Nov 3, 2015 at 12:46 PM

is sharia law practiced in south sulawesi

• Flores, Indonesia Overland Travel Route advice

Indonesia Nov 17, 2015 at 2:10 AM

Seek for advice from anyonen who explored Flores before or who are familiar with Flores.

I plan to explore Flores after a LOB Komodo dive trip, the boat will drop me in Labuan Bajo around noon, one of my friend will join me for the extend stay. We have roughly 7 days 6 Night (but the day 7 leaving Flores - Maumere / Ende around 7-8am) for a connection flight at 1pm in Bali back to our home.

My plan for the overland route is something look like this On 25 April 2016: Depart Labuan Bajo to Dintor / Denge (either Wae Rebo Lodge/ Denge - Wae Rebo lodge look nice as staying near the paddy field and beach side which can spend some visit?). Depart from Labuan Bajo around / 1pm-2pm, Then arrive the homestay overnight

On 26 April 2016: Go to Wae Rebo trek, stay overnight at the village on top of the hill or come back to the Dintor/Denge on the same day evening for another night at the bottom.

On 27April 2016: Go to Bajawa, maybe some hotel / homestay nearby Mt Inerie

On 28 April 2016: Plan A: Sightseeing around Bajawa n Surrounding Mt Inerie, then travel to Moni/Kelimutu area Plan B: Trek up Mt Inerie, then sightseeing Bajawa, another night at Bajawa.

On 29 April 2016: Plan A: Visit Kelimutu then go to Maumeeree or Edne Plan B: Bajawa to Moni/ Kelimutu area, explore around

On 30 April 2016: Plan A: Explore Maumeree. Or Explore Plan B: Visit Kelimutu then go to Maumeree or Edne

On 1 May 2016: Fly back from Maumeree / Edne to Bali (morning flight7am) then to Malaysia (afternoon flight1pm)

-Ideal plan is to cover Wae Rebo, Mt Inerie, Kelimutu, and a little bit on Maumere/ Ende, as not so sure the exact duration that will be taken from one point to another, really appreaciate some advise so we could see if our plan route is feasible or not, or we need to either drop Wae Rebo (e.g Labuan Bajo to Ruten then Bajawa- Kelimutu- Maumere/Ende) or Mt Inerie/ Maumere/Ende (Plan A or Plan B)

-How long is the journey from Labuan Bajo to Dintor / Denge? -Is it easy to get a Taxi or Private Car at Labuan Bajo? Believe by the time we reached either Dintor / Denge it is late night already. -Any one stay in Wae Rebo Lodge before? How far is the Wae Rebo Lodge to Denge travel information hut? and do you know if they will arrange the Wae Rebo trip (as we may need transport to go) or it is recommended to directly stay in Denge to skip the transport issue. - Is it possible to do day trip up and down on the same day for Wae Rebo? (Guess, If stay overnight then we will be back on next day afternoon to continue the journey to Bajawa)

-How far from Denge / Dintor to Bajawa? Easy to get transport from there who willing to bring us Bajawa? if we depart around 12pm/1pm, possible to reach at night to any hotel nearby Mt Inerie or have to stopover one night at Ruteng? Guess the spider web paddy field is on the way.

-Heard there is one call Manulalu Villa is nice in Bajawa, anyone stay there before? is it close by to the visiting places like traditional village, hot srping and Mt Inerie? or is it recommend to be at the town? How far is the Bajawa town to the visitor places?

-For Plan B seem there is no time to explore either Maumeree / Edne as i guess we will arrive either of those town late afternoon or evening. If Mt Inerie is a difficult trek, and if there are other simple route that we could still see the nice banjaran of the mountain without hiking it up, we could drop the idea of Plan B, is Plan A enough for one traditional village nearby Mt Inerie and a simple trek (not hike up) around the Mt Inerie? There are many traditional village at Bajawa, which one worth the visit with our limited time?

-How far from Bajawa to Edne/Moni/ Kelimutu area? Is it recommended to stay Edne on the day before Mt Kelimutu trek? or Eco Lodge at Kelimutu a better option?

-After Kelimutu visit, thinking the two nearest airport is Maumeree or Edne, which of it worth more to explore? As we only have half day or some time if so happen those nice places are located on the way during the journey to stopbyl (if we are with Plan B)/ one day (if we are with Plan A), so far only know Sikka village with a nice Portogues Church at Maumeree and also a floating village wuring, not so sure about Edne.

-welcome for any good homestay/ hotel/ guesthouse recommendation, also for any good driver, we are ok with limited or just simple English speaking as we are from Malaysia, able to speak a little Bahasa Indonesia.

