Washington

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• air to train

Richmond Aug 11, 2015 at 1:35 PM

What is the best way to get from the Richmond Airport to the Main Street Amtrak Station, due at the train at 9:30am?

more
    • Richmond, Virginia murals at Bank Of America Center 1111 East Main St.

Richmond Aug 14, 2015 at 12:23 AM

I saw these murals at the Bank Of America Center and would like to find out about them such as the artist, if they have a title and what it represents. It looks like some type of scenic area in the area but I live in Seattle so I am not familiar with this area.

No one in Richmond seems to know anything about them: visitor information, the library, even the Bank Of America Center itself. Any information anyone can provide
      would be appreciated. I found them very fascinating.

Gary

more
    • Kardrew's Profile Photo

A week roadtrip from Washington

by Kardrew Online Now Sep 17, 2014 at 12:37 PM

Hello. We have a week from next Friday to do a road trip from Washington. We were thinking of driving to Virginia/ West Virginia - Blue Ridge mountains ??? We love beautiful scenery, rural environement, small quaint towns, little quirky places. Can anyone provide any advice on a good trip leaving from & returning to wahington that may suit us. Much apprreciated

4 Answers Sep 19, 2014 at 2:09 PM
    • samtin's Profile Photo

What neighbourhood to stay in (which is served by the metro)

by samtin Online Now Dec 13, 2010 at 5:29 AM

Sorry, this is probably another variation on the theme of so many previous posts but I wondered - if I can't afford to stay in downtown DC but am willing to ride in on the metro each day (for a five day spring vacation), which line/area is best for relatively priced reasonable accommodation and not too long a commute. I am interested in visiting the usual - monuments, Smithsonian and other museums. Thanks,
      Sam
      from England

5 Answers Dec 15, 2010 at 2:20 AM
    • redroses1k's Profile Photo

cheap accommodation near Washington

by redroses1k Online Now Apr 2, 2010 at 12:32 PM

I'm looking for low cost accommodation from end of April 2010 for three months. Can you help please? Thanks.

3 Answers Apr 3, 2010 at 7:15 AM
    • Springhill Suites or Raddison in Chantilly, Va?

by Fyrecat1 Online Now Apr 18, 2008 at 4:35 AM

Wondering if anyone has stayed there or knows anything about them? My husband and I are planning a weekend trip, and these places have affordable rates.

1 Answer Apr 18, 2008 at 5:55 AM
    • Holiday Inn on the Hill and neighborhood

by bertoiaj Online Now Apr 30, 2007 at 7:38 PM

I will be in DC June 20-27 and have booked into the Holiday Inn on the Hill, which seems fairly central...is the neighborhood good? I will be going daily to the DC convention center, up New Jersey Ave to Massachusetts Ave to Mt Vernon Square. I am a book lover and know about Kramer's books in the Dupont Circle area, any other book store recommendations?

1 Answer May 1, 2007 at 9:39 AM
    • Accommodations

by sanscott Online Now Sep 19, 2006 at 9:48 AM

Any suggestions for clean, moderate accommodations near the Mall in Washington, DC?

How about B&Bs?
      Thanks

• Accommodations

by sanscott Online Now Sep 19, 2006 at 7:53 AM

Any suggestions for clean, moderate accommodations near the Mall in Washington, DC?

How about B&Bs?
      Thanks

3 Answers May 11, 2008 at 11:50 AM
    • zuriga's Profile Photo

A Mid-Priced but Nice, Convenient Hotel?

by zuriga Online Now Jul 23, 2006 at 11:29 PM

A friend of mine is going to be in D.C. for the first time. She's looking for a moderately priced hotel - maybe near DuPont Circle or the Zoo? Prices seem extraordinarily high these days so I'm trying to help her out. Thanks.

2 Answers Jul 26, 2006 at 11:43 PM
    • Moving to DC..need some insight!

by nomorecold Online Now Dec 11, 2002 at 12:39 PM

Hello all. I am moving to the D.C. area in the next month from Chicago. Need to know a few things: How is the moutain biking? Where is the moutian biking? Is there a place to roller blade? Is dating a pain in the A** or ....is it fairly hard to meet people? -is D.C. as international as people claim? last....how is the weather...in Chicago...it sucks 8 months of the year. Thanks for the insight!!!!! Best, Mo

7 Answers Mar 13, 2003 at 11:32 AM