Wayne

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• dining options at the plaza

Albany 17 hours ago

any good places to eat around the plaza?

more
    • singles over 50 party in Mo ozarks on NY Eve

Osage Beach Yesterday

Where do they go and where should they staty

more
    • dobrovod's Profile Photo

Cross Country Skiing, Family Friendly Activities

Banner Elk Dec 17, 2014 at 6:29 PM

My family and I are planning to be in the Banner Elk, Boone or Asheville area for New Year's Eve and Day. Are there good cross country skiing trails in these areas, sledding or tubing? What other activities should we consider as a family?

Thank you.

more
    • MarieSoleil's Profile Photo

childcare in Colorado ski resorts?

Colorado Dec 8, 2014 at 11:21 AM

Need advice on a good skiing resort in Colorado with reasonable child care rates. I've looked at Beaver Creek and Keystone and Durango...if anyone knows please message me! Thanks

more
    • safe area TO LIVE

Nashville Dec 7, 2014 at 11:56 AM

moving to Nashville Tn end of Jan 2015 I SEE SEVERAL APTS CLOSE TO DOWNDOWN WHERE I WILL BE WORKING I AM HOPING NOT TO HAVE TO TAKE THE INTERSTATE CAN ANYONE RECCOMMEND ONE HOPEFULLY ONE WITH GARAGE

more
    • recommendations please

Steamboat Springs Dec 6, 2014 at 8:00 AM

I am going to Steamboat the 2nd week in January and will need to rent skis, boots, poles and helmet. I know if I want convenience I should stick to the mountain, but it's usually more expensive. Maybe not??? Would appreciate some recommendations, as well as some suggestions for restaurants. Also, which is better for transportation from Hayden airport to Steamboat- Alipine vs. Storm Mountain?
      thank you,
      Susan

more
    • rosieweasley's Profile Photo

hollywood sign

Hollywood Dec 23, 2014 at 1:40 PM

In Los Angeles//Hollywood, what is the street from which you can see the Hollywood sign called? (here's the street picture:encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/i...)

more
    • Eitan.R's Profile Photo

Camping in The Islands

Hawaii (State of) Dec 19, 2014 at 8:30 AM

I wonder how the campgrounds in the islands are. I'm planning a campervan trip (more than a year from now) and trying to figure out the best way to enjoy that beautiful state.

more
    • Winter Activities

Wenatchee Dec 18, 2014 at 1:43 PM

Hi,

In lieu of skiing at Mission ridge if there's not enough snow what should we do with our 8 yr old daughter in December?

more
    • Opinions about the Linq?

Las Vegas Dec 18, 2014 at 7:58 AM

We're planning a trip in late March 2015 and I'm looking for a mid strip place to stay. Stayed at Harrahs some years ago, and don't want to spend the $$$ for Caesar's, The Cromwell, etc. I read an article about how the Linq is much improved over the old Imperial Palace, so I'm interested in opinions from people who have stayed there.

more
    • Whale watching

Maui Dec 17, 2014 at 11:51 PM

I'm going to Maui with my family (5 adults) next week. Someone had suggested going whale watching with the Pacific Whale Foundation. I've looked on their website, and they seem to offer a multitude of packages to do the same thing (so it seems).

Any suggestions or experiences with these whale watching tours? They seem like a fun family activity for a reasonable price.

I think the rafting option is a no-go, as my mom can't swim and will be scared to death. She'll want the stability of a boat.

Thanks in advance!

more
    • Moving To Atlanta

Atlanta Dec 15, 2014 at 11:15 PM

Is Murdock Rd area a good place for a family? I searched Google for fairy nice areas to live in, and this one was recommended.

more
    • dlandt's Profile Photo

Good things for kids in KC?

Kansas City Dec 13, 2014 at 6:38 AM

I'm considering taking my nine year old daughter to KC along with another friend who has a daughter the same age. I've browsed some web articles about children's activities in KC and haven't found them all that enlightening so I thought I would ask the VT community where we can take two little girls. We plan to be there between Christmas and New Year's and spend 2-3 days in the city.

And thanks to all the VTers who have put out their favorite BBQ joints! o need to ask about that one again!

more
    • Are there any Taxis or buses that goes to Angola Louisiana State Penitentiary?

Baton Rouge Dec 11, 2014 at 10:00 PM

Do you have Taxis or buses that goes to and from Louisiana State Penitentiary in Angola? Thank you so much!

more
    • nancy531's Profile Photo

Best private party room?

Rehoboth Beach Dec 9, 2014 at 10:00 PM

I'm looking for advice for banquet rooms/private dining rooms in restaurants in Rehoboth Beach. We will be celebrating with around 25 people and we want good food and a private room in town (not rt 1). Let me know your thoughts! Nancy

more
    • April 2015

Grand Canyon National Park Dec 23, 2014 at 1:22 AM

I would appreciate some advice. In April we are doing an LA road trip and this will include a visit to Vegas and the Grand Canyon. Our plan is to drive to the GC from Vegas and stay one night before heading back to LA via Phoenix. Can you advice what is the best Rim for us to visit at the Canyon and will one night be enough time or should we allow 2 taking into account the drive from Vegas. Also can you recommend accommodation.

more
    • Proposal Idea

Waco Dec 22, 2014 at 11:02 AM

I'm looking for an outside area that is safe during sunset in Waco to proposal to my girlfriend, any ideas?

more
    • chain info

Wrightwood Dec 18, 2014 at 3:36 PM

Me And My Family Want To Go Up This Weekend Just To Play In The Snow. Not Ski Or Anything. Will We Need Any Chains? We'll Be Coming From Hesperia And Los Angeles

more
    • From BUF Airport to Niagara-on-the-Lake is a Canadian town located in Southern Ontario

Buffalo Dec 15, 2014 at 4:14 AM

Hi everyone, I have always wanted to visit Niagara-on-the-Lake is a Canadian town located in Southern Ontario and I guess the day has come now....I know it kinda cold right now this time of winter and thinking to travel when springs comes or summer time. My question is which season are pretty good to visit the Niagara-on-the-Lake....I hope this will be answered by the person who lives there or the person who had seen both season and had good experience. My second question is since I will be coming via a plane to Buffalo Airport and from there I had to take some sort of transportation. Is there any reliable cheaper transportation that takes me straight to the lake? I made a little research and found this website http://buffaloexpresstaxi.com/ claiming that they will provide a sightseeing tour without no waiting charge it sounds pretty good to me but just want to make sure if I have another option. Thank you so much for your relevant information and time.

more
    • John195123's Profile Photo

Local Eateries

Socorro Dec 11, 2014 at 10:57 PM

Hi,

I'm going to be in Socorro for a few days and I just wanted to find the best places to eat. I know that's a vague question, but, from a local's perspective, what's the place you go to (or would go to) as often as possible?

Thanks!

more
    • OmegaWoman's Profile Photo

VALLEY OF FIRE STATE PARK NEVADA

Valley of Fire State Park Dec 7, 2014 at 4:06 PM

Is it safe for a woman to walk the trails alone?

more
    • Casperson Beach

Venice Dec 6, 2014 at 6:36 PM

What is the development behind Casperson where a set of stairs goes down to a dock?

more
    • Needing name of a store in Gruene

Gruene Dec 3, 2014 at 8:39 AM

Hoping someone can help me with the name of a store located on Gruene Road. It is one of the last stores, if not the last, on the right if you are going towards New Braunsfel, the same side as Gruene Hall. It has very eclectic metal art, signs, etc.; and I recall a wall of very inexpensive jewelry.
      Thank you!

more
    • Emorei_19's Profile Photo

Decent areas in Houston to Live

Houston Nov 29, 2014 at 6:36 PM

Hey,
      I am from Detroit MI, and I just moved to Conroe, TX with family. I plan to relocate to Houston but I am unaware of what are good sides of Houston to stay on. I am 19 i work 2 jobs and college part time. I want something nice and cheap but not in a bad area. Please help !!

more
    • alex0312's Profile Photo

Mushroom picking

Maine Dec 25, 2014 at 9:07 AM

Hello VTers,

I am looking for some advice of where to stay in Maine if I want to go mushroom picking. I will be traveling with a 3 year old. If anybody knows of any specific lodges or B&Bs that would be great. If not, would anybody be able to suggest an area of Maine that's good for mushroom picking. I'll have a cat with me so driving is not an issue.

I'm trying to show my daughter and my wife the beauty of a northern forest. I'm originally from Belarus and it's pretty far north sp the forests have more pine trees moss and of course chanterelles which is what I'm looking for.

I hope this is not too complicated and thank you to everyone in advance.

more