change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• mankam's Profile Photo

watch sri lanka vs england cricket

Kandy Dec 12, 2014 at 10:27 AM

Will be in kandy , willing to watch Sri Lankan VS England cricket match.Anybody there?

more
    • travelling to negombo dolphine club hotel

Colombo Dec 3, 2014 at 4:04 AM

I am going to Negombo dolphine club hotel so anyone tell me the correct bus route number from pettah ( colombo)
      colomobo to negombo hotel fastest bus Luxury or normal?????

more
    • Airport transfer

Mirissa South Yesterday

Going to Sri Lanka in April 2015. From Colombo flying to Mattala & then traveling to Mirissa. Can anyone recommend reasonable return transfer to and from airport. Public transport no problem. Need websites/timetables and/or costs

more
    • Bladewings's Profile Photo

Daytrip to Bentota?

Bentota Dec 14, 2014 at 6:42 PM

Hi Guys, I'm Samantha and may be travelling to Sri Lanka in January (2015), with my son. Is mid January a good time for a swim at the beach at Bentota? i'm assuming it's quite a safe beach. My son is autistic and loves water. We will likely stay in Dehiwala. A quick search told me I can get an express train early morning to Bentota and also return via train the same day in the late afternoon.

more
    • Accommodation in Colombo near Water's Edge

Sri Lanka Nov 30, 2014 at 6:40 AM

Anyone know a pleasant hotel/guesthouse in Colombo near Water's Edge Congress Center for around 60-80US$/night? Thanks a lot for information!

more
    • Car rental in August

Sri Lanka Dec 6, 2014 at 8:17 AM

Does anybody have experience with renting a car in August? Is it easy to rent a car in August as soon as I arrive in Colombo? Or are chances high everything is booked? I contacted a car rental company in Colombo and they want me to do an advanced payment to confirm the reservation. Perhaps logical but I rather don't. So I am now figuring out what to do best.

Thanks for any reply.
      Wouter

more
    • storing luggage

Sigiriya Nov 29, 2014 at 2:01 PM

Hi,
      We'll be visiting Sigiriya and we'd like to see Sigiriya Rock, but we will not be staying in Sigiriya overnight. Could you please advise if there is any safe place in Sigiriya where we can leave our luggage for a few hours ? Paid storage lockers or any storage office ?
      regards,

Iwona

more
    • Bladewings's Profile Photo

Train the best way from Colombo to Unawatuna? What about toilets on the trip??

Unawatuna Yesterday

I was going to go to Bentota but now Unawatuna beach looks very nice. It is a bit of a further trip. Are there any clean toilets on the trains? The trip is a bit over 2 hours and I'll be with my son. It could be a real problem!

more
    • massot's Profile Photo

SRI LANKA, 14 days in January

Sri Lanka Nov 26, 2014 at 4:25 AM

Probably from 10 to 24 January. Arriving from Qatar, our first visit (we live in Barcelona).
      Also we wont to stay a few days (5-6) in Maldives, and it seems than the best way is a return trip from Colombo.
      What visits do you advice in SLanka? Cities, NP or nature, people, temples,...
      Going around the country, is a good idea to rent a car? IIs it better the train and bus and some taxi or that is too hard (I am 70, in good condition!, travelling with my wife, also fit for the age).
      Do you know a good agency, just to ask for a private travel, and to know prices?
      Thanks, my friends, for any help
      Dr. Roma Massot. Barcelona.
      26th November 2014

more