Wellington Travel Answers

change location

Long Term Accommodation Wellington

by Meena1 Online Now Dec 19, 2005 at 5:50 PM

Dear All,

I am planning to come to Auckland or Wellington to stay and work. Initially I will need somewhere safe and secure to stay for up to the first 6 months. So backpackers hostels and hotels are not really suitable. Does anyone know of such a facility in Wellington whereby we can rent a room for short -medium term safety and security?

Any suggestions welcomed, thanks!!

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • RE: Long Term Accommodation Wellington

by MrsJes Online Now May 2, 2006 at 9:25 PM

I suggest you look at renting. You can do this by going onto www.trademe.co.nz and look under the find a flatmate section - if you are happy to live with others!

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • RE: Long Term Accommodation Wellington

by amariel Online Now Aug 11, 2006 at 8:10 AM

Wellington is very expensive for that sort of thing.
    If you really want to stay and get your bearings, and cheaply, I would suggest Unicomm accomidation- it's a long term usually used by Victoria University students. It's not the best, it's like a dorm, but you can get a meal plan. The building is located on 222 Willis street- and the office is right across the street.
    Otherwise, staying in a backpacker's is not so bad. I encountered many people who did just that- if you clean in a backpackers maybe 3 hours a day, they will usually allow you to stay for free. You would get to know the people there and.... well, it's not a bad alternative.

• JennJenn's Profile Photo

RE: Long Term Accommodation Wellington

by JennJenn Online Now Dec 28, 2006 at 2:04 PM

Flatting is definately the way to go. There are always posters up at hostels of travelers flats. Also is the website trademe.co.nz. Many flats are advertized there. Gumtree is another good accommodation website.

There are loads of places...just depends what you're looking for!

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines