Waterford Travel Answers

change location

waterford crystal

by tiajuanita Online Now Jul 1, 2003 at 7:03 PM

is it really a 'deal' to buy and ship waterford crystal there rather than in the u.S.? any stores in particular one should go to?

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • Audrey118's Profile Photo

Re: waterford crystal

by Audrey118 Online Now Jul 1, 2003 at 9:39 PM

Funny but Waterford stores in Malaysia are always going on sale...even my friends from Australia reckon that it is cheaper here in KL than in Melbourne...so I really wonder whethere it is any cheaper in UK at all.... Like I went to Vienna recently, I saw Swaroski crystals much more expensive than other parts of Europe - say Spain!!! and even in Australia...

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • orlikins's Profile Photo

Re: Re: waterford crystal

by orlikins Online Now Jul 2, 2003 at 2:29 AM

I'm not sure about the value, by the time you factor in the exhange rate, postage/packing etc. However you can visit the Waterford Crystal factory shop if you happen to be in that part of the country. They also sell cutlery, silverware, irish woolens and jewelery Orla

• Re: waterford crystal

by jbethd50 Online Now Jul 15, 2003 at 6:29 PM

Buying from the factory in Waterford, even including shipping etc, was much cheaper than buying in the US. I skipped the factory tour and just bought from the store. The prices at the factory were @ 40% less than what I would have paid in the US (this was 2001). Also, and more importantly, you can find items that you will never see in the US

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines