change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• lewis-gunn's Profile Photo

where is it

England Apr 16, 2015 at 5:06 AM

BBC2 TV last night secret Britain where in Yorkshire was the druids temple

more
    • Car park at Windermere

Windermere Mar 28, 2015 at 6:12 PM

Hi, I have book at day tour with mountain goats. We be driving up there and was wondering where can I park my car while we were on the tour. Any free parking?

more
    • Bus service 18 at Manchester airport

Manchester Mar 28, 2015 at 6:04 PM

Hi, which airport terminal is bus service 18 located at? I am taking this bus to Sale Metrolink station. And at the airport, where can I purchase wayfarer tickets?

more
    • Theofiel's Profile Photo

cottage rental

Penzance Mar 24, 2015 at 3:38 PM

looking for an apartment vacation rental in Penzance with a coastal view, any suggested places?

more
    • Manchester Airport Terminal 1 - Short Stay Car Park

Manchester Apr 12, 2015 at 11:43 AM

Hi,

I'm going traveling in a few weeks and my parents want to drop me off and come into the terminal to make sure i'm checked in all right. I was just wondering about parking.

I've read about the multi storey and that being the best option, but how & where do you go about paying? especially as they'll only be parked for 30mins - 1hour.

Complete novice to this sort of thing. I'm normally just dropped off and that's that. So any help will be more than appreciated

Thanks

more
    • videolady12's Profile Photo

Tours from South Hampton

Southampton Apr 6, 2015 at 9:43 AM

My husband and myself will be in SouthHampton May 24 and 25. Any suggestions of tours that would take us to Bath and Salisbury; by passing Stonehenge. Thank you.

more
    • Cheapest long term car rental

Brighton Mar 30, 2015 at 5:56 AM

I'm coming to the uk mid July staying 5 weeks with my daughter and we need a car. What is the cheapest long term car hire company you know of? Or any creative solutions other than public transport ??? We will be moving to and fro eg Brighton/Henfield Brighton/steyning ...Kent...Hampshire...Dorset ... Last quote was dearer than buying a banger!

more
    • A day trip in saddleworth

Saddleworth Mar 28, 2015 at 7:28 PM

Hi, what can I do for a day trip in Saddleworth? I be coming down from Manchester and thought of taking the northern rail and drop at Greenfield station. I did some research and upper mill looks lovely. Any idea how/where I can take the canal ride? Any nearby farm/icecream farm to visit ? Would prefer walking to all these places as easier for me to go back manchester end of the day.

more
    • One day tours to lake district from Edinburg

Lake District National Park Mar 25, 2015 at 3:10 AM

Hi,
      Can anyone suggest one day tours to Lake district say Windermere which through my search have found to be one places that could be visited in Lake distrcit when you just have a day.

more
    • best way to get to Lundy Island from the mainliand

Lundy Island Apr 17, 2015 at 3:47 AM

Hi, we are visiting the area in the next couple of weeks and would like to visit Lundy for the day. What is the best boat / ferry service to use from Lynton down to Clovelley Area?

Thank you

more
    • fool_moon's Profile Photo

London Travel pass

London Mar 29, 2015 at 4:33 PM

I will stay 1 day in London (whole day) and I read about Oyster crd for 1.2 zones etc. - London visit states that a 1 day travel pass for zones 1-6 at 12.00 Pound which seems to be a good deal even I will travel only in zunes1.2. But: visitlondon offers a 1 day Card for 6 €uros and states that it can be only ordered fromoutside UK. Can anybody tell me if this is true ?

more
    • charlesracine's Profile Photo

London market or Car Boot sale that is recommended weekdays, Tu - Fri, last 2 weeks of June

London Mar 24, 2015 at 6:39 PM

For older, collectable, antique & unusual items. We have looked at streetsensation.co.uk/market... and it seems that Camden Passage, Spitalfields, Bermondsey Market, Piccadilly Market & Gray's Antique Market might be possibilities. Looking for all comments and sometimes Car Boot sales can even be better, is there a good web site that lists Car Boot sales? Hopefully something NOT as busy as Portobello Rd. is on a Saturday. Thank you all.

more
    • dales's Profile Photo

Getting There

Tintagel 16 hours ago

I am thinking of making a trek to that part of the uk. I was a fan of the TV series Merlin and Doc Martin. What is the best way to get there, starting from either London airport? I was thinking of taking a train to some spot in the desired direction and then renting a car for the duration.

more
    • On yer bike ?

