Travel Answers
Weimar

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• American family of 8 in Weimar for the month of July: children 16, 15, 13, 10, 6, 4.

by sct9 Online Now Jun 20, 2014 at 6:35 AM

Is there a bi-weekly or weekly fresh market? How easy is the local transit system for Americans? Is this a local bus system. We plan to have no car, and passes for long distance trains are pricey for this many people. Is there enough to keep us occupied for a month in town? We LOVE history. Are there day-trip tours of any kind based out of Weimar? Is there a place to rent bikes?

5 Answers Jun 23, 2014 at 1:17 PM
    • Nuremburg area or Erfurt area for 4 days

by Golpe Online Now Dec 6, 2013 at 9:03 PM

I have about 4 days between berlin and points south to stop in nuremburg or Erfurt / Weimar. Comments and suggestions are welcome.
      Thanks

1 Answer Dec 7, 2013 at 1:30 AM
    • nataliegoestojapan's Profile Photo

UNESCO sites?

by nataliegoestojapan Online Now Apr 4, 2008 at 7:08 PM

Is the Herder House listed in the UNESCO World Heritage Sites the same thing as the Kirms-Krackow-Haus? Anybody know? And is the Old High School they mention different from the Civil School? I'm confused.

2 Answers Apr 5, 2008 at 2:50 PM
    • Graceful's Profile Photo

some questions on Weimar and Germany in general

by Graceful Online Now Jul 31, 2005 at 7:22 PM

HI! i will be in weinmar taking an intensive german course in august. I was wondering if anyone could help me out with some things:

How do germans usually dress? is it more casual or elegant, and what would a university student wear? In Italy, most university students do not wear shorts, even if the weather is over 30+ degrees (although this year i saw exceptions) and are generally conservative. I've been told that Germans are generally more casual, but maybe in an academic setting its different?

Are prepaid SIM cards for phones as easy to get and Inexpensive in Germany as they are in Italy (ie 5 euro for a sim card with 5 euro of traffic)? Do i need anything other than an ID?

Are coin laundry services common in Germany? I have not recieved a response from the university about what is(n't) available in the student dormitories, so i was wondering if hours of hand washing my clothes is in my future...

Lastly, does anyone know if there is a Deutsch Bank in Weinmar (and where is it)?

Thanks for the help... possibly more questions to come!

1 Answer Jul 31, 2005 at 9:26 PM
    • lodging in Weimar

by aristoteles Online Now Jan 13, 2004 at 7:03 AM

Please can anybody help me to find a good lodging ( if it's possible with sauna) near to or in Weimar. If it could: not too expensive? This would be very fine to have an answer Mireille

2 Answers Jan 13, 2004 at 8:20 AM