West Bank

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• I have a friend in Gaza who I'd like to invite to meet me for a holiday

Palestine Apr 6, 2014 at 6:24 PM

Where can a resident of Gaza travel to with Pal. Authority docs?
      Where can he go, without a visa or which country offers visas to Palestinians.
      I want to offer to pay for him to come visit / stay with me for 1 to 3 months.
      I can stay in any nearby country which is convenient for him.
      This is not marriage or romance, just a friend and I'm willing to give him
      a chance to go somewhere for the first time and have a break from Gaza where he lives.

more
    • Coming to the Gaza Strip

Gaza Strip Apr 5, 2014 at 11:19 AM

I want to come to live with a family in Gaza. I am from the USA. I understand I need an invitation from an NGO, but have no idea on how to do this, who to ask. I have many skills that I could supply to an NGO during my long term stay.
      I would appreciate any help.

more
    • HinnaC's Profile Photo

Birzeit University Summer Camp 2014

Ramallah Jan 27, 2014 at 10:26 AM

I'm looking for any others attending this camp travelling from the UK. It would be good to fly out together perhaps.

• Dar Zahran heritage museum?

Ramallah Jan 25, 2014 at 6:17 AM

I'm not seeing Dar Zahran on the Ramallah site. Am I missing something?
      Thanks,
      NR

5 Answers Jan 25, 2014 at 11:42 AM
    • Bus travel

Bethlehem Jan 8, 2014 at 1:36 PM

Is there a way to travel by bus from Jerusalem to Bethlehem ?? I have searched egged site and it shows no routes. If it is possible to do by bus, where would it depart from in Jerusalem (CBS ??), time of travel, cost ??

1 Answer Jan 8, 2014 at 11:44 PM
    • paddington28's Profile Photo

ACCOMADATION

Bethlehem Dec 25, 2013 at 3:26 AM

I am a solo traveller who has travelled around the world,would like to do Bethlehem next year,is this safe enough just to book a flight and find accomadation when i am there.

Many thanks,Ben

5 Answers Jan 15, 2014 at 4:23 AM
    • Amman to Bethlehem and Jerusalem

West Bank Dec 11, 2013 at 4:21 AM

I'm spending a few weeks in Jordan starting December 21. Given the proximity to Christmas, I'm interested in going to Bethlehem and Jerusalem from December 24-26 or so just to see the festivities. I'll be in Amman from December 21-24. Will it be difficult to get from Amman to Bethlehem on December 24, stay there the night, head to Jerusalem on December 25, stay the day there, then return to Amman on December 26?

My specific questions are:
      (1) Will the border crossings be worse than normal around this time of year?
      (2) Will it be harder than normal to book bus travel this time of year? What buses are the best to use?
      (3) Best time of day to leave and return?
      (4) Any other tips?

Thanks very much in advance and sorry if these questions have been answered before, but I couldn't find anything specific to the Christmas holiday time period.

4 Answers Dec 12, 2013 at 12:24 PM
    • border crossing from Jordan to Ramallah

Ramallah Dec 3, 2013 at 3:57 PM

can you tell me if it's best to fly from Amman to Tel Aviv or do the crossing via the King Hussein bridge? my father and I are us Citizens and would like to make this crossing as simple as possible.

4 Answers Dec 3, 2013 at 9:36 PM
    • OsamaK's Profile Photo

I am the Porject X

Bethlehem Aug 18, 2013 at 6:19 PM

Does anyone here know any good night clubs I can apply for DJ?

• is travelling from Amman to Ramallah and Betlehem hard for a tunisian passport holder?

Ramallah Aug 1, 2013 at 1:20 PM

i am a tunisian woman who's thinking about visiting some friends in Amman and i was wishing to take the advantage of the proximity and try to go to the WB and visit Ramallah and Betlehem. do you think it'd be possible? are there any risks? is my passport gonna be stamped by israeli douanes? and what are the best ways to get to Ramallah for me?
      P.S: i travel alone .
      Thank you

1 Answer Aug 2, 2013 at 6:48 AM
    • American woman in West Bank

West Bank Jun 13, 2013 at 1:08 PM

I've talked to several people and seem to get varing answers. I have the opportunity to work in Ramallah for a month, however as a very western looking american female I'm converned about safety issues. Is Ramallah a safe place for a single female? How are other areas of the West Bank with regards to the acceptance of a professional female? I have been told not to go out alone at night, but day light hours are ok. Also, would I need to wear a head scarf? How to locals react to single american females?

