Travel Answers
Waskaduwa

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Does this sound like a good itinerary to you? (19 days)

Sri Lanka 11 hours ago

Hi guys!

We are traveling to Sri Lanka mid July 'till the beginning of August for 18 days. We just made our plan, but it still needs a some fine tuning. All help, advice, remarks, whatever is welcome!

Day 1: arrival Colombo airport + Bus to Anuradhapura.
      Day 2: Biking around in Anuradhapura. In the evening: private driver to Jaffna
      Day 3: motorbike ride around the Jaffna Peninsula. Overnight in Jaffna
      Day 4: private driver to Trincomalee + sightseeing in Trincomalee
      Day 5: Snorkling on Pigeon Island, overnight in Trincomalee
      Day 6: drive to Ritigala Ruins (Is there a bus from Trincomalee to Ritigala?) + hiking. Overnight in the area (suggestions welcome!)
      Day 7: Sigiriya and surroundings, overnight near Knuckles forest reserve.
      Day 8 + 9: hiking and camping in Knuckles forest reserve(guide suggestions are welcome!). At the end, drive to Kandy.
      Day 10: wandering in Kandy. Overnight near Horton Plains national park.
      Day 11: morning hike to World's End. From here to the nearest train station and take the train to Ella.
      Day 12 + 13: Hiking in and around Ella. At the end drive to Pottuvil for overnight (or somewhere near, suggestions are welcome!)
      Day 14: Pottuvil mangrove tour. Overnight near Yala.
      Day 15: Yala safari morning tour (all non touristic and eco friendly safari suggestions are welcome!). drive to Rekawa beach.
      Day 16: Rekawa beach and surroundings + drive to Galle, overnight in Galle.
      Day 17: Visiting Galle
      Day 18: Visiting Galle + drive to Colombo
      Day 19: wandering around in Colombo + late night departure back to Belgium :) :) :)

We'd love to hear your thoughts, your remarks, suggestions ... we're still looking for transport ideas and accommodation, so any advice about that is also very welcome.

Thanks guys! :) :) :)

more
    • Can anyone suggest some travel booking sites?

Sri Lanka 20 hours ago

Hi!

Does anyone have a good experience with booking tours at some sites like that? http://travel2ceylon.eu/

or at some domestic agencies placed in Sri Lanka? I found also one with good feedback here at forums: http://www.srilanka-holiday-tours.com/

pls share some links or companies names. Thank you very much!

more
    • weather in November

Jaffna Apr 27, 2015 at 8:02 AM

hello

we are visiting in early November 2015 and wonder how the weather will be?

will it be rainy all the time?

thank you

more
    • Tovia's Profile Photo

Direct bus from Kandy to Trinkomalee - which bus station?

Sri Lanka Apr 29, 2015 at 9:13 AM

Hello, i'm planning a trip to Sri-Lanka and got some problems trying to find the bus stop and the schedule for direct buses from Kandy to Trinkomalee. There's a lot of information on different sites that the direct bus between these points exists but no one named the bus station and the number of the bus. If anyone knows the exact information, please, answer.

more
    • Travelling Alone

Hikkaduwa Apr 15, 2015 at 3:54 AM

Hello.
      I will be travelling to Hikka this coming July.
      Is it safe for a lady to travel there alone?
      Any places and things you could recommend me in doing and going?
      is USD900 enough for 4 days?

more
    • itinerary in august

Sri Lanka Apr 11, 2015 at 8:34 AM

would appreciate some advise on the itinerary below, think I might be squeezing too much in especially as I'm unaware of distance between places. An idea of travelling time between places would be appreciated and any recommended hotels. Thanks

day one - Negomba (stay for 2 nights)
      day three - Kandy & Pinawela
      day four - Nuwara Ellya
      day five - Yala Reserve
      day six - Galle
      day seven - Indurawa
      day eight - Negomba
      day nine - airport for return home

more