change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• wus's Profile Photo

small hike in Banjar?

Bali Jun 30, 2015 at 9:05 AM

Is it possible to walk cross country from Air Panas hot springs to Brahma Vihara Arama buddhist monastery, and vice versa? Or are there any deep river beds or canyons inbetween that would prohibit this? Or fences?

more
    • Baggade drop room in Jakarta Airport

Jakarta Jul 1, 2015 at 7:27 PM

I wanna leave my baggage at a baggage room inside the Jakarta Airport.
      Is there a baggage drop room ? And if so , where is it ?

Chao.

more
    • TarekG's Profile Photo

Malang to Bali ASAP

Indonesia Jun 28, 2015 at 8:23 AM

Hello , i want to travel from Malang to Bali , i found one direct flight only on wing air , but they allow only 10 KG bag , i want to know if i can buy an extra bag with me if anybody knows about that ?

If not , does anyone know if there are lockers for luggage in malang airport ?

Looking forward to hearing from you as soon as possible.

Thank you so much :)

more
    • michelpm's Profile Photo

coming to Komodo w a Cruise ship

Komodo Jun 22, 2015 at 6:36 PM

coming to Komodo w a Cruise ship we would like to know how we can disembark and get a Ranger to make a tour w/o beaches. We live in the Philippines and diving is enough here!

more
    • Local guides

Gorontalo Jun 19, 2015 at 2:36 AM

Are there locale guides in Gorontalo?

more
    • Where is best Ubud yoga

Ubud Jun 16, 2015 at 9:41 AM

What is the best place to do yoga in Ubud?

more
    • Two weeks in Bali 11 - 25 July, single traveller.

Bali Yesterday

Hello all - I hope you can help me.

I've recently retired (with my wife still working) and she's given me the OK to head off to Bali and take advantage of a bargain airfare (only just booked today) and to escape the chill of the Melbourne winter (were both heading the Thailand and UK in September so she's not missing out).

I would love it if someone could give some ideas on where to go, how to get there and where stay over the two week period. I'm quite happy to stay in a quite few places, or use just a couple as a base to explore.

We've been to Bali a couple of times for "vegging out" type holidays and stayed in Tanjung Benoa & Sanur - so you'll gather that we're not really into the party / bar scene of Kuta and similar places.

I'm treating this as a bit of an adventure to do things fairly simply and relatively cheaply (i.e. I'm not bothered about 4 star hotels) and am quite happy to try out homestays / Airbnb type accommodation. The only real criteria being quiet, clean & comfortable with food provided or nearby.

I arrive fairly late on Saturday evening so though I might spend a couple of nights in Sanure as it is fairly close to the airport and I know the area.

Thanks for any help - although I accept it is on short notice.

more
    • marquin59's Profile Photo

Help with 3 month rental :-)

Ubud Jun 30, 2015 at 8:10 PM

Hallo I am looking for 3 month rental. For the months of June/July/August (I know  !!! Its the "busiest" time in Ubud.) But does anyone know of a hidden gem out there, maybe out Payogan way ? Thanks in advance for replies :-)

more
    • AmrD's Profile Photo

Hotels in Bali

Bali Jun 14, 2015 at 10:03 PM

Hi all
      I'm in desperate need for your recommendation for hotels in bali. I want to bock in hotel with *** bu not very expensive up to 80$ pe night

more
    • wus's Profile Photo

Nice beaches on Java?

Java Jun 25, 2015 at 2:04 PM

Are there any nice beaches on Java? With "nice" I mean gently sloping, with fine sand and a couple of restaurants and guest houses in a coconut palm grove behind the beach. Something like panoramio.com/photo_explorer... (Palolem / Goa) or panoramio.com/photo_explorer... (Mirissa / Sri Lanka)

more
    • SIM card purchase in Jakarta

Jakarta Jun 17, 2015 at 11:00 PM

I wanna purchase a SIM card for my mobile phone somewhere in Jakarta. I will make a short stopover in Jakarta - about 6 hours. So, I can afford to spend 3 hours for this purpose - start from the Jakarta airport, maybe by taxi, and buy it , and then come back.
      Which place is convenient to buy a SIM card under this condition ?

Chao,

more
    • Lynvee's Profile Photo

Somebody who wants to explore Bali?

Bali Jun 28, 2015 at 1:04 AM

Hello, I will be in Ubod, Bali on 24 to 26th of August. I am wondering if there is somebody who is interested exploring Bali with me?

Lynvee

more
    • AmrD's Profile Photo

Bali or Lombok??

Indonesia Jun 13, 2015 at 12:32 AM

Hi all,
      I plan to go Indonesia and spend 5 day in an island in Indonesia, I'm confused betweeen bali and lombok.
      Can you help me and tell me what is the activities in each island, and your own preferance.
      Thakns in advance

more

Popular West Kalimantan Province Travel Answer Locations

• Singkawang to East Malaysia (Sarawak)

Pontianak Jan 12, 2015 at 7:28 AM

Hi, Im a Singaporean living in Singkawang Indonesia. I have a few questions and hope someone can help me out:
      1)Is there a direct air con comfortable bus from Singkawang to Sarawak? How many hour and how much? If is a car, how much does it cost?
      2)Im holding a Singapore passport and I have 30 days visa upon arrival for Malaysia and Indonesia. I will like to stay in Singkawang for 6 months, is it possible for me to do a visa run every month from Singkawang to Sarawak to extend by visa month by month
      3) How long does it takes for me to Pontianak from Singkawang? Anyone know if there is a visa center there?

Thanks for all your help

1 Answer Jan 20, 2015 at 4:35 AM
    • megpan's Profile Photo

Road Trip

Bengkayang Feb 19, 2013 at 4:45 AM

Hi, im planning to drive from Kuching of Malaysia to Sebente, any pointers or guides? I may be driving a sedan.

1 Answer Feb 21, 2013 at 4:09 AM
    • Tourist Guide

Pontianak Sep 29, 2012 at 11:38 PM

Hi. I am planning to visit Pontianak and would be interested to get in contact with a local english speaking tourist guide to do the planning for my visit. please contact me!

• priVaTeer115's Profile Photo

Riding thru the Tebedu/Entikong Border crossing

Pontianak Jul 25, 2012 at 10:19 AM

Good day fellow travellers,
      I need update information if I can use this border checkpoint to ride from Kuching to Kalimantan.
      For my past riding trips across SEA, I do not need a visa(Singaporean)
      I need to know if my bike requires a Carnet. Your help is much appreciated.

1 Answer Jul 26, 2012 at 7:14 AM
    • fabian23's Profile Photo

cross borneo trekking

West Kalimantan Province Jan 20, 2011 at 2:50 PM

hello, i want to do in april the legendary trans borneo trek. it means 16 days of trekking and canoeing through unspoiled rainforest. for more information please klick here: tatunet.ddo.jp/kompakh/EN/pa.... i`m looking for people, who want to join me.

fabian

1 Answer Jan 20, 2011 at 3:21 PM
    • West Kalimantan - Beaches and Islands

West Kalimantan Province Jan 15, 2010 at 11:09 PM

Hi guys
      We're heading into West Kalimantan for about 4 weeks and are trying to make up some kind of itinerary which involves both some inland forest time as well as a bit of a spell by the water.
      I'm having a bit of trouble finding any information in regards to beaches and islands though and was wondering if anyone could recommend somewhere nice, ideally with interesting snorkeling (I know East Kalimantan is much better for this, but we just don't have the time or funds to get across there as well!). The places we've come across are the karimata Islands, Pagatimun, Randayan Island or the beaches around Singkawang (Samudra or Pantai Pasir), but we haven't really been able to find much information on any of them. Has anyone been to any of these places and could give us a bit of an idea what they are like?
      Our makeshift itinerary at the moment is looking at including walks in Gungung Palung and/or Bukit Baka-bukit Raya, Singkawang and then potentially Ketapang and the Karimata Islands or Pagatimun. Does this sound achievable in 4 weeks or are we being a bit too ambitious?
      Any thoughts and comments would be greatly appreciated. And the sooner the better, we are on a bus from Kuching into kalimantan tomorrow. Once again we have left our run a little late in regards to planning...!
      Cheers, Rowena

• pablo888's Profile Photo

Traditional Iban Longhouse Putussibau Interior

Putussibau Mar 12, 2008 at 6:00 AM

Hi all,

Would somebody share some info or experinces about visiting Traditional Iban Longhouse in Putussibau interior area. How can I get permission from the Tuai Rumah?? How to get there from Pontianak? Thanks

• pablo888's Profile Photo

Pontianak to Ngaung Keruh (Iban longhouse)

West Kalimantan Province Feb 13, 2008 at 8:10 AM

Would somebody please give me info how to get to Ngaung Keruh from Pontianak? What should I do to be a guest of the longhouse?? any contact can be reach for assistance in Pontianak?? Thank you

• markeveleigh's Profile Photo

Travel to and from Pontianak

Pontianak Aug 3, 2007 at 11:27 PM

Hi,

I was in Pontianak years ago and am now planning a trip back. But I'm sure things have changed! I'd be very grateful if anybody could offer information on flights upriver to Putussibau. Also has anybody travelled from Jakarta to Pontianak by ferry? If so, how long does it take, what does it cost and what is the frequency?

