change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Looking for China Town in or close to Geneva, Switzerland

Geneva Yesterday

Good morning,
      Looking for China town in Geneva or close to? Any tip to share?
      Thank you per advance.

more
    • A 6 days 5 nights itinerary in Switzerland? (Zurich, Bern, Lucerne, Interlaken, Geneva?)

Switzerland Dec 14, 2014 at 11:01 AM

Hi everyone. I and my friend (2 girls) will be travelling to Switzerland from 22-27January. We will be arriving in Zurich on 22Jan (22:30) and departing in Geneva on 27Jan (12:25).

We would love to see the mountains and alps (more of the nature) during our trip. We would also love to see a bit of the city part. We are confused about where we should stay for visiting the mountains and the transport. My friends recommended me to go to Appenzell, Santis, Walensee, St Moritz, Montreux and Zermatt. Really hope someone can help us with that as this is our first time going to Switzerland and planning from scratch for our trip. Any recommendations/ suggestions please? I know we sound really greedy because there seem to be a lot of nice places that we don't wanna miss! But we would also want a relaxing trip which we can really spend some decent time in the beautiful places. Please share with us your ideas... Loads of thanks! :)

more
    • Titlis Rotair ticket v. day ski pass

Engelberg Nov 23, 2014 at 10:22 AM

We are travelling to Titlis next weekend and we see that the price of the day ski pass is lower than the price of the Engelberg-Titlis return ticket. The day ski pass says that it can be used on all lifts. However, we will not be skiing. Would we be able to get to the top of Titlis using the day ski pass and not skiing?

more
    • travelgirl214's Profile Photo

Best things to see/do in Geneva in 5 hours?

Geneva Nov 25, 2014 at 9:54 AM

We will be driving to Geneva to catch an evening flight in January. We'll have between 3-5 hours to explore. Any suggestions? (No cruises or tourist tours) Any cool attractions, places to eat, beautiful scenic areas?
      My husband is into science and history. How is the CERN? I'm more into the artsy stuff. Unique shops or collections in the area worth mentioning?

Thank you in advance for any advice/suggestions!

more
    • smasteve's Profile Photo

what to do

Gruyères Nov 24, 2014 at 7:14 AM

what are the main attractions?

more
    • jesseniart's Profile Photo

What are the most scenic hotels/lodges in Switzerland?

Switzerland Dec 6, 2014 at 1:41 AM

I've got a voucher of $3000 to spend on accommodation in Switzerland! I want to know of the most beautiful hotels in the country. I'm a real lover of nature and want to stay somewhere with mountain ranges and hiking opportunities.

Does anyone have any recommendations?

more
    • Wengen, Lauterbrennen or Interlaken?

by Fatimah_87 Online Now Jul 11, 2014 at 8:31 AM

Hi

Thinking of going for a holiday home 3 nights stay in the village area. Would be going up to Jungfrau. Want to do Skydiving and Canyon Jumping. Would want to go over to other villages like Grindelwald also for sightseeing. After 3 nights stay will be heading to Lucern. Which is a better option - Wengen, Lauterbrennen or Interlaken?

8 Answers Jul 13, 2014 at 9:00 AM
    • Packing essentials for Wengen -6 nights -Aug 3 thru Aug 9- 2014

by shariqjamil Online Now Jun 10, 2014 at 12:34 PM

we are a family of four -2 Adults and 2 children ( 7 and 11 yrs), can someone suggest us essential and tips for packing. we are staying in Wengen for 6 nights, prior to that in Lucern -3 night and Zurich 3 nights. After Wengen to Zermatt for 3 nights and then Paris 3 nights.

Our stay in Wengen is in a Chalet which is 2 KM away from Train station. Thanks for your help

1 Answer Jun 11, 2014 at 6:48 PM
    • Wengen in the Summer

by ecashmore Online Now Apr 1, 2014 at 2:21 AM

Hi. Just a quick question. Do you think Wengen would be a good place to visit in August with a 5 and 1 year old? So sick of beach holidays and fancy trying something new this year. Thanks in advance!

3 Answers Apr 1, 2014 at 5:50 AM
    • Places to see in and around Wengen

by SmitaP Online Now Jul 3, 2013 at 11:47 AM

Hello everybody,

We are at wengen.Reached today evening.We are staying close to the railway station.We will stay here tomrrow and day after tomorrow.I need urgent help from you guys for a two day travel plan here.As of now we are thinking to spend one day for Jungfrau.(We are not interested in hiking.We are interested to see some scenic points)What to do for the second day ?? Help please.Also suggest in detail how to go to Jungfrau and what to see and what not to miss??

Thanks,
      Smita

4 Answers Oct 16, 2013 at 3:17 PM
    • Induc's Profile Photo

Discounts on mountain railways

by Induc Online Now Apr 9, 2013 at 12:32 AM

I wish to know what is the cost of travel for
      1. Jungfraugh from Interlaken OST in normal hours and in early morning hours.
      2. What is discount applicable if you have Swiss Flexi Pass.
      3. What is discount if you take 50% fare card.

Similarly for M Titlis from Engelberg.
      What is normal cost and discount for swiss pass or half fare cards
      Induc

2 Answers Apr 21, 2013 at 3:53 AM
    • yumalation's Profile Photo

Early bird or late afternoon?

by yumalation Online Now Feb 4, 2013 at 1:44 PM

There is cheaper tickets available to Jungfrau early in the morning and and late afternoon. Thinking of visibility up there, which one is better?

9 Answers Oct 16, 2013 at 3:11 PM
    • Wengen or Murren or Lauterbrunnen

by Kevin72 Online Now May 3, 2011 at 7:33 PM

I will have 2 days in this area this summer. I plan on doing 1 hike per day. Do you recommend that I try to stay one night in Wengen and another in Murren? Or do you think I'll be able to see everything without too much difficulty by staying in the same place for both nights?

Also, if you have any favorite hikes on either side of the valley.

Also, do you think staying in Lauterbrunnen would be preferable? Thanks

5 Answers May 4, 2011 at 9:26 AM
    • Car Free!!!!? in wegen

by starcluster100 Online Now Apr 13, 2011 at 1:09 AM

OK! am total new to this, and i cant imagen how we are gonna transport there with our rented car??

does that mean we are not allowed to use our Car there? Or is it that we cant, coz there is no roads?!

if we will have to abandon the car and take another transportation there, how will it goes?
      (putting in mind the Luggage + we are not a small family - a group of 7- )

your answer will help me in many ways in to better understanding. So i would be really grateful to Know ^^

Thanks for your time.

Anfal.

8 Answers Apr 13, 2011 at 2:15 PM
    • Currency

by Chrissydon Online Now Mar 1, 2011 at 4:52 AM

Hi, we will be travelling to Wengen from South Africa between 26 March and 2 April 2011. Can anybody confirm which currency we should buy? If Euro or CHF? And what is the average price for drinks and food in Wengen and Zurich? Thanks

7 Answers Mar 23, 2011 at 9:08 AM
    • single

by helga2010 Online Now Dec 30, 2010 at 3:55 AM

Hello, could you tell me what would happen for New Year's night in Wengen? I mean after dinner what the fun club to go for a single 28 years girl?Thx

1 Answer Dec 30, 2010 at 5:05 AM
    • Trip to Jungfrau and Eiger in December

by GregOG Online Now Dec 7, 2009 at 10:35 PM

My wife and I will be Wengen between 19/12/2009 and 26/12/2009 (departing in themorninging of the 26/12). We would like to make a trip up to the Jungfrau and Eiger, are we able to pre book or can we book when we arrive? And does anybody have any other ideas for some sight seeing, bearing in mind that we would still like to attempt to ski?

3 Answers Dec 10, 2009 at 5:11 AM
    • Car parking in Lauterbrunnen / day trips

by beeorchid Online Now Jun 14, 2009 at 3:24 AM

I can pre-book car parking in Lauterbrunnen for 7 days. If I do so, can I take my car in and out of the car park, or do I have to pay on each entry/exit?

NB I've researched relative prices of Jungfraubahnen and Berneroberland train passes, and it will be better for us to get the Jungfraubahnen pass and take the car for one longer trip.

2 Answers Jun 16, 2009 at 10:28 AM
    • Places to eat in Wengen, Switzerland

by anniemax Online Now Jun 13, 2006 at 10:16 AM

My husband and I are going to Wengen at the end of June (06) and staying the first night in Interlaken, then five nights in Wengen. Can anyone recommend restaurants in either location that are reasonably priced and great food? We are at the Caprice Hotel in Wengen and can have our dinners there on a half board situation but wonder if we want to be "locked in" for four consecutive nights. If you've dined there, let me know--five course dinners? Do you have to "dress" for dinner? Good food?

• Help with itenary

by priyavsinghs Online Now May 22, 2005 at 12:47 AM

Hi,

Thanks to VT and the wonderful people here, I have been able to arrive at my broad itenary. However, I still need help on what to see in the short time I have in Switzerland. This is the plan I have in mind and the questions -

1. I will be based in Wengen. Arrive in Wengen around 4:00 in the eve on 21st Jun. Any suggestions on what should I do this evening? I would love to see some country side, water and quiet place.

2. On 22nd, I am taking a trip to Jungfraujoch. From what I have read on VT, I can finish Jungfraujoch in half day. What is the best way of spending the other half of the day?

3. On 23rd, I have planned to visit Mt Titlis by taking the panorama train from Interlaken to Lucerne. I suppose, I will take this whole day for Mt. Titlis. Is that correct? I have to return to Geneva this evening because I have to catch the flight the following morning.

Since I have only two and a half days, I want to make the best of it. Pls help with suggestions.

A big thanks to the VT community.

8 Answers May 24, 2005 at 11:23 AM
    • Wengen Honeymoon hotel

by jonhmac Online Now Apr 13, 2004 at 6:12 AM

The village is beautiful, having camped and hiked throughout the area in June 1999, but has anybody the name of a special hotel, as we intend to return as "Honeymooners" sept. 2005.

4 Answers Apr 16, 2004 at 2:15 AM