Warwickshire

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Nightlife in Eastbourne

Eastbourne Apr 16, 2014 at 3:09 PM

What are the options for best nightlife in eastbourne during easter weekend

more
    • resturants

Porlock Mar 31, 2014 at 4:01 PM

did there used to be a fish resturant in porlock

more
    • accommodation nightlife

Bournemouth Yesterday

for a 3 night break thursday/saturday, where would you stay if: you were 60, thinking, feeling 40, most of the time; also, what kind of nightlife/bars would you look for

more
    • Separately booked flights - Checked bag collection

Heathrow Apr 16, 2014 at 6:49 PM

I have booked my flights separately (coming in and going out of LHR). Do I need to exit the transit area, means do I need go through immigration/customs just to collect my checked bags and board the next flight?
      Thank you for your help and time!

more
    • wimbledon-things to do?

Wimbledon Apr 16, 2014 at 3:27 PM

what is there do see or do if there is no tennis

more
    • Hotel & Airport Transport

Southampton Apr 9, 2014 at 5:23 PM

Flying into Heathrow in early October for a 14-day roundtrip cruise from Southampton. My friend and I will need a good decently priced hotel for a night or two and also a good transportation company to and from Heathrow to Southampton and return trip.

more
    • resturants

Porlock Mar 31, 2014 at 3:56 PM

did there used to be a fish resturant in porlock or on the hill

more
    • Rainbow Cottage MALTON

Malton Apr 19, 2014 at 9:51 PM

Hi, My husband and I are planning a trip to UK and am wondering if anyone knows if Rainbow Cottage in Malton still exists. My grandmother was born there in 1897 and her brother was born in Norton.. We are travelling from Australia and will be our first visit to the UK. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

more
    • Arbuckle's Profile Photo

Advice on Burslem, Please?

Stoke-upon-Trent Apr 19, 2014 at 1:04 AM

Hi. It looks like I'm going to have to relocate from the East Midlands to Burslem and I really need the (sensible) advice of Stoke residents about a particular neighbourhood.

It's the Joseph Street/Billinge Street/Lyndhurst Street neighbourhood, on the north side of Newcastle Street.

Is it a bearable area to live in? Or does it have any sort of a reputation for stuff like antisocial student behaviour or any other kind of antisocial behaviour?

I must say it looks pretty seedy on Google Street View, but then that's Stoke for you, isn't it? It's an unpretentious, scuffed sort of post-industrial city and famous for it, but the folk who live there are supposed to be okay. Mind you, I appreciate that areas can change very swiftly indeed these days due to economic migration, so frankly I don't know what to assume about that particular neighbourhood.

Can anyone shed any light?

Many thanks.

more
    • Diving Lundy

Clovelly Apr 18, 2014 at 6:02 AM

Hi,
      We are staying/diving on Lundy Island but picking a dive boat up from Clovelly.
      With heavy dive equipment we need to drop off dive & camping equipment to the boat & leave 2-3 cars in Clovelly.
      Could you please advise on dropping off equipment & 3 days parking close to the habour....!!!!!!

more
    • jbinllb's Profile Photo

Accommodations

London Apr 7, 2014 at 3:40 PM

Tossing around the idea of picking up a pair of tickets to the Monty Python show at the O2 in July, most probably on the 20th. My son (27) and I (57) would be attending together, and spending 4 or 5 days in London, arriving by air to either Heathrow or Gatwick. Looking for suggestions for accommodations - easy access from/to the airport would be nice, easy access to the O2 (tube okay) even better; room doesn't need to be 5 star, just clean and safe - hotel, hostel, b&b all okay. Thanks!

more
    • paddington28's Profile Photo

Excell expedition centre

London Apr 4, 2014 at 8:15 AM

How do i get to the excell expedition centre in London,from victoria coach station,and how long roughly will it take me to get there

more
    • whats on in goathland

Goathland Apr 3, 2014 at 3:21 AM

is there anything special happening in goathland on 22nd june 2014 as im going on a coach trip there on that day

more
    • grand national 2014

Blackpool Mar 23, 2014 at 4:51 PM

looking to find a bus that will be running from blackpool to aintree on the 5th april for grand national day trip

more
    • how to get around on public transport

Newquay Apr 13, 2014 at 1:54 PM

where are the best place's to see and how to get around on public transport thank you

more
    • Good (!) Indian restaurant

London Apr 13, 2014 at 11:45 AM

I was wondering where are the best spots to eat Indian food in London. I know about Brick Lane but is it really

more
    • Agraichen's Profile Photo

Harwich cruise logistics

London Apr 7, 2014 at 10:13 AM

I'm looking at the logistics for a Harwich - Copenhagen cruise. It's been some time since I've been in London, but never found the trains too difficult. Any suggestions my thoughts of staying a few days in London, then taking the train to Harwich in the AM to board the ship? Or would it be better to travel the day before and overnight in Harwich just to be on the safe side of the trip?

At the end I'm debating on taking Easyjet (or other) from Copenhagen back to London to attempt at some round trip savings on air fare from SAN in the US as opposed to two one-way trips. Thoughts from those that travel Europe frequently?

more
    • distance in miles

Manchester Mar 28, 2014 at 11:54 AM

how far is wythenshaw forum from piccadilly train station in miles in a taxi how much should it coszt

more
    • MatteoT's Profile Photo

toxteth visit

Liverpool Apr 18, 2014 at 5:40 AM

hi everyone!
      My name's Matteo and i'm italian

i'll be in liverpool for my first time next week and in particular i'd like to visit ringo's childhood houses in madryn street and arnold grove. I'd like to take a bus (i think i have to take n° 82 from liverpool one to high park street in toxteth) and then walk through this area. But i read a lot of bad things about this area on the web, so i just want to ask you if take a walk through toxteth on saturday morning is a good idea or if i have to consider to take a cab. Thanks for your help.

more
    • littlelawyer's Profile Photo

holiday with 1-2 yr old

Cornwall Apr 14, 2014 at 1:02 PM

Dear all, a friend of mine from Germany just mentioned that she'd like to visit Cornwall this year. She worries it would be too stressful and expensive with the long journey and a little girl, about 18 months old. I'd like to reassure her, having had a brilliant time there last year in Penzance. But I guess much of what I enjoyed, including the sleeper train, wouldn't be so easy with a baby!! And they'd be travelling from Germany. So I thought I'd just try asking if anyone more clued up than me has any advice / recommendations? L

more
    • csuresh's Profile Photo

One day to spend - tips

Lake District National Park Apr 12, 2014 at 2:58 PM

I am planning to travel from London by Train to Manchester. Then take rental car to Lake District. Then I wanted to spend till noon next day to make return journey. This means I will have almost full 24 hours to spend wisely. Please suggest me an itinerary.

more
    • how to make kids busy in southport?

Southport Apr 6, 2014 at 10:07 AM

i am planning three days in southport in may with my two wild kids. any suggestion to keep my kids busy and tied in southport apart from pleasureland.

more
    • local customs and traditions in bath

Somerset Apr 1, 2014 at 7:39 AM

what local customs and traditions does bath have

more
    • 10 am Flight Arrival May 2014 from US, Terminal 4

Heathrow Apr 1, 2014 at 3:13 AM

How long should be allowed for Immigration and Customs? What is the best transportation alternative from airport to SE1 with several pieces of luggage?

more
    • London to Amsterdam

London Mar 31, 2014 at 9:25 PM

Hi All,

We are leaving London on the 2nd of July to Amsterdam, we are staying at the Amsterdam Canal Hotel - Weteringschans 253, 1017 XJ Amsterdam, Netherlands

Is Eurostar the best way to book this ?
      Also anyone know how far we will end up when we arrive in Amsterdam from the hotel?

Thanks

more
    • Shuttle service?

Henley in Arden Mar 12, 2014 at 9:08 PM

Good day everyone.My wife and I are going to Henley in Arden mid April. We will be landing at Heathrow. Could anyone suggest an easy means of getting there. First time in UK

5 Answers Mar 17, 2014 at 12:54 AM
    • hican we shopping there?what are the shopping store?

Royal Leamington Spa Oct 12, 2013 at 1:31 AM

can we shopping there?what are the shopping store?