Knaresborough Apr 9, 2015 at 4:34 AM

We're coming with our caravan next week, should I bring my bike ....Can I cycle along the river etc in Knareborough ? I like tootling round ..not long hauls !
      Thanks.
      Patricia.

more
    • Which UK Mobile Phone Providers is recomended for tourists?

London Apr 8, 2015 at 2:46 AM

Hi there,
      Which UK Mobile Phone Providers is recomended for tourists?

more
    • meeting up with my elderly mother at healthrow

Heathrow Mar 28, 2015 at 10:58 PM

I want to meet my mom at heathrow airport. My mom will be flying in from tel aviv, Israel and i will be flying from the US (making sure my flight gets in before hers) and i plan to make my way to her terminal to meet her. My question is where should i plan to meet her? Where should i tell her i will be ? she is elderly and will have wheel chair assistance but the airport is big and i don't want to miss her, so where is a good meeting up place at the airport?

more
    • Leaving LHR on Delta Airlines at 6:30am

London Mar 22, 2015 at 2:45 PM

We are currently scheduled to fly from LHR at 6:30am in the morning in June. We will be staying in a hotel on Glouster Road in Kensington for several nights prior to flying out of LHR. My question is: Do you think that it would be better to stay in a hotel near the airport or would we be just as well off traveling from Kensington at about Midnight and sitting in the airport for about 3 or 4 hours?

more
    • going back to airport on marathon day

London Mar 31, 2015 at 4:40 AM

we are going back to luton airport from london on april 26. it's the marathon day .can it be a probleme is we leave after 19.00 ? I don't know yet if by tube and train or taxi.

more
    • What will be the budget for an economy trip for two for 5 days

London Mar 26, 2015 at 11:49 PM

What will be the budget for an economy trip for two for 5 days from Kolkata to London inclusive of travel, stay and sightseeing cost ?

more
    • Soccer stadiums

London Mar 23, 2015 at 8:08 PM

I want to watch a live soccer match. What stadium can I visit to do it?

more
    • Medical cover for UK and Australian tourists visiting the other country

London Mar 23, 2015 at 6:30 AM

I hear that there's some mutual agreement between UK and Australian governments that a citizen of either country while touring is eligible for free medical treatment in the host country. Is this true?

more
    • lee.chiappori's Profile Photo

uk visa question.

England Apr 7, 2015 at 11:23 PM

Hi.
      I have some American friends who are travelling home from India but they have a long wait at Heathrow airport before flying to seattle (19hrs) they would like to stay in London for a night but not sure if they need a visa or not to leave the airport.
      Would they need a visa to do this or not.
      Many thanks.

more
    • Things to do in Southampton

Southampton Apr 2, 2015 at 4:24 AM

On a cruise that will be in Southampton for 1 day. Did not want to do the ships bus trip into London and thought I might stay around Southampton. Can anyone suggest what or could I do for the day. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

more
    • Irina_Blyumina's Profile Photo

Advice of Cumbrias Local

Cumbria 13 hours ago

Hello! I need an advice of Cumbrias Locals. I have a pen friend who lives alone in a small village Mealsgate. We had been exchaiging letters every day for more than 3 months till last Thursday whan he didn't answer my last message. He is not a person who stops correspondence without any explination and I am afraid that he may be in trouble. He relocated to Mealsgate about 2 months and don't know his neighbours. Most people come to this place only for a weekend. So if he felt bad or locked or anything else it was possible that there were nobody to hepl! I had a such type bad experience when I couldn't open my bathroom door and thought that I might stay there forever. So I worry and don't know what to do. I found local police email but I am afraid they will dicide that it is a joke. I actually hope that he is fine but his computer is broken or just doesn't want to communicate but I would like to be sure that he doesn't need help.
      Any ideas?
      Thanks
      Irina

more
    • tracyskf's Profile Photo

Temporary mobile line for visiting

London Mar 22, 2015 at 9:55 AM

Hi - I would like to get a temporary mobile line for usage about 10 days. Please let me know which mobile service provider is recommended (primarily usage in UK and France). I would require 2 packages, 1 with data and making minimal calls, 1 just to receive calls (2 different users).

Appreciate some recommendation - and let me know if we arrive London Heathrow is it easy to get this in the airport?
      Thanks

more
    • Ghost Hunts in Rugby

Rugby Mar 14, 2015 at 9:36 AM

Are there any ghost hunts in Rugby

2 Answers Mar 14, 2015 at 11:31 AM
    • Ghost Hunts in Rugby

Rugby Mar 14, 2015 at 9:27 AM

Are there any ghost tours in or around Rugby

3 Answers Mar 14, 2015 at 11:31 AM
    • coach drop off

Stratford-upon-Avon Feb 23, 2015 at 10:10 AM

hi can anyone tell me how far is the national express coach drop of is from the town centre please as im walking into town as im staying at Premier Inn payton street...Thanks Beinda

5 Answers Apr 10, 2015 at 3:26 AM
    • Shuttle service?

Henley in Arden Mar 12, 2014 at 9:08 PM

Good day everyone.My wife and I are going to Henley in Arden mid April. We will be landing at Heathrow. Could anyone suggest an easy means of getting there. First time in UK

4 Answers May 9, 2014 at 10:07 AM
    • hican we shopping there?what are the shopping store?

Royal Leamington Spa Oct 12, 2013 at 1:31 AM

can we shopping there?what are the shopping store?

1 Answer Oct 12, 2013 at 1:39 AM
    • Renting a place in Stratford

Stratford-upon-Avon Jul 9, 2013 at 12:56 PM

Hello everybody. I live in Washington D.C and would like to buy a place in Stratford to spend summers there. In the meantime I thought the best idea would be renting a flat see if I actually like the town that much: -) .What would you suggest? Is it a safe place to live in? I know it is very quaint and pretty when one is a tourist :-). Thank you.

11 Answers Jul 14, 2013 at 1:50 PM
    • A nice pub

Royal Leamington Spa Jul 9, 2013 at 4:07 AM

Hi guys, I'm meeting a friend in Leamington and neither of us know the area. Can anyone recommend a nice pub for the over 35's. Many thanks.

6 Answers Jul 9, 2013 at 9:02 AM
    • Heathrow airport to Stratford-upon-Avon

Stratford-upon-Avon Jun 25, 2013 at 8:37 AM

Hi,

I was wondering what's the best commute from Heathrow airport T1 to Stratford?
      Say on a Monday around 13 or 21 o'clock. Driving isn't an option and I've been trying to find smart Train / bus times.

7 Answers May 30, 2014 at 7:26 AM
    • KFEC's Profile Photo

Bus service

Stratford-upon-Avon Jun 23, 2013 at 9:20 PM

We have tickets to Romeo and Juliet at 8 PM on Saturday, October 5, 2013.

I believe the last train leaves before the play ends. Are there buses back to London after the play is done (sounds like between 10;30 - 11:30 PM)? If not, can one hire a driver to return to London at that time?
      Thank you

8 Answers Jun 24, 2013 at 8:54 AM
    • leecouk12324's Profile Photo

Stratford Upon Avon - Anne Wood - Rosie and Jim; Ragdoll Productions; Teddy Bears

Stratford-upon-Avon Oct 28, 2011 at 5:19 PM

Hi - off to Stratford Upon Avon in a couple of days.
      OK - well we all know that it is very famous for William Shakespeare.
      However i am very interested in what else there is to see?
      Many people are very negative about this - and many say there is little else to see - i do not believe this - there has to be some things other than Shakespeare.
      Now in my FootPrint Britain book it mentions about the Teddy Bear Museum - this looks no longer here - which is a damn shame.
      Then I was following in the footsteps of Anne Wood - famous for Telletubies - but also Rosie and Jim - so i would like to go to the Canal where it was flimed - i think Rosie and Jim was great. On google maps you can go to the former home of The Ragdoll Shop and you go to streetview you will see Rosie and Jim looking out of the top window.
      So would like to follow in footsteps of Anne Wood - and any other notable people that have had an effect on the town.
      Then there may be other things to see in Stratford Upon Avon.

5 Answers Oct 30, 2011 at 1:34 PM
    • vancan7's Profile Photo

Room number for veiw of the river

Stratford-upon-Avon Aug 6, 2011 at 12:26 AM

We are staying at the swan nest hotel for a w/e break. Has anybody stayed in a good room overlooking the river and what room number-s would be that be please. Note we are using Tesco vouchers!!!!

3 Answers Aug 6, 2011 at 2:50 AM
    • manuna's Profile Photo

Pudding Lovers Club

Stratford-upon-Avon May 19, 2011 at 7:12 AM

I heard that there is one (the name may be not exact) not far from Shakespere's House. Can anyone help with more details, may be address?

5 Answers May 19, 2011 at 12:22 PM
    • transport

Stratford-upon-Avon Mar 1, 2011 at 5:50 AM

Hi
      I am presently in Bath and looking at visting beautiful Stratford-Upon-Avon, what is the most economical way to travel there from Bath. Also looking for budget accommodation I have been told YHA is quite good, only problem they say is bus into Stratford is 4 pounds each way, would this be correct seems expensive. Can anyone advise on transport into town.
      Cheers

6 Answers Mar 2, 2011 at 8:38 AM
    • vaneiks's Profile Photo

public transport from Redditch to Alcester

Warwickshire Jul 2, 2010 at 12:43 AM

hi, I've been looking for buses from Redditch to Alcester on Sunday, and even though I found that bus 246/247 operates also on Sundays, the timetible I found only posts times for monday-saturday. Anybody knows where I can find timetibles for Sunday services?

3 Answers Jul 3, 2010 at 4:53 AM
    • tango_jd's Profile Photo

Would any visitors like a free ticket to Shakespeare's Birthplace?

Stratford-upon-Avon Mar 5, 2010 at 10:15 AM

Hi - if anyone is going to Stratford before end of March 2010, I have a free ticket for Shakespeare's Birthplace (Worth £11 I think)
      @@ It must be used by 31st March.
      @@ It must be used by someone accompanied by one full-paying adult.
      Reply here and we can sort out how I post it to you - allow time for post!
      For information, it was given to me yesterday when I bought a "Subway" sandwich.
      FREE!
      (Neither a borrower nor a lender be; For loan oft loses both itself and friend, and borrowing dulls the edge of husbandry". - Hamlet (Act I, Scene III)

2 Answers Mar 6, 2010 at 6:36 AM
    • searching for shop visited in summer

Stratford-upon-Avon Nov 30, 2009 at 2:47 PM

Opposite the shakespeares birthplace heading back in direction of town we looked in a small jewellry shop selling pretty handmade jewellery. Can anyone tell me the name as I wanted to phone and order something. I've searched online but no luck. Thankyou
      Jill Pepper

7 Answers Dec 2, 2009 at 11:06 PM
    • George Eliot Hospital

Warwickshire Jul 30, 2009 at 9:26 AM

Hi, I am an Indian doctor, and I have been selected to work as SHO at George Eliot Hospital, NHS Trust. Any comments about the hospital? Can anyone tell what will be the typical cost of living? Any other information also is welcome.

Thanks.

6 Answers Sep 22, 2009 at 10:31 AM
    • DelaneyDriscoll's Profile Photo

By cab, bus or train?

Stratford-upon-Avon Jun 11, 2009 at 1:03 AM

What is the best and least expensive way to get from the Birmingham Tuesday? Thank you for your help.

2 Answers Jun 11, 2009 at 9:45 AM
    • travelodge

Stratford-upon-Avon Jun 2, 2009 at 10:55 AM

Are the travelodge rooms comfortable for an adult to share a bed with a 12 year old? As I mentioned we are 2 adults traveling with a 12 year old boy and a twelve year old girl.

Is Reddich far from Stratford? Birmingham?

Thanks again..the replies have been so helpful.

4 Answers Jun 2, 2009 at 12:59 PM
    • thanks

Stratford-upon-Avon May 19, 2009 at 11:48 AM

You are all great...thanks for the great advice..how long a drive from Stratford to Heathrow? Warwick to Heathrow? London to each of them?

3 Answers May 20, 2009 at 10:46 AM
    • Attractions in and near Stratford

Stratford-upon-Avon May 19, 2009 at 7:50 AM

We're thinking of staying in the Holiday Inn in Stratford for a couple of nights. Any comments on the hotel?
      Also would appreciate any suggestions of places to go with Stratford as a home base. We are two adults traveling with two 12-year-olds. We think
      warwick castle would be good and maybe Alton Towers. Any ideas on these or other places? We will have a hired car.

11 Answers May 20, 2009 at 10:54 AM
    • Public transportation from Heathrow to Holiday Inn, Stratford Upon Avon

Warwickshire May 3, 2009 at 11:29 AM

We are making our first trip to the UK. We will be there for the Rotary International in Birmingham. We need information to get to the Holiday Inn from Heathrow Airport.

Thanks, Dan Hatfield

2 Answers May 4, 2009 at 2:31 AM
    • wombles's Profile Photo

Cattle Sales

Warwickshire Jan 8, 2009 at 10:26 AM

OK, random question of the month! Where can I find information on dates and locations of livestock sales in (or near) Warwickshire? My parents will be visiting from Australia and my father would be interested in attending a cattle sale to see how similar or different things are.... Thanks!

3 Answers Jan 8, 2009 at 11:18 PM
    • diamond_skies's Profile Photo

What to do in the Stratford area

Stratford-upon-Avon Oct 31, 2008 at 7:35 AM

We are headed to Stratford next weekend and have been several times before so we are trying to find things to do in the surrounding area. We were in the Cotswolds in April so not sure we want to go back - unless someone can recommend them in November?

Bournville has been suggested. We would probably give Cadbury World a miss (being a big Green & Black's fan I couldn't really show my face there!) but would the town itself be worth a visit? What about Warwick? The castle is waaaay too expensive to visit but what about the town?

I guess what I am trying to find is someplace that would be a nice day trip from Stratford where we can have a dander about and take photos and might have some lovely autumn colours. Any ideas?

31 Answers May 24, 2009 at 9:42 AM
    • amandajayne81's Profile Photo

What are some great Cotswold villages to visit?

Stratford-upon-Avon Jun 27, 2008 at 11:41 PM

I have about 2 days to see some Cotswold villages in September. I like the look of Chipping Campden and Broadway (and of course Stratford-upon-Avon) but am wondering if I am missing out on any other must sees.

I am travelling with mum and we are more interested in short walks (less than 5 miles within villages or in the countryside), and looking at lovely houses, etc than being inside museums.

We will have a hire car.

Sorry to have to post this in the Stratford-upon-Avon section. I couldn't find a 'Cotswolds' section.

12 Answers Oct 16, 2008 at 12:56 AM
    • wombles's Profile Photo

Getting from Stratford to Birmingham Airport early Sunday morning

Stratford-upon-Avon Feb 8, 2008 at 12:49 PM

Hi, I've got a 9am flight booked from Birmingham on a Sunday morning. I've since discovered that not only does the bus outside my house not run into Stratford on a Sunday but the first train isn't until about 8am. Any bright transport ideas??

2 Answers Feb 9, 2008 at 6:19 AM
    • unive's Profile Photo

London to Tanworth-in-Arden

Warwickshire Dec 30, 2007 at 6:33 AM

Hi, can someone tell me how to get from London to Tanworth-in-Arden? Which is the cheapest way? Thanks

3 Answers Dec 30, 2007 at 3:16 PM
    • Help me get from London to Stonythorpe, Southham, Warwickshire

Warwickshire Jul 6, 2007 at 9:39 AM

Hi. Got to organise for a couple of my collegues to get from London W1 to Stonythorpe, Southham, Warwickshire. Would love it if someone could please help me to figure out the easiest way & how long it will take?

2 Answers Jul 20, 2007 at 12:37 PM
    • clarecas's Profile Photo

Boscote Guest house

Stratford-upon-Avon Jun 18, 2007 at 4:35 AM

Hi,Has anyone stayed at the Boscote Guest Appartments?Do they provide you with basics to start you off in the kitchen?
      Thanks very much,
      clare

2 Answers Jun 18, 2007 at 9:57 AM
    • clarecas's Profile Photo

In desperate need of a hotel!

Stratford-upon-Avon Jun 14, 2007 at 1:15 PM

Hi I was just wandering if anyone could help me. I'm a student and I'm travelling with a friend to stratford for three nights and are looking for cheap accomodation preferably not too far from the town centre. Unfortunately everything I've found is way above our budget, do you have any suggestion of hotels/hostels?or sites that can be helpful?
      Thanks very much,
      clare

4 Answers Aug 23, 2007 at 12:31 AM