Wellington Region

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Accomodation

Cape Reinga Mar 24, 2014 at 2:05 AM

Hi there back in 2000 i stayed at a place just before Cape Reinga i think it might have been 20mins before cape reinga but i cant find the place we stayed at and i cant remember the hotel / camping place it had a restaurant and little shop on it and we stayed in like a cabin.

please help :)

more
    • kattierivera's Profile Photo

Shopping sales in AKL

Auckland Apr 8, 2014 at 5:16 AM

I'll visit AKL next month and I know there are lots of expensive stuff there. I want to know how often do AKL stores (clothes etc) have sales? Every week? Month? Thank you

more
    • shastashark's Profile Photo

one day in wellington

Wellington Jan 5, 2014 at 4:09 PM

hello! we're taking a new zealand cruise in a couple months and one of the stops is wellington.

we're thinking of visiting the wineries in the Wairarapa area.

is there a tour service that anyone can recommend? I also heard that there is a tour with bicycles.

also, can anyone recommend three or four wineries that has good pinot noir?

any information would be helpful... thanks!

1 Answer Jan 9, 2014 at 12:09 PM
    • Petone vs Lower Hutt vs wellington CBS

Petone Dec 30, 2013 at 7:46 PM

Trying to decide on a family unit when visiting wellington for 3 nights in march.Finding it bit cheaper in petone or Lower Hutt vs inner wellington suburbs esp once they add parking $ and portacot $-are outer regions ok when visiting and also is petone too windy & Lower Hutt better?

3 Answers Dec 31, 2013 at 11:54 PM
    • winnietankl's Profile Photo

2 days in Wellington

Wellington Nov 23, 2013 at 12:08 AM

We will be going to Wellington in Dec and planning to visit places of interest like Parliament building, city gallery, Mt Victoria, Botanic Garden, Old St Paul's, National Museum of Te Papa and of course the famous cable car ride. We are going to stay at James Cook hotel at The Terrace so since we only have 2 days in Wellington, can anyone help us to figure out which is the better route to visit those places then.

Thank you very much.

5 Answers Dec 14, 2013 at 2:26 AM
    • mnutsy's Profile Photo

Sunday Night entertainment

Wellington Oct 14, 2013 at 2:13 PM

Are pubs, restaurants & theatres open Sunday evening in city?

1 Answer Nov 18, 2013 at 11:40 PM
    • storyin's Profile Photo

Athfield House ?

Wellington Oct 6, 2013 at 4:01 PM

I saw this house "Athfield House" in a film called "Winter" in Auckland Art Gallery
      and there is a photo book about this house.

Is it famous in NZ?
      Can people visit this house?
      Or just see it outside?

I check the address,

105 Amritsar Street, Khandallah
      Kaiwharawhara, Wellington

Is there any spot to see this house in a distance?

Thanks in advance :)

1 Answer Oct 6, 2013 at 5:10 PM
    • marttonius's Profile Photo

Next week in Wellington, 3 or four days free what should I do?

Wellington Sep 16, 2013 at 10:30 PM

I will be the next week on Wellington, on a bussines trip I think there will be three or four days free, so I would like to know the most I can. my interests? Iam an archaeologyst, I love photograpy, any advices?

5 Answers Oct 5, 2013 at 2:37 AM
    • Only a day in Wellington

Wellington Aug 10, 2013 at 11:20 AM

Hi all,
      We are arriving in a cruiseship next month , and will spend a few hours then continuing to Picton, would like to hear from you recommendation where to go, not too far from the center in both places
      Thank you

4 Answers Aug 10, 2013 at 12:02 PM
    • FlyingChef's Profile Photo

Do I need to book hotels in advance during Fringe Festival?

Wellington Jul 23, 2013 at 6:34 PM

Traveling through New Zealand next summer, and want to see the Wellington Fringe Festival in February. But I know some cities get so crowded at these times that you have to book places to stay way in advance. Is this true of Wellington?

1 Answer Aug 12, 2013 at 5:51 AM
    • Quickest way to get to Te Papa Museum from the Wellington Airport

Wellington Dec 23, 2012 at 9:16 PM

I am arriving from Auckland into the Wellington Airport at 2:40 in the afternoon and want to go to the Te Papa Museum that closes at 6 pm. Is it feasible to go directly to the Te Papa Museum and have them hold our luggage? Would it be better to go to the Wellington Rydges hotel first? Would a taxi be the best way or is there a bus from the airport that would go near the museum? Karen Kohn

2 Answers Dec 24, 2012 at 8:00 PM
    • empresstraveller's Profile Photo

One night stay

Wellington Nov 27, 2012 at 8:02 PM

Hey VT members, Im traveling to wellington for a day before i head down to the South Island. I was wondering if any of you would like to have me for one nights stay in return for information about the local area, Im happy to cook (try) I've got my own sleeping bag, and don't mind being on a sofa. I know there is the Couch Surfing website, but i thought i would try here first. Im Looking to be in Wellington next week , I haven't got an exact date as yet.

Thanks

Emma

• Campervan Christmas in the Wellington Region

Wellington Region Oct 19, 2012 at 8:40 AM

I am 65 and will be holidaying with my wife in a campervan over Christmas. Can anybody suggest a great place to camp in the Wellington region, to enjoy the New Zealand festives, possibly on a beach but we are equally open to other sugestions?

We move on to South Island on 28 Dec and would appreciate a similar suggestion for New Year?

4 Answers Oct 23, 2012 at 12:19 PM
    • ckd's Profile Photo

Things to do around Wellington, NZ

Wellington Region Aug 19, 2012 at 7:54 AM

Hi, me and my partner will be in NZ for about 3 days.

We are in Wellington before then and would like to get any suggestions on how far we can go from Wellington that's worth to see, coming back to Melbourne (from Wellington) 3 days later.

We know it's not much time, but would like to make the best out of our little time.

3 Answers Aug 20, 2012 at 7:24 PM
    • runawaymind's Profile Photo

4 days for a taste of NZ

Wellington Region Jan 30, 2012 at 5:27 PM

Hi all,

We are going to NZ with a few friends. We are going over the Easter break, so will only have 4 or 5 days. Of course we don't expect to see everything, but we live in Sydney so am sure will go again in the future. Point of this trip is to have a nice break with friends.

The group: all adults, 30-41 yo. 2 couples, maybe another two single guys. Interests: wine tasting, good food, scenery, national parks, a bit of bushwalking (beginner level), possibly kayaking (beginner level)
      Accomodation: mid-range, comfortable, eg on a winery, absolutely no camping!! (says one of our friends)
      Areas need to be gay friendly (I'm sure thats all fine in NZ)

Ideally, we'd find a region that has wineries and some outdoor activities (national parks, bushwalking, lakes you can rent kayaks on)?....

I've been looking at various regions including around Wellington

Possible places of interest: The classic wine tour from Napier to Blenheim, Martinborough wine region (and also Marlborough wine region) but I am particulrly interested in the Martinborough pinot noir. Any thoughts on this classi wine tour? is it overhyped? touristy? any alternative ideas?
      If we base ourselves in this region, are there places we can bushwalk/ kayak close by?

Thanks very much!

5 Answers Jan 31, 2012 at 12:39 PM
    • Welsh flag?

Wellington Oct 5, 2011 at 12:20 AM

Does anyone know where I can get a Welsh flag from in Wellington? Preferably a big flag you can wrap around yourself! Thanks!

9 Answers Oct 16, 2011 at 2:59 PM
    • mehulraj's Profile Photo

Accomodation

Wellington Aug 16, 2011 at 9:23 AM

This October my brother about to join his one year course at wellington for his nautical exams i wanted to know about accomodation over there.
      how much it will cost him if he is staying with group of 3-4 person and about to stay over there for about 10-12 months.
      i know it depends upon lot of factor,proximity to college,budget etc.
      for budget i can say its around 100-200$ per person so for 4 person i think it will be some reasonable amount.And if anyone has contact of some agencies or anybody there help him out that will great help.
      thx in advacne

1 Answer Aug 16, 2011 at 7:37 PM
    • Waffy's Profile Photo

Night restaurants/bars

Wellington Aug 9, 2011 at 7:01 AM

I was wondering are there restaurants in Wellington that are open till late, I will arrive around 10pm.
      Thanks.

1 Answer Aug 9, 2011 at 4:06 PM
    • grant1313's Profile Photo

6 days in Wellington - what should we do??

Wellington Jul 29, 2011 at 11:16 PM

Hi
      My wife and I are flying to Wellington at the end of September and have 6 days (5 nights) till we return - I am planning to spend the first 2 nights and the last in Wellington and the other 2 nights elsewhere.
      I would really appreciate suggestions as to where we should go - I thought of Taupo but it seems to be a long drive for only a couple of nights, can you please help me out here
      Thanks

1 Answer Aug 5, 2011 at 10:47 PM
    • 9tigers's Profile Photo

wellington, do I need to stop by or?

Wellington Mar 11, 2011 at 7:59 AM

in my mind, new zealand is one of those countries kind of like US and canada where the cities are not necessary to spend time b/c the beauty is outside of city, want to see what is ur opinion on that
      whether I should even bother to drive down to wellington or just go elsewhere of north island ???

7 Answers Mar 17, 2011 at 2:26 AM
    • Ferry Question

Wellington Feb 10, 2011 at 6:40 PM

My family will take a vacation in NZ around mid April. We will take Wellington ferry to Picton the day after arrival. Our ferry is for 5:30, but the last check-in time is 4:30. Do we need to get there around 4:00? Will we wait in long line for check-in our vehicle? Our current plan is to leave Tongariro National Park at 11:00 am. Are we giving us enought time? Any feedback is highly appreciated!

7 Answers Feb 16, 2011 at 9:30 AM
    • Accommodation at Rotorua

Wellington Jan 6, 2011 at 5:07 AM

What is a good recommendation of accommodation in Rotorua or Lake Taupo ?

Please advise

6 Answers Jan 15, 2011 at 1:13 AM
    • Taxi Fare & Serviced Apartment

Wellington Jan 6, 2011 at 12:34 AM

Hi...What is the estimated cab fare from Wellington Airport to City Centre (say Lambon Quay) ?

What is the reasonably price serviced apartment (come with laundry machine) to say in the city centre ?

Thanks

JB

3 Answers Jan 14, 2011 at 11:37 AM
    • romebound's Profile Photo

Coming in Early December - what to wear?

Wellington Nov 13, 2010 at 9:02 AM

hi, i'm coming to a wedding in wellington and afterwards will stay for a few days. how should i pack? i'm also going to Sydney, so i'm going to ask in that forum as well.

thanks!!!

1 Answer Nov 13, 2010 at 2:04 PM
    • romebound's Profile Photo

Need Help re: Wellington Hotel/Airport/Getting to Martinborough

Wellington Nov 11, 2010 at 7:30 AM

hello,

i'm arriving to go to a wedding in martinborough, but my flight from sydney gets in at 12:30 AM!!! my friend and i need to get to a nearby hotel to rest and then get going first thing in the morning.

could you help in figuring out a) which hotel may be best (and good for the price) and b) best way to get to marinborough???

thanks so much!!!!

28 Answers Nov 12, 2010 at 1:02 PM
    • Wellington Botanical Gardens

Wellington Sep 25, 2010 at 10:55 AM

How long should I allow to take the cable car one way to the Wellington Botanical Gardens, walk around the gardens and than walk back to my hotel in the Central Business District? Any other tips will be appreciated.

4 Answers Sep 26, 2010 at 12:37 AM
    • Wellington for easter break

Wellington Feb 6, 2010 at 11:46 PM

Hello All

I was thinking of doing a small trip to Wellington from Melbourne during the Easter break (2 to 7 April) despite how expensive the plane tickets are :S
      so before I go ahead, is everything going to be closed for the easter period? what tours and activity operate during this period? and what things can a tourist do there?

Thanks

41 Answers Jun 19, 2010 at 10:29 PM
    • hi all , plz answer my question

Wellington Jan 14, 2010 at 1:13 AM

hi guys , im going to study in vstoria college in Wellington this year , and im obsessed about soccer i love it , my question is : is there a soccer team for girls in vstoria college ??
      and if there is one , is there Specific conditions to join it??
      and by the way im not from nz sorry for my bad english :(

my love
      :))))

9 Answers Jan 18, 2010 at 12:37 PM
    • Buffet Style Restaurant in Wellington City

Wellington Nov 20, 2009 at 1:36 AM

Hi,

Can anyone recommend a Buffet Style Restaurant at one of Wellington Citys Hotels for Mothers Birthday Dinner - P.S. It has to be midweek on a Wed nite.

Appreciate any recommendations. Thanks Mich :-)

1 Answer Nov 20, 2009 at 2:12 PM
    • Soccer trip

Wellington Nov 2, 2009 at 4:57 AM

Can you please advise the best way to travel from Wellington airport to Westpac stadium. Is it best to go by road or water? Is there a motel near the stadium?

Thanks

4 Answers Nov 9, 2009 at 2:19 AM
    • Interislander ferry question

Wellington Jan 12, 2009 at 8:12 AM

I am looking at taking the Interislander ferry from Wellington to Picton while on vacation. While looking at the fare structure I noticed two prices, one for "Saver Change" and one for "Easy Change"

What are these referring to? What is the difference between to two fares?

Thank you.

2 Answers Jan 12, 2009 at 1:00 PM
    • Bike tours and other things in Wellington

Wellington Dec 29, 2008 at 12:30 AM

My wife and I will be visiting Wellington in February for the NZI Sevens rugby match. We'll be staying at a hotel near the Botanical Gradens and Anderson Park. We are in town but for a few days (6 days I believe) and two of those days will be full of rugby revelry, and a good amount of jet lag, I suppose.

We will see Te Papa, and some other sights I'm sure.

I am interested in bike tours of Wellington and the nearby area. Does anyone know of a reputable bike tour operator in Wellington? I've checked a few websites...but they ALL make themselves seem great. I am looking for some local or travelers with good experiences with bike tour companies.

Sorry it's a bit wordy, my first nigth shift of the week.

Thank you

1 Answer Dec 29, 2008 at 9:44 AM