I am looking to travel around sri lanka from the 21st june to the 30th. I think the best way to get around is with a driver but as I am travelling alone it works out rather expensive.
Hopefully someone else is in the same situation and we could help each other out by sharing!
We will be on a transit at Colombo Airport for 9 hours in the morning. We would like to visit Negombo during the break time and to do little shopping and have a brunch. Can you pl. suggest me a good restaurant to taste Srilankan food? and how much would cost for 4 people for a dishes like Kottu, Fish curry with rice.etc.,
we'll be travelling at the end of July/beginning of August and I'm concerned that we should keep to the northern and eastern parts of the country because of the monsoon.
Can you tell me if the sites in the South and West are still enjoyable at that time of the year ?
thanks a lot,
Hi, I'll be travelling in Sri Lanka with my boyfriend this summer, and I was thinking of renting a car and driving it ourselves. Now, I've been reading all sorts of advice on not driving oneself but rather using a car with chauffeur. I'm reluctant to do this because even though I can see a lot of perks to this (getting good advice etc) I'd much much rather just keep it a "tete-à-tete" trip, with just the 2 of us.
Can you tell me if it is risky to drive in Sri Lanka (we're thinking of going to Trincomalee) for instance ?
Thanks a lot,
Hi everyone, We will be 3 or 5 guys staying in colombo for 4 days. Kindly guide for few things:
1) How can we get to the city from Air port? Bus or Train?
2) where we can find an adequate accmdtn but in cheaper prices? any hotel suggestion?
3) what about food? Halal available? Cheaper or expensive? MCdnlds, Kfc Available?
4) Places to visit specially beaches? not very far but few beaches nearer to colombo that we must do?
5) What about night life in colombo? bars or clubs? suggestions of some bars not very expensive?
6) Any upcoming events on 29th June to 2nd July?
VirtualTourist®© 1994-2013 VirtualTourist.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
|All reports are strictly confidential. Please explain why you are reporting this:|