Washington D.C. Travel Answers

change location
violette_ca's Profile Photo

Washington DC to Potomac Mills Mall, by public transport or day excursion

by violette_ca Online Now Mar 11, 2013 at 9:46 AM

Hi folks, Is it possible to find transportation to the Potomac Mills Mall Outlet? Like maybe a day trip or bus transportation. Thank you. :-)

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • xymmot's Profile Photo

by xymmot Online Now Mar 11, 2013 at 9:53 AM

there is a transit system that does go there, but you have to jump many hoops. It is possible from D.C., but not advisiable as most travelers on these buses are commuters to Washington D.C. and back. Best to find a ride with a friend or even rent a car to bring back all your purchases.It is at least 20 to 30 miles outside the district and there are many other stores to go to in D.C. like Tysons corner and the annex. If you need more help, let me know, I will monitor your post, or drop me a e-mail.and thanks for the tips. 

cheers tommy x

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • xymmot's Profile Photo

Re: Washington DC to Potomac Mills Mall, by public transport or day excursion

by xymmot Online Now Mar 11, 2013 at 10:12 AM

Ah ha, found a great sight and will paste the article here and a link to the site.
    I’m visiting Washington DC with Girlfriends and want to SHOP! How do I use public transportation to get to Potomac Mills Mall?

Picture it – you’re in nation’s capital with your girlfriends, mom or sister. You’ve toured the museums, have eaten plenty and indulged in spa treatments. You’ve had a delightful vacation so far, yet you feel a void. A shopping void!

No girlfriend getaway vacation is complete without shopping! The Metro DC area has awesome boutiques and shopping centers – one of the largest and most popular is Potomac Mills Mall, located in Woodbridge, Virginia. It’s an amazing DC shopping destination with awesome stores such as Coach Factory, Calvin Klein, BCBG Maxazria and countless more.

Located 30 miles from Washington, DC, Potomac Mills is located just off Virginia’s I-95 (Exit 158B). Carless and still want to shop? No problem! The closest Metro-train station is the Franconia-Springfield station (Blue Line). On weekdays, you can take an easy OmniRide bus ride from the Franconia-Springfield Metro station to the mall. Please visit prtctransit.org/commuter-bus... for "Prince William Metro Direct" a.m. and p.m. schedules. ***On weekends, you may take a taxi cab from the Metro to the mall, simply stop by the Guest Services Booth in Neighborhood 4 for assistance.***

Don’t deprive yourself from shopping at the fabulous Potomac Mills mall, just because you’re without wheels. Hop on the OmniRide bus and let your shopping adventure begin!

link to sight is:::::::examiner.com/article/travel-...

cheers tommy x and thanks for the tips

• Re: Washington DC to Potomac Mills Mall, by public transport or day excursion

by Kristina225 Online Now Nov 27, 2013 at 7:49 PM

Hey Violette, did you manage to find a way here at all? Thinking of going down on Friday but the bus schedule seems a little confusing, thanks Kristina

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines