Washington State

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• High School Trip

Vashon Island Apr 7, 2014 at 9:47 AM

I am taking a group of high school students to the Seattle area on April 30-May 2. We will be staying in cabins at Camp Burton on Vashon Island. Are there any potential attractions that high school students might enjoy on the island?

more
    • Olympic NP or Mt. Rainier in May last week

Washington State Apr 15, 2014 at 6:24 AM

Hi All,
      I will be landing in Seattle on Fri night (5/23) and have 2 days with me to see one of Olympic/Mt. Rainier NP

Which one should I select and what should be the "Must See" attractions, keeping in mind that this will be the Memorial Day weekend and some of these place may still be under snow

My main objective is to capture nature/landscape photos, especially around Sunset / Sunrise / Night time. Are there any waterfalls/short hikes that I should see/do ?

Thanks

more
    • GoJayne's Profile Photo

Sound Garden in Mangussen Park???

Seattle Mar 20, 2014 at 3:52 PM

I discovered this "site" on your forum pages, but the latest update is from 2005.
      Can any one tell me if it is still accessible to the public, and still there?
      Sounds really cool!
      Thank you - (heading to Seattle in May)

more
    • taxi from airport

Seattle Apr 8, 2014 at 6:34 PM

Does anyone know how much it will cost to take a taxi from Sea-Tac International airport to the Space Needle area?

Thanks!

more
    • Olympic NP or Mt. Rainier in May last week

Washington State Apr 15, 2014 at 6:24 AM

Hi All,
      I will be landing in Seattle on Fri night (5/23) and have 2 days with me to see one of Olympic/Mt. Rainier NP

Which one should I select and what should be the "Must See" attractions, keeping in mind that this will be the Memorial Day weekend and some of these place may still be under snow

My main objective is to capture nature/landscape photos, especially around Sunset / Sunrise / Night time. Are there any waterfalls/short hikes that I should see/do ?

Thanks

3 Answers Apr 15, 2014 at 1:18 PM
    • taxi from airport

Seattle Apr 8, 2014 at 6:34 PM

Does anyone know how much it will cost to take a taxi from Sea-Tac International airport to the Space Needle area?

Thanks!

6 Answers Apr 11, 2014 at 10:09 AM
    • High School Trip

Vashon Island Apr 7, 2014 at 9:47 AM

I am taking a group of high school students to the Seattle area on April 30-May 2. We will be staying in cabins at Camp Burton on Vashon Island. Are there any potential attractions that high school students might enjoy on the island?

2 Answers Apr 7, 2014 at 12:23 PM
    • GoJayne's Profile Photo

Sound Garden in Mangussen Park???

Seattle Mar 20, 2014 at 3:52 PM

I discovered this "site" on your forum pages, but the latest update is from 2005.
      Can any one tell me if it is still accessible to the public, and still there?
      Sounds really cool!
      Thank you - (heading to Seattle in May)

5 Answers Mar 24, 2014 at 11:42 PM
    • washington state in 8 days

Washington State Mar 16, 2014 at 2:50 PM

we are interested in seeing the following-is it too much? Have we missed something that we should have included?

Seattle,Olympic NP, San Juan Island area, Anacortes, North Cascades. leavenworth, Mt. Ranier, Mount St. Helens, Victoria

7 Answers Mar 17, 2014 at 8:09 PM
    • public transportation from Bremerton to Anacortes WA.

Seattle Mar 9, 2014 at 8:28 PM

I need public transportation from Bremerton to Anacortes WA. We are seniors with suitcases so nothing to taxing.Thanks

3 Answers Mar 10, 2014 at 12:22 PM
    • looking for recommendations for accommodation for Family of 6

Seattle Mar 7, 2014 at 3:56 AM

we plan to be in Seattle in July 2014 or 3-4 days
      we thought maybe an apparthotel, Appartment short term rental, or some other suitable accommodation for a Family of 6

3 Answers Mar 7, 2014 at 11:38 AM
    • Lapush Washington

La Push Mar 2, 2014 at 8:53 AM

Is Lapush Wa a dry county? or was it ever a dry county?

5 Answers Mar 2, 2014 at 5:42 PM
    • hoothowle's Profile Photo

5 day itinerary leaving from seattle

San Juan Islands Mar 1, 2014 at 6:41 AM

where to stay and what areas to see

3 Answers Mar 1, 2014 at 9:07 PM
    • traveling from Washington to illinois via California, Nevada, Colorado, Iowa need one more driver.

Seattle Jan 30, 2014 at 3:41 PM

need a travel buddy to travel cross country , is anyone interested? please e mail sasanka1984@hotmail.com?

1 Answer Jan 31, 2014 at 11:51 AM
    • best streets to walk

Everett Jan 30, 2014 at 7:14 AM

will be in town in evening. where we can go for a walk, stay and nice restaurant for late dinner?

2 Answers Jan 30, 2014 at 7:37 PM
    • Best way to travel on a budget

Washington State Jan 27, 2014 at 11:40 AM

Howdy all,

A couple of British backpackers are looking for cheap methods of transport along the west coast. Our trip starts in Vancouver, and we'd like to see Seattle, Portland, northern California, San Francisco and eventually LA, where we have a flight to catch. Time of the year is May, and we only have 9 days! So it will be fast and action packed.

Excluding flights, which we don't want to do for obvious reasons, we have the options of either train (which I imagine will be pricey) car rental, and lastly bus. The car gives us the greatest freedom, but factoring in driving distance of around 1500 miles gas as well as 9 days rental, seems like this is easily more expensive than buses (even between various west coast stops). Maybe the best idea would be to bus down between Vancouver and say northern Cali, when we then pick up a car for this stretch to San Fran?

If you could recommend the best area on this route for 3 days rental, with maybe some of the best sites you can only see with a car! That would be massively appreciated, with any other suggestions for our trip too?

Many thanks

14 Answers Feb 2, 2014 at 1:55 PM
    • Parking for the weekend downtown seattle, where is the best rate?

Seattle Jan 22, 2014 at 4:24 PM

I am going to be staying a full weekend downtown seattle and need to park my car somewhere cheap. The hotel i'm staying at charges $35 a night and was wondering if their was anywhere cheaper? My hotel is on fifth but I would leave it anywhere in the downtown area if it was cheaper. Thanks in advance!

5 Answers Jan 23, 2014 at 3:41 PM
    • RickinDutch's Profile Photo

A good R&R spot on the Columbia

Washington State Jan 14, 2014 at 5:38 PM

Planning a trip to multiple family gatherings in June/July of 2014. Will fly into Missoula, Montana, rent a car and spend 4-5 days with family north of there on Seeley Lake. Will then drive to Maupin, Oregon, SE of Portland on the Deschutes River. Am looking for advice for a place to stay and rest up along the way. Wife and I really need some downtime between family gatherings. Am wondering about a nice hotel/lodge somewhere along the Columbia River perhaps to spend 2 nights and a full day. Historical or relaxing or both.
      Plan on taking I90 to the US395 to the I82
      Any suggestions?

2 Answers Jan 15, 2014 at 9:41 AM
    • My duaghter's 16th birthday dinner

Olympia Jan 2, 2014 at 12:26 PM

Looking for a nice, but fun place for my daughter's 16th birthday dinner. She doesn't want a big party, so we want to take her somewhere modern and nice...any ideas?

2 Answers Jan 2, 2014 at 6:22 PM
    • YimL's Profile Photo

Traveling to Whidbey Island in December

Whidbey Island Dec 18, 2013 at 9:34 AM

Hi, my mom is here visiting from the east coast. Is it too cold to visit Whidbey during this time of the year? Any suggestions on where to go that doesn't include skiing and snowboarding?
      Thank you!

4 Answers Jan 14, 2014 at 10:58 AM
    • travel from Southwest WA to Northwest WA

Port Orchard Nov 4, 2013 at 10:55 PM

How do I get from Vancouver, Washington to Port Orchard, Washington?

4 Answers Nov 5, 2013 at 12:25 PM
    • Night Life for mature people in Olympia/Lacey WA

Olympia Nov 2, 2013 at 7:48 PM

Is there a night club (could be combination club/restaurant) in Olympia or Lacey for mature people who like to dance, listen to music and like to dress for the evening?

1 Answer Nov 2, 2013 at 8:58 PM
    • Rainier14's Profile Photo

Alternate hikes near Ashford since Rainier is closed.

Ashford Oct 11, 2013 at 9:10 PM

I just now joined and haven't had a chance to look around the site yet but my question before I was directed to join was this: I had planned to do some hiking this weekend at Rainier, however, since the park is closed, I was wondering if anyone had any ideas where I might be able to do some light to moderate hiking near Ashford since that is where I am staying. I have heard about some trails around the area for Mt Tahoma. Keep in mind I will be hiking solo and have very little knowledge of the surrounding area (excluding Mt Rainier which I hike as many days of the month as possible). I have done a preliminary search online and found the MTTA but was hoping to get some more personalized information (such as- the hardest trail to get lost on or -the best trail for someone with bilateral knee injuries). Can anyone give me directions and advise/tips for Mt Tahoma or anything near Ashford that will provide me with a mild to moderate workout for about 4hrs? I would very much appreciate it-and explain it to me like I'm 7 y/o, I'd rather have too much information than not enough. Thanks!

4 Answers Oct 21, 2013 at 12:40 PM
    • Best Place to search for Sea Glass

Seattle Oct 3, 2013 at 5:06 PM

My sister and I are going to be in Seattle Washington the end of the 3rd week in Oct. We would like to some sea glass. Can anyone tell us where is the best place to go to find some. Thanks

2 Answers Oct 3, 2013 at 9:21 PM
    • KristaS6's Profile Photo

Looking for a hotel recommendation

West Seattle Sep 26, 2013 at 11:08 PM

I'm looking for a hotel near the ferry to Vashon Island- Is The Grove hotel recommended? Or another one?

2 Answers Sep 27, 2013 at 12:04 PM
    • poepat's Profile Photo

Orca Whales, best place and month

Seattle Sep 22, 2013 at 1:08 PM

Hi travellers. We are venturing from our normal S E Asia travels and decided to venture to these parts hoping to get some good excursions to see the Orca / killer whales in their natural environment.
      part question....
      Which is the best place to arrange such sightings Vancouver or Seattle

What is the best month to maximise sightings

We are hoping to go in October, is this too late?
      Many thanks
      POEPAT

4 Answers Sep 23, 2013 at 11:52 AM
    • Wine Country:

Washington State Sep 21, 2013 at 8:12 AM

Looking to tour the wine country but don't know where to begin. Does anyone have any advice??

4 Answers Sep 21, 2013 at 9:11 PM
    • Lobster in Boston

Boston Harbor Sep 12, 2013 at 10:55 AM

we are going into Boston near Quincy Market...is there a place for lobster nearby can't come to Mass without Lobster

4 Answers Sep 14, 2013 at 8:36 AM
    • gerryexide's Profile Photo

Trip to Spokane from Seattle

Spokane Sep 12, 2013 at 4:36 AM

We are planning to visit Spokane via car from Seattle this end October 2013. What is the overall weather we can expect and what places and activities we can do? Thanks

4 Answers Sep 12, 2013 at 2:22 PM
    • Blues Bar in Olympia

Olympia Sep 11, 2013 at 9:43 AM

Best Blues Bar in Olympia?

3 Answers Sep 11, 2013 at 12:12 PM
    • The Old Wenatchee Apple Capital of the World sign

Wenatchee Sep 2, 2013 at 1:26 PM

Does anybody have a good photo of the OLD Apple Capital of the World sign? The one that said population and was up in the 70's?

• Swimming in Wenatchee

Wenatchee Aug 31, 2013 at 5:44 PM

Where is the best place close to Wenatchee to take my little ones swimming for the day?

1 Answer Aug 31, 2013 at 10:10 PM
    • diamond_skies's Profile Photo

Mountain Biking in Leavenworth

Leavenworth Aug 27, 2013 at 1:46 PM

If we hire mountain bikes in Leavenworth, are there any trails accessible from the town (within a couple miles or so of the town center) or would we have to transport the bikes to the trails?

Thanks.

2 Answers Aug 29, 2013 at 2:01 PM
    • Commutting from Clinton to Bothell

Whidbey Island Aug 27, 2013 at 11:27 AM

How can you utilize the public system best to commute M-F from the Clinton ferry terminal to Bothell; off of 405? Can this be done?

3 Answers Aug 27, 2013 at 12:14 PM