Travel Answers
Waterton Lakes National Park

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Best, but inexpensive way to get from L.B.Pearson to Lombard Street, downtown Toronto

Toronto Oct 1, 2015 at 8:37 AM

First time to Toronto without a car. What is the most inexpensive way, I understand cabs are about $50 plus tip) to get to our hotel on Lombard Street from the airport?

• Interested in Visiting

Canada Sep 26, 2015 at 3:38 AM

I am looking to vacation in a place that has "hot or warm springs". Can you tell me if there is any springs in Canada? If so, is the public allowed to swim in the springs?

• Good day trips?

Montreal Sep 15, 2015 at 7:28 PM

What are some good day trips that can be done from Montreal without a car? Looking for something without needing to rent...

• Wildlife/Stampedes & Weather!!

Canada Sep 21, 2015 at 1:34 AM

OK everyone has heard of the Calgary stampede, much like the Braemer Highland Games!! Are there any provincial stampedes that follow a similar format and are worth seeing

Subjectively I know that this is difficult but when normally do the wildlife start re-emerging - we were driving to Jasper a couple of years back around mid June and there were signs are "they're awake " take precautions etc - is this the norm??

And finally --- we would like to visit Montreal/Ottawa coming up via Boston in April/May = what is the norm for weather?

The reason that I am asking these questions is that my Husband's UK licence expires on 2 July next year so generating codes for car hire around the Calgary stamped dates could be a problem

A lot to ask I know but I would appreciate some info many thanks in advance

• Eastern Canada

Canada Sep 28, 2015 at 11:14 PM

My husband and I are looking to travel to eastern Canada in late May 2016. We would love some advice on where to go as we really don't know much about the destinations in this area. We are probably looking at spending maybe 3 weeks there, so any and all suggestions welcome.

• Montreal Reviews

Montreal Oct 6, 2015 at 2:03 PM

Hey, I'm 17 years old and there is a trip being organized to go to montreal this march break. I have heard there is not much to do there and the trip costs about $600. Do you think it is worth that much and what things can we do in montreal in terms of sightseeing?

• Grocery Stores

Beaupré Sep 24, 2015 at 4:43 PM

Can you tell me if there are any grocery stores in Beaupré

• miccline's Profile Photo

Budget Minded Travel Options between Quebec City and Montreal

Quebec Sep 23, 2015 at 12:34 PM

Hello everyone, I am new to this forum :-) We are planning a trip to Quebec City and thought we would travel to Montreal for the last 2 days of our trip. I was reading on this site about allo stop and kanga ride. I see the websites are still up but google has them as permanently closed. Are they and if so, is there a budget minded travel option between the two cities? Thanks everyone in advance. Mic

• Travel Through Canadian Rockies

Canada Sep 28, 2015 at 11:10 PM

My husband and I will be travelling to Vancouver arriving on 8 May 2016 - we are Australians. We plan to spend a few days in Vancouver and then hire a car to travel through the Canadian Rockies. We are interested in visiting new places and checking out the cities as well as enjoying wonderful scenery. We have never been here before so would welcome advice on the following subjects.

1. How long should we allow in Vancouver.
      2. Driving conditions at that time of year - not used to real winter weather driving and we drive on the other side of the road.
      3. What route should we take to see the best scenery and how long should we allow for travelling and stopping at different locations - overnight stays or more than one night at each stop.
      4. How easy is it to get accommodation at that time of year - should we book ahead.

We would welcome any suggestions on accommodation (we usually look for something that is well located but aren't too fussy, as long as it has a clean and has it's own bathroom), as well as suggestions of what places to stop at and what to see. All comments and suggestions welcome :-)

• Vancouver to Los Angeles

Vancouver Sep 29, 2015 at 5:17 AM

Hi there,

Looking at going on a tour that finishes in Vancouver, and then will be meeting friends in Los Angeles, just wondering is there any suggestions on a good way to get to Los Angeles from Vancouver.

Besides flying, or taking a straight bus trip, is there any companies that offer trips between these two cities that offer a bit of sight seeing in the process. Or what is something I go could do as an adventure and able to sight see?

I'm not confident to go off totally on my own, but would like to possibly have a journey to be able to see and along the coast from Vancouver and Los Angeles.

Cheers muchly,

• RoyG17's Profile Photo

Driving tour

Prince Edward Island Sep 14, 2015 at 6:31 AM

We are coming on cruise ship and only have about 7 hours, I've rented a car and need suggestions of what we can see in that time, or what to avoid!

• lakeside44's Profile Photo

Most Recommended Hiking Trails?

by lakeside44 Online Now May 27, 2015 at 6:49 AM

Hi there, I was wondering what are the most recommended hiking trails in Waterton Lakes NP, (let's say for July through September)--particularly, I was thinking in terms of the most scenic views and/or the safest (in terms of having a good flow of other hikers at this time of year & not isolated) trails.

Thanks, Joe

1 Answer Jun 4, 2015 at 3:47 PM
    • Victoria day

by AllysonO Online Now May 18, 2015 at 7:59 AM

are the stores open on Victoria day ( Monday May 18 2015 )

• Hotel comparison

by CaptainTeener Online Now May 26, 2014 at 12:24 PM

We are planning on either the Alpine Village (a cottage with a King bed) or Bear Mt. Inn (a room with two queen beds) for two nights in early June. We are two seniors, and we like a clean, quiet room with a good bed. We don't need fancy, but we like to watch TV at night and relax in a room that does not feel creepy. Any thoughts from you would be appreciated!

1 Answer Jun 9, 2014 at 9:55 AM
    • Hotel comparison

by CaptainTeener Online Now May 26, 2014 at 8:47 AM

I am waffling between Bear Mountain and Aspen Village. We are two active seniors. We like clean, quiet, a good bed, decent TV. The most updated interior would be preferred....not fancy, just newer furnishings. Debating between a room with two queens at BM and a one king bed cottage at AV. Thank you!

• waterton in April

by haggis58 Online Now Feb 11, 2014 at 7:01 AM

We booked a hotel there over easter ,reply came back saying nothing is open only their own restaraunt and hotel ,is the place realy shut down with nothing open locally -is this just a scam from the hotel

3 Answers Jun 9, 2014 at 9:56 AM
    • Carthew-Anderson Trail

by fendleroc Online Now Sep 18, 2009 at 1:34 PM

does anybody know when that trait usually open ? I plan to hike it in july 2010

thank you

4 Answers Sep 21, 2009 at 8:03 AM
    • How hard is the Crypt Lake Trail?

by Jayciel Online Now Jun 26, 2007 at 1:53 PM

Hi, My husband and I will be visiting Waterton in August, he really wants to hike the Crypt Lake trail. Some things I read make it seem not too bad, others I have read make it seem like you need to be able to run a marathon to hike it. I am in my early 30's and in good health, I am not an avid runner or exerciser but I don't consider myself a couch potato either. Do you think most people could handle this hike if they are in relatively good health?

1 Answer Jun 27, 2007 at 10:08 PM
    • Time Schedule and Cost of Tickets

by Sivakami Online Now Jun 21, 2006 at 11:53 AM

I would like to know what is the time schedule for the Cruise starting from Marina in Waterton Lake.What is the frequency for it?
      What is the cost of the trip?
      I would also like to know if there are public boats to reach the Crypt Lake Trail head?IF so what is the cost and What are the timings?

3 Answers Jun 25, 2006 at 9:24 AM
    • Time Schedule for the Cruising and Boats to Crypt trail

by Sivakami Online Now Jun 21, 2006 at 11:48 AM

I would like to know the timing for the Cruising and in what frequency they are provided and What would be the timings for the boat to go to Crypt Trail?What is the cost of the tickets for the Cruise and the boat?

• Celticseeker's Profile Photo

Windy in Waterton?

by Celticseeker Online Now Jul 2, 2003 at 9:19 PM

Is it always windy in Waterton Lakes National Park (Alberta, Canada)?

4 Answers Jun 25, 2006 at 9:27 AM