Waterton Park

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• calgary trains

Calgary Apr 8, 2014 at 3:30 PM

how much fare does it cost if I ride from Marlborough station to chinook station?

more
    • Jasper Itinerary

Jasper National Park Mar 25, 2014 at 2:01 AM

I'm celebrating the big 60 - so I want to make this day special towards the end of June

Planned itinerary: Hotel is in Patricia Ave Jasper

Early trip on Parkfields Iceway - first trip out! continue to Maligine Canyon - Google puts this round trip as 56 minutes - then approx. 2 hours for Parkfields Iceway

Then head in the opposite direction to Moose Lake, Berg Lake - OK I accept we have to come back into Jasper first as Moose Lake is in exactly the opposite direction. Google maps puts this at 54 minute drive

We tend to leave the hotel at about 8am, arrive back by 8pm having eaten and head straight to bed - case of seeing as much as we can - we adjust itineraries on the day as some places are too far. I might be 60 but I'm super charged and have been know to wear my sons out with our previous sightseeing!!

Evening meal: yes I want something nice but restaurant prices seem horribly expensive - could possibly take in lunch instead - thinking of Downstream Restaurant or Jasper Brewing Company - both seem to have reasonably priced food with a fairly decent selection. We can't afford to go too much upmarket as we're on a budget.

Plan to do Lake Louise Lake Bow and others from Canmore

Hoping someone can make my big 60 special! Thanks

more
    • Best time for wildflowers

Banff National Park Apr 9, 2014 at 5:49 AM

Our summer/fall is open. What's the best time for wildflowers in Canadian Rockies and best time for clear skies? I realize the latter is very unpredictable!

more
    • Hot Springs

Jasper National Park Apr 4, 2014 at 2:03 AM

Given that there are 3 hot springs within the par - Banff Hot springs, Radium & Miette which is the best - we could do either of them - more interested in the scenic views. We will be there 22 June until 1st July - will it be warm enough outside in a swimsuit?

Any other addition advice for a newbie visiting Canada for the first time much appreciated. Driving from Canmore through to Jasper on the Canadian Trans high way and looking forward to it. Trying to sort out fuel stations en route - any recommendations please?

Many thanks

more
    • Fuel stops/Rest Stations

Jasper National Park Apr 7, 2014 at 1:29 AM

We are driving the Trans Canadian Highway from Canmore to Jasper in the middle of June. I have been trying to find out rest stations/fuel stations enroute. The only ones I can see are: Hardisty & Deadmans Flat. Someone has mentioned that there is one at Skatchewan Crossing and that it is expensive. Whilst we will start with a full tank of fuel it would be nice to know in advance where the next fuel station is in case we hit traffic. We intend taking a picnic with us but need comfort stops - which are the best stations and the ones to avoid

Many thanks

more