5 Answers Jul 5, 2013 at 2:30 PM
    • travelling through allenby to jifna

Ramallah May 22, 2013 at 1:27 AM

Hello, I'm a canadian citizen just going to ramallah for vacation for three weeks very soon. We are landing in jordan and taking the Allenby bridge. I was wondering if there is anything specific we need to worry about. We are simply landing in jordan and going straight over the border, and then leaving from jordan at the end of the trip. We are staying in Jifna/Ramallah for most of the trip. Can anyone offer any advice or tips? I have been reading things about needing visas, etc, but I am not sure, considering our canadian citizenship, and brand new passports, that we will encounter any trouble or need more documentation. Also, what is the best and cheapest way after hopefully crossing the border, that we can get to our hotel?

2 Answers May 22, 2013 at 4:08 AM
    • phoenixsonrisa's Profile Photo

Easiest Way to enter Jericho

Jericho Apr 22, 2013 at 12:43 PM

I am planning on going to Jericho in August of this year. I was told that the easiest way to get into Jericho is through Tel Aviv. On the other hand, I have also been told that most likely I would have to take two taxis to get there. I have thought about going through King Hussein Bridge in Jordan which maybe longer but I won't have two taxis. Any suggestions?

1 Answer Apr 22, 2013 at 1:51 PM
    • Travel from Amman to Ramallah

Ramallah Jan 4, 2013 at 8:33 AM

Hello everyone,

I'm planning to go for a 2 or 3-month-internship in Ramallah this summer. I have a french passport and I was born in Lebanon. I guess I would have problems if I go to Ramallah through Tel aviv, so I was thinking about going through Amman. Is their a simple and safe way to go from Amman to Ramallah ? And otherwise, is it possible for me to go through Tel aviv and have a visa in israel, pretending to have a tourist trip ?
      Thank u !

5 Answers Jan 5, 2013 at 4:52 AM
    • From jordan to ramallah

Ramallah Jun 13, 2011 at 1:30 PM

Hi , I have an Iraqi passport i need help and information about how can i go from amman to ramallah or bait lahem for like a week and will i be able to go back to iraq with same passport ? will have isreal stamp ? will palstinian authority will allows me to entry

thanks

13 Answers Aug 3, 2012 at 9:39 AM
    • travel Amman to Ramallah

Ramallah Jan 26, 2011 at 2:09 PM

I am a US citizen arriving to Amman, Jordan and entry into the West Bank via the Allenby Bridge. I plan to stay in Ramallah for three months and would appreciate suggestions about a visa to enter the West Bank as well as traveling in and out of Jordan a few times. My current passport lists four other Arab countries that I visited and I am concerned that this could be a red flag, therefore I may have to apply for a new passport. I welcome your thoughts. Thank you.

5 Answers Jan 29, 2011 at 10:43 PM
    • Rammalah to bethlehem / Jericho / Dead Sea

Ramallah Oct 24, 2010 at 8:51 AM

Anyone knows how to get to those places by regular public transport from the busstation ?

2 Answers Nov 28, 2010 at 11:03 AM
    • Hammam in Ramallah / Sport facilities

Ramallah Oct 24, 2010 at 8:50 AM

Was in Ramallah during the Ramadan and the Hamman did not answer telephone.
      Anyone an idea if it is still possible to go to a Hamman ?
      Are there any sportfacilities ( fitness / swim ) ?
      Thanks

• Traveling a woman alone in Bethlehem

Bethlehem Jan 16, 2010 at 9:55 AM

Hello!!! As you said, the comments about safety in this areas are always very 2 sides of the coin. But traveling alone as a woman in arab towns is very different than be with a male partner or a group... so my question is, how safe you think is this town for myself???

thank you!

5 Answers Dec 18, 2010 at 3:31 PM
    • i-s-a's Profile Photo

hostel in bethlehem

Bethlehem Aug 22, 2009 at 8:39 AM

hello,

i'll be visiting bethlehem soon and i'm having difficulty finding accomodation over the net. any recommendation? i'm looking for a basic one, budget USD20~50.

thanks,
      isa

11 Answers Nov 28, 2010 at 10:52 AM
    • Volunteer work in Ramallah

West Bank Jul 3, 2009 at 1:37 PM

Marhabba,

I will be attending Birzeit University in Ramallah, and so I have a few questions:

1. What development-oriented volunteer work is there available in Ramallah (preferable close to the Birzeit area)? I am looking for something involving development or human rights type stuff.

2. I will be there for one year, what is involved (and what are your suggestions) in terms of getting a Visa?

3. What are good areas to live near Birzeit University (by good I do not want to be isolated from real palestinian people)?

4. What is there to do for fun in Ramallah? Where can I meet a lot of Palestinian people? Where can I meet university-aged palestinians? and lastly what is there in terms of a nightlife in Ramallah?

Shukrun!

2 Answers Jul 4, 2009 at 11:40 AM
    • Spanish in the univesity of bethlehem

Bethlehem May 3, 2009 at 11:19 AM

I'm from Barcelona, Spain, and we are planining a pilgrimage to Holy Land next year with a gruop of friends. For me is not the first time, I have been already there, but always it's fantastic to comeback. I read in your note, that is very nice to see Bethelem from the top of the university, exactly , from the restaurant of the university, Is it possible to take dinner there?.
      There are students studing Spanish language?
      I'm sorry for my bad English, and thank you very much,
      MÂȘ Esther
      my mail is: maedequadras@gmail.com

• how to go to ramallah

Ramallah Feb 22, 2009 at 6:50 AM

hi, i wanna go to ramallah. i'm from indonesia. n i don't find any way to get there. plz tell me what'm i suposse to do, what's airlane that i should take, i really need the info. is that true we can go direct there by plane?
      coz i don't like travelling by bus. if any one have some info, plz send to my mail....andreinisalu@yahoo.com

thanx be4

4 Answers Feb 23, 2009 at 9:56 PM
    • From Church of Nativity to Rachel's tomb

Bethlehem Dec 27, 2008 at 2:35 PM

Can I use public transportation from the Church of the Nativity to Rachel's tomb? If not, how do I get there?
      Thanks for your help!

1 Answer May 10, 2009 at 4:11 AM
    • Christmas in Bethlehem

Bethlehem Oct 20, 2008 at 2:20 PM

I will be spending Christmas in Bethlehem this Christmas and was wondering if anyone had advice on going to a service and/or finding a hostel/ hotel. Would it be easier to stay in Jerusalem.. if so, what time does the border crossing close? Thanks!

1 Answer Oct 20, 2008 at 2:48 PM
    • MikeySoft's Profile Photo

How for is Manger Square for the checkpoint?

Bethlehem Mar 14, 2008 at 10:15 AM

About how far is Manger Square from the checkpoint when coming from Jerusalem? Is it in walk able distance and is it advisable to walk?

4 Answers Mar 28, 2008 at 4:19 AM
    • West Bank interpreters

West Bank Jan 5, 2008 at 2:33 PM

marhabban!

I'm a US graduate student who will be traveling to the West Bank this summer to do some interviews for my dissertation research. My Arabic isn't great--and it's MSA, anyway--so I'll likely need an interpreter at least part-time. Can anyone give me a rough estimate as to the daily pay for an interpreter? (or even better, some leads/contact info for interpreters?)

Ideally, I'd be looking for a Palestinian university student who was fluent or near-fluent in English. Now that I think a bit more, an Israeli student might be a good idea, as I worry a bit about travel restrictions within the West Bank.

I'll be staying in Ramallah, but I anticipate that my plans can change.

thanks in advance!

Joseph (aka Yusuf)

3 Answers Mar 28, 2008 at 3:30 AM
    • If I plan to stay in Ramallah for awhile

Ramallah Jul 25, 2007 at 11:43 AM

Hi,
      Im planning a trip to Ramallah,and have plans to reside in a palestinian village.What are the requirements to be able to do so. Also, for how long am I allowed to stay if im only a tourist....Please help, if you are from america, what exactly is requested from Israel to obtain a visa, I am told that a return ticket is not a requirement as it states at the website for state.gov .
      Your input is greatly appreciated...

sandy
      USA

1 Answer Mar 28, 2008 at 3:35 AM
    • mikarov99's Profile Photo

Safety

West Bank Jul 20, 2007 at 11:57 PM

Maybe next year i will visit Israel and West Bank.

I need special visa for enter west bank i want visit Bethelem, Ramallah and another cities?

Is safe going to west bank and return back.

What is the best city to know and talk whit the Palestinian people.

4 Answers Feb 15, 2010 at 7:46 AM
    • From Jordan to Ramallah

Ramallah May 17, 2007 at 1:00 PM

My brother and I would like to visit a friend in Ramallah while we're in the Middle East. We will be in Jordan and are planning on crossing at the King Hussein Bridge.
      What is the best (in terms of time and money) way to get to Ramallah?

Thanks!

3 Answers Jun 6, 2007 at 1:11 PM
    • Travel from Haifa to Nablus

West Bank Apr 26, 2007 at 11:16 PM

Hi, I am an American currently living near Haifa, and I'd like to travel to Mt. Gerazim for the Samaritan Passover on Monday. Does anyone know how I can do this via public transport? I know there is a little Jewish settlement called Beracha near there, which Egged might go to, but I can't find anything on their website. Anyway, I'd appreciate any help you could offer. Thanks!

1 Answer Apr 27, 2007 at 5:38 AM
    • visitor visa.

Khirbat Istabul Nov 25, 2006 at 6:11 PM

from my country i have 2 options i can get visa from the embassy or i can get at the airport.can you tell me how easy is it to get visa at the airport for canadian passport and how much do they charge at the airport and do they give multiple visa since i may leave turkey for 1 week to syria then back for few more days.what is your reccomendations.is english spoken at the airport so they will be able to undeerstand i need multiple visa.
      thank you for your help

1 Answer Mar 28, 2008 at 3:40 AM