1 Answer Oct 12, 2013 at 1:39 AM
    • Renting a place in Stratford

Stratford-upon-Avon Jul 9, 2013 at 12:56 PM

Hello everybody. I live in Washington D.C and would like to buy a place in Stratford to spend summers there. In the meantime I thought the best idea would be renting a flat see if I actually like the town that much: -) .What would you suggest? Is it a safe place to live in? I know it is very quaint and pretty when one is a tourist :-). Thank you.

11 Answers Jul 14, 2013 at 1:50 PM
    • A nice pub

Royal Leamington Spa Jul 9, 2013 at 4:07 AM

Hi guys, I'm meeting a friend in Leamington and neither of us know the area. Can anyone recommend a nice pub for the over 35's. Many thanks.

6 Answers Jul 9, 2013 at 9:02 AM
    • Heathrow airport to Stratford-upon-Avon

Stratford-upon-Avon Jun 25, 2013 at 8:37 AM

Hi,

I was wondering what's the best commute from Heathrow airport T1 to Stratford?
      Say on a Monday around 13 or 21 o'clock. Driving isn't an option and I've been trying to find smart Train / bus times.

6 Answers Jun 25, 2013 at 12:58 PM
    • KFEC's Profile Photo

Bus service

Stratford-upon-Avon Jun 23, 2013 at 9:20 PM

We have tickets to Romeo and Juliet at 8 PM on Saturday, October 5, 2013.

I believe the last train leaves before the play ends. Are there buses back to London after the play is done (sounds like between 10;30 - 11:30 PM)? If not, can one hire a driver to return to London at that time?
      Thank you

8 Answers Jun 24, 2013 at 8:54 AM
    • leecouk12324's Profile Photo

Stratford Upon Avon - Anne Wood - Rosie and Jim; Ragdoll Productions; Teddy Bears

Stratford-upon-Avon Oct 28, 2011 at 5:19 PM

Hi - off to Stratford Upon Avon in a couple of days.
      OK - well we all know that it is very famous for William Shakespeare.
      However i am very interested in what else there is to see?
      Many people are very negative about this - and many say there is little else to see - i do not believe this - there has to be some things other than Shakespeare.
      Now in my FootPrint Britain book it mentions about the Teddy Bear Museum - this looks no longer here - which is a damn shame.
      Then I was following in the footsteps of Anne Wood - famous for Telletubies - but also Rosie and Jim - so i would like to go to the Canal where it was flimed - i think Rosie and Jim was great. On google maps you can go to the former home of The Ragdoll Shop and you go to streetview you will see Rosie and Jim looking out of the top window.
      So would like to follow in footsteps of Anne Wood - and any other notable people that have had an effect on the town.
      Then there may be other things to see in Stratford Upon Avon.

5 Answers Oct 30, 2011 at 1:34 PM
    • vancan7's Profile Photo

Room number for veiw of the river

Stratford-upon-Avon Aug 6, 2011 at 12:26 AM

We are staying at the swan nest hotel for a w/e break. Has anybody stayed in a good room overlooking the river and what room number-s would be that be please. Note we are using Tesco vouchers!!!!

3 Answers Aug 6, 2011 at 2:50 AM
    • manuna's Profile Photo

Pudding Lovers Club

Stratford-upon-Avon May 19, 2011 at 7:12 AM

I heard that there is one (the name may be not exact) not far from Shakespere's House. Can anyone help with more details, may be address?

5 Answers May 19, 2011 at 12:22 PM
    • transport

Stratford-upon-Avon Mar 1, 2011 at 5:50 AM

Hi
      I am presently in Bath and looking at visting beautiful Stratford-Upon-Avon, what is the most economical way to travel there from Bath. Also looking for budget accommodation I have been told YHA is quite good, only problem they say is bus into Stratford is 4 pounds each way, would this be correct seems expensive. Can anyone advise on transport into town.
      Cheers

6 Answers Mar 2, 2011 at 8:38 AM
    • vaneiks's Profile Photo

public transport from Redditch to Alcester

Warwickshire Jul 2, 2010 at 12:43 AM

hi, I've been looking for buses from Redditch to Alcester on Sunday, and even though I found that bus 246/247 operates also on Sundays, the timetible I found only posts times for monday-saturday. Anybody knows where I can find timetibles for Sunday services?

3 Answers Jul 3, 2010 at 4:53 AM
    • tango_jd's Profile Photo

Would any visitors like a free ticket to Shakespeare's Birthplace?

Stratford-upon-Avon Mar 5, 2010 at 10:15 AM

Hi - if anyone is going to Stratford before end of March 2010, I have a free ticket for Shakespeare's Birthplace (Worth £11 I think)
      @@ It must be used by 31st March.
      @@ It must be used by someone accompanied by one full-paying adult.
      Reply here and we can sort out how I post it to you - allow time for post!
      For information, it was given to me yesterday when I bought a "Subway" sandwich.
      FREE!
      (Neither a borrower nor a lender be; For loan oft loses both itself and friend, and borrowing dulls the edge of husbandry". - Hamlet (Act I, Scene III)

2 Answers Mar 6, 2010 at 6:36 AM
    • searching for shop visited in summer

Stratford-upon-Avon Nov 30, 2009 at 2:47 PM

Opposite the shakespeares birthplace heading back in direction of town we looked in a small jewellry shop selling pretty handmade jewellery. Can anyone tell me the name as I wanted to phone and order something. I've searched online but no luck. Thankyou
      Jill Pepper

7 Answers Dec 2, 2009 at 11:06 PM
    • George Eliot Hospital

Warwickshire Jul 30, 2009 at 9:26 AM

Hi, I am an Indian doctor, and I have been selected to work as SHO at George Eliot Hospital, NHS Trust. Any comments about the hospital? Can anyone tell what will be the typical cost of living? Any other information also is welcome.

Thanks.

6 Answers Sep 22, 2009 at 10:31 AM
    • DelaneyDriscoll's Profile Photo

By cab, bus or train?

Stratford-upon-Avon Jun 11, 2009 at 1:03 AM

What is the best and least expensive way to get from the Birmingham Tuesday? Thank you for your help.

2 Answers Jun 11, 2009 at 9:45 AM
    • travelodge

Stratford-upon-Avon Jun 2, 2009 at 10:55 AM

Are the travelodge rooms comfortable for an adult to share a bed with a 12 year old? As I mentioned we are 2 adults traveling with a 12 year old boy and a twelve year old girl.

Is Reddich far from Stratford? Birmingham?

Thanks again..the replies have been so helpful.

4 Answers Jun 2, 2009 at 12:59 PM
    • thanks

Stratford-upon-Avon May 19, 2009 at 11:48 AM

You are all great...thanks for the great advice..how long a drive from Stratford to Heathrow? Warwick to Heathrow? London to each of them?

3 Answers May 20, 2009 at 10:46 AM
    • Attractions in and near Stratford

Stratford-upon-Avon May 19, 2009 at 7:50 AM

We're thinking of staying in the Holiday Inn in Stratford for a couple of nights. Any comments on the hotel?
      Also would appreciate any suggestions of places to go with Stratford as a home base. We are two adults traveling with two 12-year-olds. We think
      warwick castle would be good and maybe Alton Towers. Any ideas on these or other places? We will have a hired car.

11 Answers May 20, 2009 at 10:54 AM
    • Public transportation from Heathrow to Holiday Inn, Stratford Upon Avon

Warwickshire May 3, 2009 at 11:29 AM

We are making our first trip to the UK. We will be there for the Rotary International in Birmingham. We need information to get to the Holiday Inn from Heathrow Airport.

Thanks, Dan Hatfield

2 Answers May 4, 2009 at 2:31 AM
    • wombles's Profile Photo

Cattle Sales

Warwickshire Jan 8, 2009 at 10:26 AM

OK, random question of the month! Where can I find information on dates and locations of livestock sales in (or near) Warwickshire? My parents will be visiting from Australia and my father would be interested in attending a cattle sale to see how similar or different things are.... Thanks!

3 Answers Jan 8, 2009 at 11:18 PM
    • diamond_skies's Profile Photo

What to do in the Stratford area

Stratford-upon-Avon Oct 31, 2008 at 7:35 AM

We are headed to Stratford next weekend and have been several times before so we are trying to find things to do in the surrounding area. We were in the Cotswolds in April so not sure we want to go back - unless someone can recommend them in November?

Bournville has been suggested. We would probably give Cadbury World a miss (being a big Green & Black's fan I couldn't really show my face there!) but would the town itself be worth a visit? What about Warwick? The castle is waaaay too expensive to visit but what about the town?

I guess what I am trying to find is someplace that would be a nice day trip from Stratford where we can have a dander about and take photos and might have some lovely autumn colours. Any ideas?

31 Answers May 24, 2009 at 9:42 AM
    • amandajayne81's Profile Photo

What are some great Cotswold villages to visit?

Stratford-upon-Avon Jun 27, 2008 at 11:41 PM

I have about 2 days to see some Cotswold villages in September. I like the look of Chipping Campden and Broadway (and of course Stratford-upon-Avon) but am wondering if I am missing out on any other must sees.

I am travelling with mum and we are more interested in short walks (less than 5 miles within villages or in the countryside), and looking at lovely houses, etc than being inside museums.

We will have a hire car.

Sorry to have to post this in the Stratford-upon-Avon section. I couldn't find a 'Cotswolds' section.

12 Answers Oct 16, 2008 at 12:56 AM
    • wombles's Profile Photo

Getting from Stratford to Birmingham Airport early Sunday morning

Stratford-upon-Avon Feb 8, 2008 at 12:49 PM

Hi, I've got a 9am flight booked from Birmingham on a Sunday morning. I've since discovered that not only does the bus outside my house not run into Stratford on a Sunday but the first train isn't until about 8am. Any bright transport ideas??

2 Answers Feb 9, 2008 at 6:19 AM
    • unive's Profile Photo

London to Tanworth-in-Arden

Warwickshire Dec 30, 2007 at 6:33 AM

Hi, can someone tell me how to get from London to Tanworth-in-Arden? Which is the cheapest way? Thanks

3 Answers Dec 30, 2007 at 3:16 PM
    • Help me get from London to Stonythorpe, Southham, Warwickshire

Warwickshire Jul 6, 2007 at 9:39 AM

Hi. Got to organise for a couple of my collegues to get from London W1 to Stonythorpe, Southham, Warwickshire. Would love it if someone could please help me to figure out the easiest way & how long it will take?

2 Answers Jul 20, 2007 at 12:37 PM
    • clarecas's Profile Photo

Boscote Guest house

Stratford-upon-Avon Jun 18, 2007 at 4:35 AM

Hi,Has anyone stayed at the Boscote Guest Appartments?Do they provide you with basics to start you off in the kitchen?
      Thanks very much,
      clare

2 Answers Jun 18, 2007 at 9:57 AM
    • clarecas's Profile Photo

In desperate need of a hotel!

Stratford-upon-Avon Jun 14, 2007 at 1:15 PM

Hi I was just wandering if anyone could help me. I'm a student and I'm travelling with a friend to stratford for three nights and are looking for cheap accomodation preferably not too far from the town centre. Unfortunately everything I've found is way above our budget, do you have any suggestion of hotels/hostels?or sites that can be helpful?
      Thanks very much,
      clare

4 Answers Aug 23, 2007 at 12:31 AM
    • Injured Birds on the river

Stratford-upon-Avon Jun 2, 2007 at 2:38 PM

I was walking near the river tonight and spotted an injured canadian goose with a bad leg. It couldn't put weight on it and didn't look to be able to swim.
      Do people check the birds over at any time? I heard that they were looked after but wasn't sure if they just fed them.
      I hate seeing any animal hurt so hope that people do check them, because Stratford isn't the best at night and would hate for it to get hurt.

Your response would be much appreciated.

Kind Regards Caroline Wright

• robine's Profile Photo

Restaurant

Stratford-upon-Avon May 1, 2007 at 6:54 AM

We're going to the theatre this Saturday to celebrate my mother's 87th birthday. Could anybody recommend a good restaurant for dinner after the show?

Thanks in advance, Robin

4 Answers May 3, 2007 at 11:52 AM
    • londonlover's Profile Photo

Hertz car rental in Stratford

Stratford-upon-Avon Mar 31, 2007 at 11:41 AM

Hello,

I see on Hertz car rental's website that they have a pick-up office at 1 Abbey Road in Straford-on-Avon, but I can't find any evidence of that on Stratord's websites, including the official tourist site or the railway station's site, so I'm a little suspicious of Hertz's claim. :) Can anyone verify that there are Hertz cars typically available to hire near the rail station in Stratford?

Thanks,
      Tara

1 Answer Apr 1, 2007 at 5:12 AM