Waterford

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Easter Break

by VictoriaVaughan Online Now Apr 10, 2014 at 12:59 PM

What is there to do over the easter down in tramore / waterford? considering a break away!!

4 Answers Apr 13, 2014 at 4:00 AM
    • Hairdressers in Waterford?

by 0876457993 Online Now Sep 11, 2013 at 1:19 PM

Hairdressers in Waterford? Can u recommend any for me?

1 Answer Sep 11, 2013 at 2:50 PM
    • windoweb's Profile Photo

waterford cruise port to train station

by windoweb Online Now Jul 15, 2013 at 2:54 AM

About how far is it to the Waterford train station from the cruise terminal? If we can't walk - would it cost much via taxi to the terminal?
      Thanks
      Catherine

2 Answers Jul 17, 2013 at 8:27 AM
    • Buses in Waterford City, Ireland

by dm_goudie Online Now Jul 6, 2013 at 12:49 PM

Which bus do I take from Waterford bus station to Barrack Street

6 Answers Jul 7, 2013 at 1:17 PM
    • shop name

by elizabeth1951 Online Now May 1, 2012 at 12:45 PM

Visited a shop in Waterford recently which sold clothing and accessories.I saw the most lovely handbag and hoped to go back and buy it however circumstances prevented this.I do not know the name of the shop only that it ran off the Quay side and sold expensive Italian clothes and quirky accessories.Can nay one help me?

5 Answers Mar 12, 2013 at 5:31 AM
    • Forgot Bed and Breakfast

by triziabe Online Now Dec 15, 2011 at 7:22 AM

Oh dear....

Forgot to ask a very important thing...
      Any nice Bed and Breakfast in Waterford? ( money value) or hotel?

Please let me know asap

Thanks!! ;-)

2 Answers Dec 16, 2011 at 2:26 AM
    • Pubs and places to visit

by triziabe Online Now Dec 15, 2011 at 6:50 AM

Hi there,

We will be travelling to Waterford on April 28th until May 1st. I would like to know if there are pubs with irish traditional music ( live)and also if there is any place to dance irish music ( I remember there was The Metropole, but I am not sure if it is closed).

Can you please give me information about this? We really want to have fun in Waterford, but also I want to show my colleagues the traditional irish culture, dancing and music.
      I will also show them Dunmore East and Tramore..

And one more thing... where can we have nice shots to drink? and somewhere to dance? My colleagues are 50 and 36 years old...
      Waiting for your messages... (I want to make a perfect trip!!!)

1 Answer Dec 19, 2011 at 3:24 PM
    • easiaest way to get there

by garybhoy Online Now Apr 4, 2011 at 7:48 AM

i live in glasgow and want to travel to port lairge waterford how do i get there.

4 Answers Apr 11, 2011 at 9:27 AM
    • Things to keep an 8yr old busy on a day trip to Waterford City

by DouglasBD Online Now Jan 24, 2011 at 5:24 AM

Hi I'm based in kilkenny and my daughter and I have to take a day trip to Waterford City on Fri next 28-01-11. The Thing is our business will only take a little while and I dont want to waste a perfectally good opportunity to do something fun while we are there. She is a very creative thinking and artistic child so Id like to find something that would capture her imagination if not just something fun that fills a few hours would be good. Any and all suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks

1 Answer Jan 26, 2011 at 12:36 PM
    • distance from Cork to Waterford

by numberwoman Online Now Jan 5, 2011 at 8:41 AM

How far is it to drive from Cork to Waterford and how long will it take?

6 Answers Jan 27, 2011 at 12:51 PM
    • Waterford to Kilmacow?

by richvenezia Online Now Aug 8, 2010 at 7:03 PM

I am looking to visit Kilmacow (Co. Kilkenny) while in Dublin this fall, and am wondering if I can get there from Waterford? Whether it be by bus, taxi, etc. My family hails from there, and I would love to see where I am from.

Any and all advice would be appreciated. Thanks!!

8 Answers Nov 16, 2010 at 9:24 AM
    • Ronandnancypope's Profile Photo

Waterford Factory - NEW opening June 1, 2010

by Ronandnancypope Online Now Jun 1, 2010 at 10:40 AM

We are arriving on the Queen Victoria Cruise in Cobn, Ireland on July 24th, 2010 and wish to take the Water Factory Tour in Waterford.
      QUESTION:
      Since the ship does not have a scheduled tour - How do we get from the Ship to Waterford City to be able to take the Waterford Factory Tour? Is it possible to arrange transportation through an agency such as Virtual Tourist ?

Ronald Pope - seabeepope@yahoo.com
      Plano, Texas USA

9 Answers Jun 28, 2010 at 1:01 PM
    • Query on Nightlife

by Ganglator Online Now Jan 31, 2010 at 12:17 PM

Hi, we are trying to organise a friends hen party and were thinking of Waterford. no one that we speak to seems to have any feedback on what the nightlife is like! do many hens/stags go there and what is the town like???

• notlistening's Profile Photo

Eating out in Waterford

by notlistening Online Now Jan 27, 2009 at 5:49 AM

Hi All,

There is a small group of six coming to Waterford this summer for a long weekend. We are slowly planning our trip and as some of us have never been to Ireland we wanted to go a little bit authentic when we are eating and drinking ;) out. I am after some advise from the locals as usually they know places that are good, not too expensive and traditional. Any other recommendation of things to do would also be great but that is not essential.

Thanks,

Tom

2 Answers May 13, 2009 at 8:52 AM
    • Help finding name of a bar.

by Toobi-Won Online Now Aug 9, 2008 at 11:31 AM

I had occasion to visit a bar recently in Waterford situated on one of the "quaysides" to the west of Reginald's Tower, I think I crossed at least one road junction to find it.
      It had a black frontage with windows that didn't allow one to see inside, (I seem to remember) being covered to half their height.
      The bar's name looked foriegn and possibly contained the word "america(n)", the name was also framed by two flags, one before and one at the end of the name, which could have been picked out in red.
      It didn't look like the sort of bar a tourist would venture into but myself and two colleagues were made extremely welcome by a quartet of very "colourful" regular customers and within a few minutes were treated like long lost members of their families.
      The reason I need the name of the bar is that I took a number of photographs of the afoementioned regulars and landlord and I promised to send them all copies.
      I know I should have paid more attention to the name of the bar but we were all very "tired" when we finally left the bar to return to the coach, which whisked us on our way.
      If anyone could shed any light on my problem, I would be very grateful.
      TIA
      Toobi-Won

18 Answers Aug 14, 2008 at 10:23 AM
    • ditzrdhd's Profile Photo

Cliffs in Tramore, Ireland

by ditzrdhd Online Now May 19, 2008 at 9:28 AM

I am new here so let me see if I can make a go of it.
      I went to the cliffs in Tramore in 2004, and I am wanting to help a friend plan a trip, is there a "real" name for the cliffs, or is it just the cliffs of Tramore? The place we went was where the diving board is, and says men's only club or something like that. Please help.
      Thanks,
      Diana

4 Answers Jul 12, 2008 at 5:33 AM
    • from Dublin to Waterford

by salonicco Online Now Oct 29, 2007 at 1:48 AM

Hi,
      I have a simple question. Which is the best way to travel from Dublin to Waterford? I'll be travelling on 12th Nov. afternoon and living on 13th evening directly from Waterford to London. Any advice for that evening? Where to eat or to do in just 24 hours? Thanks.

3 Answers Nov 1, 2007 at 11:55 PM
    • looking for the name of a shop in waterford

by kathy26 Online Now Sep 17, 2007 at 7:03 AM

hey;
      am just wondering, i was up in waterford about 3months ago and in a shopping centre there's a shop that sells pictures and photos of icons, celebs etc. some autographed, i was just wondering what the name of that shop was, if they have a website etc.
      thanks for any help!!

1 Answer Sep 29, 2007 at 9:30 AM
    • name of a restrant

by driftirl Online Now Feb 13, 2007 at 4:17 AM

does any1 no the name of the restrant on the cork road by waterford hire??

4 Answers Oct 11, 2007 at 3:06 PM
    • Menu

by VeronicaHolland Online Now Jan 5, 2007 at 6:19 AM

I am trying to arrange a weekend for 12 ladies in Waterford, and wonder if it is possible for me to have a copy of your menu.
      I have forwarded you my email address.

3 Answers Feb 13, 2007 at 6:30 AM
    • Toast

by LouShapiro Online Now Nov 19, 2006 at 7:31 AM

I have been purchasing Waterford crystals for many years. I read a beautiful toast that you had printed in a box of your crystals .It was so appropriate for so many occasions. Please help me find a copy of this toast . Thank You , Lou Shapiro

1 Answer Nov 19, 2006 at 8:20 AM
    • miselemeas's Profile Photo

WEDDING IN JULY FAITHLEGG - ALTERNATIVE ACCOMMODATION THAT WONT BREAK THE BANK?

by miselemeas Online Now Apr 30, 2006 at 7:18 AM

Hi Guys
      Am invited to a wedding in Faithlegg House in July. However, overnight rates pretty steep at €99 per person sharing. Can anyone suggest a hotel or B & B nearby where we can put our heads down for the night? I see from the website that there is a ferry going over to the hotel. Does anyone know what the story is about coming back from the hotel at night? Much appreciated. Thanks.

7 Answers Mar 13, 2007 at 1:11 PM
    • one day in Waterford

by kohaladonah Online Now Jan 10, 2006 at 6:54 PM

We'll be in Waterford in Sept.on a cruise ship. We'd like to do the Waterford factory tour, but don't want to take the ship's tours (too crowded). We're already planning on mostly walking, based on what we've read here, but need to know how to get from the pier
      A. Into town and
      B. To the Waterford Factory.
      We're fine with public transportation - bus or train.

Also, any other suggestions of off the beaten path things we should see/do?

Mahalo!

3 Answers Feb 22, 2006 at 12:56 PM
    • Waterford tour reservation

by Rbean Online Now Jun 27, 2005 at 12:08 PM

Help please! I read in a guide book that a reservation is needed for the Waterford factory tour. My husband and I will be there in August.

2 Answers Jul 13, 2005 at 5:22 AM
    • BeccaMay's Profile Photo

Moving to Waterford

by BeccaMay Online Now Oct 20, 2004 at 8:15 PM

Moving to Waterford from Canada! Any advice?

4 Answers Nov 22, 2004 at 11:56 AM
    • Traveling in Waterford

by jchoats Online Now Sep 27, 2004 at 10:16 AM

If I leave Dublin by car in the morning, will I have time to stop in Waterford part of the day before heading to Kinsale. I would like to have enough time in Waterford to see the crystal factory and still be able to get to Kinsale by 5:00 pm at the latest. Thanks

3 Answers Sep 28, 2004 at 3:23 AM
    • Waterford City; Pubs

by dclairge Online Now Aug 26, 2004 at 7:01 AM

Visited Waterford City many times over the past 15 years and like the city a lot - but the one thing that has eluded me so far is finding a pub I really like. Now I know these things are pretty subjective - different strokes for different folks and all that - but am willing to go on any recommendations, even if it means trying a couple of dozen pubs or more! So if you're a local or have visited the city let me know of your favourite pubs...I'll try them all if I can! Travelling to Waterford on Sat 28th Aug. many thanks, D.

3 Answers Feb 22, 2006 at 1:00 PM
    • kevarms's Profile Photo

Waterford accomodation (cheap)

by kevarms Online Now May 24, 2004 at 1:52 AM

Where's a cheap place to stay in Waterford? All the places I've tried seem to be quite expensive.

8 Answers Jul 5, 2004 at 7:36 AM
    • waterford crystal

by tiajuanita Online Now Jul 1, 2003 at 7:03 PM

is it really a 'deal' to buy and ship waterford crystal there rather than in the u.S.? any stores in particular one should go to?

3 Answers Jul 15, 2003 at 6:29 PM