Washington D.C.

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Family vacation

Washington D.C. Jun 30, 2014 at 6:28 PM

Hi all! I was in Washington D.C back in 1990. I now would like to bring my family that includes a 10 year old and a 14 year old. I realize things are different now and I would like to know a safe, cheap place to stay (obviously outside downtown)that would include being able to access most sites via the metro. We plan on flying in so airport shuttles would be helpful since we don't plan on renting a car. Any other helpful hints would be great. I am hoping to book very soon. Thanks much!

more
    • Driving to Union Station

Washington D.C. Jul 17, 2014 at 6:39 AM

I need to meet someone at Union Station around 1pm on a weekday. I'll be driving from a hotel near Dulles airport. On the map, driving to Union Station looks fairly straightforward along I-66 and Constitution Avenue, and I understand there is parking available at the station. Is driving through the city a mad idea? Would it be better to park at Vienna Metro and ride in on the train?

more
    • riorich55's Profile Photo

Hotel Near Metro

Washington D.C. Jun 29, 2014 at 1:13 PM

My wife and I will be arriving in Washington D.C. via rail and departing from Reagan National so we want to pick a spot within a block or two of the Metro. Any suggestions? Don't want to pay top $$$ and don't mind staying outside of Central D.C.

more

Popular Washington D.C. Travel Answer Locations

• Driving to Union Station

Washington D.C. Jul 17, 2014 at 6:39 AM

I need to meet someone at Union Station around 1pm on a weekday. I'll be driving from a hotel near Dulles airport. On the map, driving to Union Station looks fairly straightforward along I-66 and Constitution Avenue, and I understand there is parking available at the station. Is driving through the city a mad idea? Would it be better to park at Vienna Metro and ride in on the train?

5 Answers Jul 19, 2014 at 11:37 AM
    • Family vacation

Washington D.C. Jun 30, 2014 at 6:28 PM

Hi all! I was in Washington D.C back in 1990. I now would like to bring my family that includes a 10 year old and a 14 year old. I realize things are different now and I would like to know a safe, cheap place to stay (obviously outside downtown)that would include being able to access most sites via the metro. We plan on flying in so airport shuttles would be helpful since we don't plan on renting a car. Any other helpful hints would be great. I am hoping to book very soon. Thanks much!

3 Answers Jun 30, 2014 at 7:52 PM
    • riorich55's Profile Photo

Hotel Near Metro

Washington D.C. Jun 29, 2014 at 1:13 PM

My wife and I will be arriving in Washington D.C. via rail and departing from Reagan National so we want to pick a spot within a block or two of the Metro. Any suggestions? Don't want to pay top $$$ and don't mind staying outside of Central D.C.

8 Answers Jun 29, 2014 at 9:14 PM
    • Where should i stay and go ???

Washington D.C. Jun 5, 2014 at 11:37 PM

I am planning to New York from July 3 to 6. My team has 2 guys. I want to ask where should i go and stay in 3 days. I want to save money. I can sleep at public place , any where i can sleep. Please suggest a schedule for us. Thank you.

4 Answers Jun 8, 2014 at 4:56 AM
    • Best places to eat near the National Mall

Washington D.C. May 28, 2014 at 5:34 AM

Where are the beat places to eat near the National Mall?

5 Answers May 29, 2014 at 5:33 AM
    • whats the picture of the people rising the flag monuments name?

Washington D.C. May 20, 2014 at 5:38 AM

whats the picture of the people rising the flag monuments name?

3 Answers May 22, 2014 at 7:26 PM
    • i have a question

Washington D.C. May 20, 2014 at 5:37 AM

whats the picture of the people rising the flag monuments name?

2 Answers May 20, 2014 at 5:55 AM
    • Travel from Washington DC to downtown New York City

Washington D.C. May 19, 2014 at 1:10 AM

What options exist..??

4 Answers May 20, 2014 at 5:54 AM
    • LeighannW's Profile Photo

In and Around McLean & Washington DC

Washington D.C. May 11, 2014 at 4:26 AM

Hi all,
      I'm travelling to the US in August this year, I'm staying with friends in McLean VA. It's my first time visiting and am extremely excited to be visiting the US.
      Nothing in the world of google and it's various apps is even remotely helpful, I would like to know, if it's easy to use the Metro? I mean for someone who has only used the London Underground a handful of times!
      Is it easy to go from McLean to Washington DC?
      What are the neighbouring towns like for entertainment, shopping, sightseeing, or is it worth heading to DC most days?

I'm not renting a car (haven't planned to at least)and also will have two boys aged under 10years old with me who live in McLean.

Any information would be helpful on travelling around the area, things that are highly recommended to see, shopping and the people.

Thank-you in advance.
      Overly cautious, country English girl. X

6 Answers May 11, 2014 at 2:48 PM
    • Need your opinion for hotel choice - Palomar or Willard?

Washington D.C. Apr 28, 2014 at 4:34 AM

Hi, I'm choosing my hotel for a 4 nights' stay in DC at the end of July. It's my first time in DC! I've pinned down my choice to two hotels.

Hotel Palomar

830 USD (inlcuding tax) for a Double Executive room with breakfast

http://www.hotelpalomar-dc.com

tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel_Revi...

The Willard InterContinental

1150 USD (including tax) for a Deluxe King room with breakfast, free upgrade on arrival subject to availability, $100 USD Food & Beverage credit 

washington.intercontinental....

tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel_Revi...

I've read great things about both and it's so difficult to decide!

5 Answers May 1, 2014 at 5:01 AM
    • ali0037's Profile Photo

learn english

Washington D.C. Apr 20, 2014 at 1:05 AM

i have short course in washigton d c .... i forget lettle from my english..
      who i get some one stay with me just one week to talk to me ?

1 Answer Apr 20, 2014 at 9:44 AM
    • Homanded's Profile Photo

GOOD AND MODERATELY PRICED PLACES TO EAT.

Washington D.C. Apr 19, 2014 at 5:29 PM

Coming to DC for 5 days in June.
      Big foodies here but are more into local places to sample good traditional regional cooking.
      Doesn't have to be anything fancy, in fact, we prefer it not to be.
      Not touristy but rather somewhere the locals eat.

Hoping to hear from some people living in the area or who frequent the area often and are familiar with our requisites.

Thanking all in advance,

Homer (and Ed).

2 Answers Apr 20, 2014 at 2:53 AM
    • rosieweasley's Profile Photo

what to bring & what to see

Washington D.C. Apr 15, 2014 at 5:43 PM

what should I bring (I'm going in the middle of July) and what should we visit for young kinds (around 10 y.o.)?

Thanks
      Rosalie

3 Answers Apr 16, 2014 at 3:34 PM
    • violette_ca's Profile Photo

Good beer brewery not too far from the mall

Washington D.C. Apr 9, 2014 at 9:37 AM

Hi, Can someone tell me where i can find artisanal beer in Washington Dc? Beer brewery where we can eat with a good artisanal beer. We will be in Washington in may. We would like to find something not too far from the mall. Thank you.

4 Answers Apr 9, 2014 at 5:33 PM
    • alycat's Profile Photo

A beachside vacation?

Washington D.C. Apr 2, 2014 at 2:30 PM

Hello all,

Please suggest ideas for a beachside weekend getaway from DC for a couple..anything under 2-3 hour drive. Small condo/resort/cottage for accommodation and good seafood restaurants near the beach!

Thanks
      Ali

6 Answers Apr 10, 2014 at 7:19 AM
    • violette_ca's Profile Photo

Android Apps, Washington

Washington D.C. Feb 27, 2014 at 9:56 AM

Hi folks,
      Do you know best free apps for museum, attractions or something like podcast, cityaudio guide (mp3)?
      I would like to have something to do on my way to Washington by bus.
      TYou :-)
      Violette

4 Answers Apr 9, 2014 at 1:50 PM
    • Budget Accomodation in Washington DC

Washington D.C. Feb 21, 2014 at 2:19 AM

Hi, can anyone recommend a reasonably priced hostel or budget hotel near Metro stations in Washington DC. Thanks.
      Casey.

6 Answers Apr 10, 2014 at 9:32 AM
    • Foundryman1's Profile Photo

Taking the VRE from Fredericksburg to National airport

Washington D.C. Feb 18, 2014 at 7:38 AM

I've decided to skip the drive and parking at National and try taking the VRE .

I know I'll have to transfer to metro somewhere between Springfield and Alexandria so....

Where's the best transfer station?
      Which line do I take?

Thanks everyone! - C

5 Answers Mar 4, 2014 at 7:30 AM
    • MacedonianUK's Profile Photo

Hotels in DC for the VT meet in Oct

Washington D.C. Jan 31, 2014 at 4:47 AM

Hey peeps
      I am all excited about DC meet in Oct, so I started making plans.
      Any of you getting ready as well?
      Have a bit of a problem, booking hotels, my usual chain ( frequently used when in USA ) is not available in DC but in Alexandria, Arlington and few satellite towns.
      After the meet I'm planning of two weeks road trip going south, all the way to the Big Easy and back to fly home.
      Now I planned to rent a car on my last day of the meet for the trip.
      Problem I have is that on the meet page there is not proposed area of DC for the meet ( big sprawling city) and I don't know where ( area)to look for hotels if I use my usual chain than I will need car to get places in DC which will be pain parking and extra cost.
      Keep looking on the map and the map look small from this side of the screen, but in effect is totally different story on the ground..
      So do I book on the outskirts or in the DC and if in DC where exactly? What is the safe areas,close to everything and easy accesable by metro.
      Help!!
      Valentina

29 Answers May 11, 2014 at 2:48 PM
    • SAFE HOTEL

Washington D.C. Jan 23, 2014 at 5:34 PM

TAKING THE FAMILY ON A TRIP TO WASHINGTON DC. LOOKING FOR A SAFE HOTEL OR RENTAL PROPERTY TO STAY AT.

2 Answers Jan 24, 2014 at 4:14 AM
    • Dek39's Profile Photo

Washington and Road Trip

Washington D.C. Jan 18, 2014 at 3:03 AM

I am considering doing a trip to washington In September this year, I was initally going to do a trip around New England, but may change this.
      My Plan is Washington DC-Virginia Beach (VI)-Bethany Beach (DE)-Philadelphia-Atlantic City (NJ)-Washington DC
      Is this trip Feasible in 15 days/nights?
      My plan is:-

Washington 3 nights

Virginia Beach 3 nights
      Bethany and somewhere else in Delaware 3 Nights
      Philadelphia 2 Nights
      Atlantic City 2 Nights
      Washington 1 night
      This gives me a spare night and I will stop off somewhere between Atlantic City and Washington.
      Would this be a good journey to do? Any suggestions of what I may change?
      Thanks

8 Answers Jan 19, 2014 at 7:40 AM
    • Visiting D.C.

Washington D.C. Dec 17, 2013 at 4:45 PM

Thinking about visiting Washington D.C. in the summer. What are the best tours to take? I would like to see at least the white house, the smithsonian, and the capital building

5 Answers Dec 19, 2013 at 8:13 AM
    • Waterfront Engagement Photography

Georgetown Dec 6, 2013 at 11:34 AM

Is a permit required for engagement sessions at Waterfront Park?

• Locals customs

Washington D.C. Dec 2, 2013 at 8:45 PM

What are some of the cultural customs of Washington, D.C. Residents?

1 Answer Dec 2, 2013 at 9:32 PM
    • clothes required to pack for Herndon Virginia

Washington D.C. Nov 24, 2013 at 2:01 AM

hi what kind of clothes should i pack when going to Herndon Virginia in 1st week of December this year

4 Answers Nov 27, 2013 at 10:07 AM
    • What to do around Washington DC

Washington D.C. Nov 6, 2013 at 8:19 AM

Hi
      My wife and I will be arriving in Washington towards the end of June next year for a family wedding on July 4 in the city. We will be staying with friends in Maryland for a couple of days, but would then like to explore perhaps down the Blue Ridge Highway, heading back to DC for July 4. We don't leave till July 9, so is there enough to do in the city between the 5th and the 9th or should we look to get out and see the surrounding area during that time? Sorry for so many questions, but we've not been to this part of the US before! Thanks!

7 Answers Apr 16, 2014 at 3:33 PM
    • moscoba's Profile Photo

Christmas lights show stops - driving from washington dc to roanoke, va

Washington D.C. Oct 29, 2013 at 10:15 PM

We will be driving from Washington DC to Roanoke, VA one week before Christmas. If you know any Christmas lights show along the way, will appreciate any info Thanks.

1 Answer Nov 16, 2013 at 12:53 PM
    • LynnieAshB's Profile Photo

D.C with kids: ages 3 & 9

Washington D.C. Oct 27, 2013 at 10:40 AM

My sister and I are trying to decide on a trip with my two nephews for next Spring/Summer. D.C is one of our choices. The kids will be ages 4 and 9. Are there things for both of them to enjoy? I know the 9 year old will be good with the Smithsonian museums. I'm more concerned about the 4 year old. Any tips on places he would enjoy? Thinking at least the Air & Space Museum...

4 Answers Nov 5, 2013 at 7:07 AM
    • metro pass

Washington D.C. Oct 17, 2013 at 10:13 AM

does each person need their own pass or can we all use the same card

3 Answers Oct 19, 2013 at 4:12 PM
    • metro pass

Washington D.C. Oct 17, 2013 at 9:26 AM

Never been to Washington, how much is metro pass and how does it work?

2 Answers Oct 18, 2013 at 7:47 AM