Thaks for all advices in advance

• Christmas in Bali

Bali Yesterday

Hi there. I am travelling alone in Bali over Christmas. I haven't yet booked any accommodation or decided where to go/where to stay - can anyone recommend somewhere?

As I'm travelling alone I'd like to stay somewhere sociable. Although I'm travelling alone, actually being alone on Christmas day sounds pretty ***.

• traveling and need an answer

South Sulawesi Province Nov 3, 2015 at 12:49 PM

is sharia law practed in south sulawesi

• Gyppo's Profile Photo

48 hours in Jakarta

Jakarta Nov 11, 2015 at 7:19 AM

Dear Jakrta VTers,

I have a few questions I hope you can help me with.

My girlfriend is going to Jakarta for a business trip in a couple of weeks and will stay in a swanky hotel in Jakarta Selatan. I might tag along with her, but she's going to be very busy with work so I'm likely to have to fend for myself. I'd like to ask for suggestions for a rough itinerary for 48 hours in Jakarta. I've seen a tip for the free city tour bus and might do that, but I am keen to know about other things I should do.

I don't really like taking taxis if there is an alternative, but I gather the Jakarta public transportation isn't brilliant - is that right? I don't take motorbike taxis as a rule as I had a bad crash a few years back.

I have basic Bahasa Melayu, and usually manage to get by as a tourist in Malaysia. Will that be OK in Jakarta?

Finally, if anyone has any tips about vegetarian restaurants I should eat at, I'd be grateful to hear them.

Thanks in advance!

• isa-baerchen's Profile Photo

Transport Gili Air to Kuta Lombok

Lombok Oct 18, 2015 at 11:09 PM

Dear fellow travelers,

We're currently on Gili Air and want to go to Kuta Lombok afterwards. Can anyone recommend a a cheap transport to get there.

We were thinking about taking the ferry to Bangsal and then probably a cab. Does anyone know the proper rates for the ferry and the cab?

Thanks in advance!

5 Answers Oct 21, 2015 at 5:21 PM
    • On a budget

Lombok Sep 15, 2015 at 6:59 PM

I'll be going on a holiday by the end of October for 3 days.
      Any advice on how to travel around? Which is better, by renting a car or just take a taxi?
      Whats the budget for all (excluding hotel & flight)?

5 Answers Oct 5, 2015 at 3:34 AM
    • MariaP65's Profile Photo

day trip to Gili's or.....

Lombok Jul 23, 2015 at 11:06 AM

wondering if day trips are enough to experience the Gili islands or should be spend a few nights and on what island? Gili T?
      the plan is the spend 3 nights Bali, 6 nights Lombok, 3 nights Gili T.... and can we leave from Gili T to DPS in one trip? flight leaves at 4pm international ... or should we get an airport hotel for the night before??
      Thanks alot

6 Answers Jul 25, 2015 at 1:02 AM
    • SeetaKaur's Profile Photo

Big Luggage Problem from Bali to Gili

Lombok May 31, 2015 at 9:40 AM

Is there anyone can offer solution where to store luggage?

We are leaving from ubud, then planning to stay at gili air for 2 days then lombok for another 3 days then go back to our next destination at bali in seminyak area.

Problem here, we have two large luggages which i am not sure if its gonna be great idea to carry it with the jetty to gili air ( We still can't find hotel we love to stay here, most of we preferred already fully booked). Travel with it to lombok and back to bali again

I am thinking of few options, leaving it at our ubud resort ( Still waiting for their confirmation if they are willing to do this to hold our luggages for 5 days ).

So we would love to hear your experiences here, what would be solution that makes more sense :)

And thank you very much in advance

2 Answers Jun 1, 2015 at 3:55 AM
    • IS Lombok safe for foreigners

Lombok Mar 26, 2015 at 3:38 AM

There has been a rapid spread of the paramilitary criminal organization throughout Lombok in the past 2 years. These criminals are armed and dangerous, they wear full military uniforms and often use this to intimidate their victims althought they arealso not afraid to use their weapons including bush knives and pistols. This is a extremist paramilitary criminal organization run mainly by people from Bima (Sumbawa) , a well known breeding ground for Islamic extremists. IS LOMBOK SAFE FOR FOREIGN TOURISTS?

11 Answers May 5, 2015 at 6:13 AM
    • Skaistele's Profile Photo

where to stay in Gili islands ?

Gili Meno Feb 17, 2015 at 12:24 PM

Hello, friends, We are going to visit Gilis ( maybe Meno and one more,which ?)  at 2015.03.17- 03.22. I saw, there are only breakfest included . Is there any shop to buy some food ? And where is the best unexpesive places to stay ?

Best regards from cold Lithuania,

P.S , we are 50+ ;)

2 Answers Mar 18, 2015 at 6:57 AM
    • dragontml's Profile Photo

Lombok Oct 29, 2014 at 11:12 PM

Hi travelers, we will be traveling to Lombok first time in May 2015 and would like to know best area for us to stay. Ease to move around to beach / street food / restaurants.
      We have four nights and thinking of splitting the say in two different locations.

Thanks !

7 Answers May 5, 2015 at 1:19 PM
    • Booking flights with Lion Air

Lombok Oct 5, 2014 at 11:52 AM

Hi, I am wanting to book flights with Lion Air in busy season (January) and their website doesn't allow overseas credit cards. Can someone please tell me how I can go about booking as I don't want to miss out on seats? Thanks

3 Answers Oct 18, 2015 at 11:04 PM
    • bus to bima

Sumbawa Besar Jul 27, 2014 at 6:04 AM

Is there anybody who knows if there is a bus tomorrow morning from sumbawa besar to bima and in case at what time? Due to ramadan end everything seems closed but it is impossible get an answer. Thanks franco

1 Answer Jul 27, 2014 at 8:52 PM
    • TracyKT2014's Profile Photo

Convenience Stores

Lombok Mar 16, 2014 at 4:54 AM

Are there any convenience stores in Senggigi eg Circle K or Mini Mart?

4 Answers Mar 17, 2014 at 3:24 AM
    • Travelling around Lombok

Lombok Mar 10, 2014 at 7:13 PM

Hi I am travelling to Lombok in May. My difficulty is being a first timer there is so much I want to see. Is it worthwhile travelling around the island and staying in different accommodation, or just doing day trips and basing myself in senneggi? I would like to see the waterfalls, do a couple of surfing lessons, go to spas and the markets, and do a horse ride on the beach. Would it be worthwhile hiring a car and going around the island? Anyone done this and can give me tips to stay, places to see? I will also be going to the gilis for a few days- is gili t the most worthwhile?

9 Answers Mar 17, 2014 at 10:50 PM
    • Lombok tours

Lombok Feb 14, 2014 at 11:59 AM

If you are on a cruise ship which docks in Harbour Take tender into Lombok Can you just hire taxi on the dock to take you around for a couple of hours without having to pay the formidable cruise ship prices for tours

5 Answers Mar 10, 2014 at 11:55 AM
    • redhafaikah's Profile Photo

Lombok with a 1 year old

Lombok Jan 26, 2014 at 9:27 AM

Hi there!
      I will be traveling to Lombok with my family of 2 adults, 2 x 60year olds and a 1yr old baby. Is there any activity you would suggest for people who are not too mobile? We will be spending 3 nights there so we hope to get at least 1 day of activity outside the resort in Senggigi. Tetebatu sounds very nice but would it be advisable with a 1yr old? We will be renting a car with driver and I reckon my parents would be able to walk for 30mins or so but unable to do steep treks. We like to experience local food and culture and would be great to see some nice scenery.

Any suggestions would be most welcome. :)

Thank you!

2 Answers May 5, 2015 at 6:13 AM
    • ham1d1's Profile Photo

Scuba diving and climbing Mt Rinjani

Lombok Jan 22, 2014 at 5:30 AM

My friend and I will be travelling to Lombok 11-14 April 2014. I plan to do scuba diving while my friend will climb the Mt Rinjani.
      Which part of Lombok would be the best to stay for the 1st night so that it will be easier for both of us to do our activities the next day?

3 Answers Mar 10, 2014 at 12:00 PM
    • Looking for Manta Ray

Lombok Jan 15, 2014 at 10:11 PM

Diving at Lombok Islands , is it probably to see manta ray? Thank you!

3 Answers Jan 25, 2014 at 5:48 PM
    • snorkeling

Lombok Jan 10, 2014 at 3:54 PM

which beach can we take snorkeling in lombok island

7 Answers Mar 16, 2014 at 3:05 PM
    • erinlouise's Profile Photo

Choosing an area and place to stay

Lombok Jan 9, 2014 at 4:49 PM

Hello, I'd like to stay in accommodation that is close to good body surfing and also shops/markets - within walking distance if possible! We are travelling with our 1 year old baby and would prefer not to be in cars as I understand that there are no baby seats in taxis/cars.
      Thanks for your assistance!

3 Answers Jan 15, 2014 at 8:03 PM
    • wsloh's Profile Photo

Any Big Mac index comparison?

Lombok Dec 2, 2013 at 6:37 AM

We know IDR is currently a low value currency, hence good time to visit Lombok. However, doesn't anyone here know some basic info on food cost index...

1) 1 can of Bintang Beer cost how much in IDR?
      2) A large pizza?
      3) a loaf of bread, 600g, ??
      4) 1litre tetrapak juice from the super market?

In order to get some ideas on what to expect in gems of cost?

1 Answer Jan 10, 2015 at 5:15 AM
    • travel tips over christmas

Lombok Nov 17, 2013 at 4:37 AM

Im going to Lombok over christmas and new years, plan to go south west (if you dont have any other suggestions). But I need some tips. Im going on a budget, so need cheap accommodation. Also how hard is it to find accommodation if you dont pre-book?
      Terima Kasih!

6 Answers Nov 20, 2013 at 7:26 PM
    • cheekin22's Profile Photo

Lombok Airport To Gili Trawangan

Lombok Oct 21, 2013 at 4:35 AM

My friend and I will travel to Lombok in early of November.
      We will arrive by air in the noon time and wish to go directly to Gili Trawangan from the airport.
      Wish to check, Is there any public transportation go directly from the airport to the pier and then to Gili T?
      If so, How much does it cost?
      Do you think we have enough time to reach Gili T on our arrival day? (we will arrive around 12 noon)

Any tips would be very much appreciated :)

6 Answers May 5, 2015 at 6:13 AM
    • accommodation for three young 50 yr olds

Lombok Oct 2, 2013 at 6:48 PM

Can someone recommend somewhere in Lombok to stay for 3 woman (50 yrs young lol) preferably with a separate sitting room. close to the action and lots of massages.

4 Answers May 5, 2015 at 6:13 AM
    • Leather goods

Lombok Sep 30, 2013 at 1:11 AM

Can you buy leather handbags in Lombok?

1 Answer Sep 30, 2013 at 1:58 AM
    • currency in Lombok villages

Lombok Sep 18, 2013 at 1:00 AM

Can you use Australian dollars to make purchases at the Lombok craft villages?

5 Answers Nov 19, 2013 at 12:19 AM
    • claudia87's Profile Photo

Transportation in Lombok

Lombok Aug 16, 2013 at 7:05 AM

I will visit Lombok in late September, and i'm looking forward to a driver/ guide to do a full day tour and the transfers from lembar harbour to the hotel, and from the hotel to the airport. But my agency is getting me a high price for that, about 400Us Dollars. My question is, it's easy to arrange in local any driver to do a full day tour? Is less expensive to take a blue bird taxi for the transfers? Very Thinkful.

9 Answers Jul 14, 2015 at 4:14 AM
    • cris2984's Profile Photo

Lombok Jun 30, 2013 at 9:58 AM

Hello guys...I'm travelling to Indonesia this week...and I would like to have some tips in advance before go there.
      I want to go to Lombok, and after to Flores but i don`t want to flight and i rode in other webs already i can take a ferry and diferents buses but i hace to spend loke 2 days for arrive to true???
      Somebody can tell me.
      How I can to do it? where I have to take the ferry or the bus. for arrive to Flores?? ...if anyone can help me please...thanks in advance :)

7 Answers May 5, 2015 at 6:13 AM
    • guesthouse in the shipbuilderes village

Bima May 26, 2013 at 3:03 AM

is there a possibility to stay in Wera. I want to visit the Desa Sangeang village where the bugis schooners are built and I want to stay there for some days.

5 Answers May 26, 2013 at 6:08 AM
    • marrioage laws

Lombok Mar 25, 2013 at 7:57 AM

i am forgiener i want to marry from indonesian girl , i want know what is the regulation and laws to get married

6 Answers Mar 25, 2013 at 5:42 PM
    • sarisavitri's Profile Photo

Trekking Rinjani on my own

Lombok Jan 29, 2013 at 8:48 PM

I will go to Lombok this April. Is it possible to treck with our self to Mt. Rinjani? and how many days for the minimum to spend for this trekking? please i need some information. Regards!

7 Answers Nov 17, 2015 at 12:42 AM
    • worksopian's Profile Photo

Gili Trawangan

Lombok Jul 19, 2012 at 11:00 AM

Im interested in visiting Gili Tranwanga in october .I need to know a bit more to make a decision on it.

Is it suitable for backpackers?

Is it expensive?

How much would you expect to pay for a beer in a bar?

4 Answers May 29, 2013 at 10:57 AM
    • niyagi's Profile Photo

VIsit Komodo from Lombok

Lombok Jun 7, 2012 at 9:47 PM

Hello beautiful people!

We will be staring in Lombok for a week. But we hope to see some Komodo dragons in this periode. Does anyone have advice as to whether or not this is possible as a day or 2-day excursion?

Im not sure if this is realistic..

any tips or advice are welcome!
      wishing you a great day

4 Answers Jun 8, 2012 at 7:38 AM