I'd be very grateful for any responses to mark@markeveleigh.com

With thanks
      Mark

2 Answers Sep 14, 2007 at 10:34 PM
    • angke's Profile Photo

5 days in Pontianak

Pontianak Apr 25, 2007 at 8:00 PM

We are a group of 4 (or 5), planning to do a tourism research. We are four students and one mentor. Need info on:

1. Nice but cheap accommodation (hotel, motel, boarding house, etc) to sleep and make small discussions.

2. Good or excellent but unknown (not yet promoted) West Kalimantan tourist destinations. Please rate its uniqueness (1 to 10 scale).

3. What's the safest time to go about the area?

4. How can we thank you? I was thinking of giving you (whoever you are) a credit in our report. The final report will be in a seminar in Jakarta.

• texxie's Profile Photo

guesthouse

Pontianak Mar 23, 2007 at 5:14 AM

Hello ,

My name is Theo Tellings.
      I live in the city Enschede in the Netherlands .
      My vather was born in Bandoeng and my grandmother was born in Borneo .
      And i want information of a safe and good guesthouse or cheap hotel in Pontianak.
      My girlfriend lives in Kuching and i am bussy to get visa to Indonesia .
      When i can stay in pontianak on a good adres then i can meet my girlfriend .

Pontianak is near Kuching thats way i hope i can get a room or else by people or guesthouse for a cheap price .

I hope some one can help me, then i can staying there .
      My hobby's are cultures, digital art and Music, i playing self music

Some time i hear people take some in the house as guesthouse .
      I hope i get reaction am a trustfull persone non smoker or drinker .

On this time iam bussy to get visa to stay in Indonesia .
      My wish is to stay near my girlfriend from Kuching .

If you have information for me or a adres to stay please let me no .
      Greetings of me ,\

Texxie

• Singapore To Pontianak

Pontianak Nov 13, 2006 at 7:41 PM

I have a friend working in Pontianak and I am planning a visit there. It seems quite a complex job getting from Singapore to Pontianak; there being no dirct air links between the two places. That at least is what I gather from my net search so far.

Any advise on a good way of getting to Pontianak from Singapore will be much appreciated.

Thanks a lot

chongfookchoy

4 Answers Nov 18, 2006 at 4:57 PM
    • Heryanto's Profile Photo

Budget transport from Pontianak to Kuching.

Pontianak Dec 21, 2005 at 11:35 PM

Hi,

I plan to visit Kuching from Pontianak for the first time. I need some information about the bus from Pontioanak to Kuching (The fare and time schedule). How long it take time for it ? Someone can help me ! Thank you very much your reply.

sincerely your,

2 Answers Aug 26, 2007 at 1:47 AM
    • To pontianak town

Pontianak Mar 31, 2005 at 12:15 AM

Anyone can assist me how to go to Pontianak via bus from Kuching, Malaysia? I'm flying to Kuching from Kuala Lumpur. Any contacts of bus operators where I can purchase online? TQ.

2 Answers Apr 24, 2005 at 8:46 AM
    • PansorKarangan's Profile Photo

Pansor Karangan - where is it?

Pontianak Mar 25, 2005 at 11:40 PM

Please let me know where is the village (Kampung) of Pansor Karangan. I have search on the internet and found a map that only show Karangan. My friend live in West kalimentan and is near Pontianak, she left me and gone back to Pansor karangan. I really have to get there. There is no paved road leading to Pansor karanagan. My map show the general area and if you know please confirm it.

She said it is a small village with about 300 people and the only way to get there is by motorbike. The place is mostly padi (rice) planting.

please help! shed some light as to where it is on the map.

Thanks a million.

• yoan's Profile Photo

i want to go to Pontianak forest

Pontianak Oct 21, 2004 at 1:50 AM

i want to ask where can i reach the forest from the city. restaurant or recreation place in Pontianak ?

5 Answers Apr 25, 2005 at 7:42 PM