Wellington Travel Answers

change location
Dawn_D's Profile Photo

What to do?

by Dawn_D Online Now Mar 1, 2004 at 1:15 PM

I'm just looking for some advice on what to see and do around Wellington. I'll be here for about 4 months off and on and I'd like to know what I should do during my evenings and weekends without spending a whole lot of money. Places and events where I might meet some locals would be great!! :) So far I've been to Courntey Place and found some nice bars and clubs, but I'm looking a bit more laid back pubs. Any advice? Cheers, Dawn

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • seanquinlan23's Profile Photo

Re: What to do?

by seanquinlan23 Online Now Jul 21, 2004 at 9:14 PM

Get up the cable car to the Botanic Gardens.. Lovely! Kitty O Sheas is a great spot for a good laugh at the w/e. The Grand and Coyotes also! Go to Te Papa Museum, its free and its awesome! The beaches are also nice in Wellington.. get the bus out to island bay or one of the other beaches.. might not be Bikini weather at the moment though!

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • djramey's Profile Photo

Re: Re: What to do?

by djramey Online Now Oct 2, 2004 at 12:22 AM

Take a look at my now under construction Wellington page for some ideas. Court Place is great eh? For laid back pubs you might check out The Dubliner, Bodega, and if you want a more lowkey nightclub type of place (pub to me is kinda what many consider Irish pub) check out Jet. Kitty O'Sheas is nice too although when they have bands you must go upstairs for peace and quiet. To meet others I think you should go out at night. The people in NZ esp Welly are so outgoing and personable this is truely the best way to do it. I only spent a month and a half there and made some decent friends

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines