Waterford Travel Answers

change location

from Dublin to Waterford

by salonicco Online Now Oct 29, 2007 at 1:48 AM

Hi,
I have a simple question. Which is the best way to travel from Dublin to Waterford? I'll be travelling on 12th Nov. afternoon and living on 13th evening directly from Waterford to London. Any advice for that evening? Where to eat or to do in just 24 hours? Thanks.

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • leics's Profile Photo

Re: from Dublin to Waterford

by leics Online Now Oct 29, 2007 at 11:17 AM

www.irishrail.ie has train timetables etc

The train from Dublin to Waterford takes about 2 and a half hours; there are several during the day.

There is also a bus. Journey takes 3 hours. Look at

buseireann.ie/site/your_jour...

for timetable link (service number 4).

waterfordtourism.org/index.h... should give you some ideas n what to do during your time in Waterford.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Maryimelda's Profile Photo

by Maryimelda Online Now Oct 30, 2007 at 9:21 PM

The obvious place to visit in Waterford is the Waterford Crystal Factory. This is truly an eye opener following the process of the manufacture through from beginning to end. If you like good crystal, you will really enjoy the showroom. Best to leave your credit card back at the hotel if you are on a budget because this place is temptation big time.

• ideabuzz's Profile Photo

by ideabuzz Online Now Nov 1, 2007 at 11:55 PM

I did this in 1980 and stopped at Athy and Kilkenny. The castle at Athy was destroyed for the most part in the early part of the century but Kilkenny was lovely. The countryside is great and if you can do a stop along the way take a stroll.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines