change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• grandmaR's Profile Photo

Rail and rental car question

London 2 hours ago

I want to travel from London to Truro by train and rent a car from Enterprise on March 17th. I want to be picked up at the train station and dropped off at the airport. The Enterprise man's email does not give me a confirmation number - he seems to want me to buy a ticket on the train first. The National Rail Enquiries - Journey Planner will only give me train times up to 2015 March 12th. But www.thetrainline.com/‎

is perfectly willing to sell me a ticket for the 17th. How can I get a car reservation confirmation without a train time (is there a website I can go to?), and should I go ahead and buy a ticket through 'thetrainline' people or wait a week and get one from National Rail?

more
    • places to eat

Rotherham Dec 17, 2014 at 2:48 PM

Best places to eat near rotherham theatre there's 11 of us Inc a 4 year old. For Sunday evening.

more
    • Luggage storage

Southampton Dec 11, 2014 at 1:17 AM

Is there a facility or company in Southampton that stores luggage while I'm off touring UK?

more
    • behappy30's Profile Photo

Peppa Pig World

Hampshire Nov 30, 2014 at 9:35 AM

Hi! I'm preparing a 4 days break to Peppa Pig World with my children (next may). I would like to know if there is any advantage buying tickets in advance via web. Also If tickets allow the entrance to Paulton's Park and if is it good for 3 years old children, and any other advice you can give me. We'll be using a rental car. Is there any other good attraction near there?
      Thanks a lot.

more
    • Regarding connection times at London Heathrow

London Dec 17, 2014 at 1:42 PM

My thanks to all of you that replied to my questions about the connection time for flights at Terminal 5. Certainly put our minds at rest and we shall now relax and if necessary implement some very good suggestions should things go 'pear shaped'!!! We are tackling route 66 over four weeks so any more problems and i shall come calling !!! Once again thank you all.

Regards
      Alan

more
    • URGENT - Grainstore Apartments next to Excel London

London Dec 9, 2014 at 6:32 PM

Does anyone in London know if the Grainstore Apts. on Canary Wharf are still operating?

Their emails bounce, phone # doesn't work and the website is expired.

We have PAID reservations for tomorrow and can't get a hold of them.

Please HELP.

more
    • Souvenir UK car registration plate from London

London Dec 5, 2014 at 3:42 PM

I plan to get a license plate with my personal lettering as a souvenir from ‪‎London‬. Where to get it from?

The plate need not be original but a replica close to original would do. I like to collect the plates with my custom lettering from countries I visit. Is it possible to get one from London? Where?
      Thanks for the help.

more
    • nightclubs in wigan

Wigan Nov 28, 2014 at 3:33 PM

what was the nightclub called that was near what was intro agency?? if u went through the ally way to wallpaper suppiles it was on your right hand side.

more
    • connection times at London Heathrow

London Dec 16, 2014 at 9:03 AM

We are flying from Madrid departure 0820hrs and arriving Heathrow 0950hrs thro American but operated by Iberia. We are leaving Heathrow at 1120hrs and arriving O'Hare 1345hrs thro American but operated by BA. We have 1hr and 30mins between flights - is this enough time? Both flights arrive and depart from T5. If time is tight can we ask a member of staff for assistance in order to connect with flights ? Does anyone know the procedure for a missed flight connection? We booked the flights thro American Airlines. I assume we just both clear security and not immigration.We are both UK citizens.

more
    • SONG's Profile Photo

connection times at London Heathrow

London Dec 16, 2014 at 8:24 AM

AFJ posted in misc and said he / she was not able to post in travel. So I have C & P........

connection times at London Heathrow

by AFJ 1 hours ago

Dep Madrid 0820hrs arr Heathrow 0950hrs on American 8816 operated by Iberia. Leave Heathrow 1120hrs arr O'Hare 1345hrs on American 6195 operated by BA. Connections at Terminal 5 with 1hr 30 mins spare - will this be enough time. If time is tight what are my options - not going till May so times may change again. When we made this booking we had a two hour window but not now. Can i get a member of staff to hurry us thro if necessary? Do i have to just go thro security and not immigration. We are UK citizens.

more
    • OLDENBURG TIMETABLE FROM LUNDY

Lundy Island Nov 23, 2014 at 8:02 AM

is there an ms oldenburg time table for departures FROM Lundy 2015. i have managed to download departure times and arrival times for Bideford and Ilfracombe but not similar for Lundy back to mainland

more
    • What's the fastest airside method for transferring from terminal 3 to 4?

Heathrow Dec 1, 2014 at 7:44 AM

I have a Virgin Atlantic - Delta code share flight arriving from Bombay to LHR terminal 3 and LHR - Detroit (USA) from terminal 4 since Delta is in terminal 4. I have a valid US visa so I "think" I can transit airside without a transit visa even if I am an Indian passport holder and not in the DATV list . See: gov.uk/government/uploads/sy...
      Question is what is the best way to connect between terminal 3 and 4 without picking the wrong train, subway, etc. ?

more
    • Time between non connecting flights

Heathrow Nov 24, 2014 at 10:28 PM

Hi everyone,

I will be travelling from New Zealand to Dublin via LAX and heathrow. I've booked from NZ to heathrow on Air New Zealand, arriving at 10.40am. As they don't fly all the way to Dublin I will be booking the last leg on a different airline and will need to transfer my luggage. How long should I allow between the flights?

Thanks for your advice!

more
    • brooksrachel20's Profile Photo

Has anyone know a cheap shipping company in Oxford?

Oxford Nov 21, 2014 at 9:55 AM

I need to ship a few packages to Spain and all the companies I found are really expesive....the only average price I found was from www.onestopworldwide.com but I can't find online any review about this company. Has someone used it before?

Thanks

more
    • places to eat

Rotherham Dec 17, 2014 at 2:46 PM

Could you tell me were there is to eat family friendly for 11 of us before the panto on Sunday night in Rotherham thanks.

more
    • Budget accommodation and public transport.

Bamburgh Dec 5, 2014 at 6:51 AM

Is it possible to explore this area by using public transport, we are here mainly on a walking holiday but would like to use Bamburgh as a base and visit places like Lindisfarne, coastline walking to nearest villages with a return bus, maybe some walks in the Borders area? Also looking for either self catering accommodation or budget B & B for approx. 5 days in June 2015. Would appreciate any suggestions. Also does anyone know what season the puffins may be visible in this area. Thank you

more
    • Bristol Cathedral and St Mary Redcliffe - suggest more?

Bristol Nov 23, 2014 at 1:30 PM

I am a huge architecture fan and enjoy seeing and photographing Gothic style buildings. I just read and article that says the aforementioned two are Gothic architecture and look great. I browsed images and can agree. So, I am about to visit Bristol, would you recommend any more places to see other than those listed in the article:
      eurotravel.answers.com/engla...

more
    • Do i need a transit visa?

Heathrow Dec 9, 2014 at 8:33 AM

I have a philippine passport and a valid irish visa. I booked a through-ticket flight via etihad which requires me to stay at heathrow for less than 3 hours while waiting for my connecting flight. I will be arriving by terminal 4 and departing by terminal 2 on my way to ireland. Will i be needing a transit visa?

more
    • Public transportation to Loo from St. Ives?

Saint Ives Dec 8, 2014 at 8:18 AM

We're a party of three seniors heading for St. Ives and wondered if there was bus service to Loo? We're travelling in early April of this coming year and would love to spend a night in Loo but dare not rent a car as we're from the US and the roads are daunting to us. Can anyone assist in public transportation information to Loo from St. Ives?

more
    • is anything open in february in scarborough,?

Scarborough Dec 6, 2014 at 3:01 AM

Wondering if the amusements etc are all open

more
    • Visitor visa for transit?

Heathrow Dec 3, 2014 at 12:02 PM

Hi I have a visitor visa for uk. Is that okay to transit Heathrow with ?

more
    • paddington28's Profile Photo

Art deco hotels

London Dec 11, 2014 at 6:56 PM

Does any one know,what area i should look for in London for art deco hotels,with either afternoon tea or 2 nights acomadation as a gift to a newly wed couple,not fusssed on price as 5 of us will be chipping in

more
    • Travelling to London August 2015. Cost of living ??

London Dec 11, 2014 at 2:14 PM

Hello everyone, how are you?

I'm travelling to London for a 7 days holiday, next summer (August) with a friend. And as I lived there from 1996 to 2007, I know how expensive London can be for a tourist, compared to any other city in Europe (unless, of course, you from Norway or Japan). So this time I'll go as a tourist, as there are things I never did or visited when I lived there.

Since it's been 7 years I left London (by the way I miss London so much), I don't actually know what is the cost of living in London for a budget tourist at this moment in time. I've already booked the flight, accommodation and London Pass, for London attractions + Travelcard which costed me a total of €700 (about £560) all inclusive.

Having done that (flight, accommodation, pass and travel card), what remains is food, drink and entertainment. So I was thinking on a (low) budget of £60/£80 (€76/€100) per day (that's £420(€530) for 7 days). What do you think? Can we live on or spend our holiday with this budget for a week? We obviously won't be spending £60/£80 a day, everyday. Surely we'll go clubbing a couple of times, some evenings we'll go to a pub or a bar with music and stuff like that, and then we'll get some souvenirs for friends and family back home!

Also we'd like to go to see Stonehenge (if we can squeeze some time in), on a day trip. What is the fastest way to get there and how much do you does it costs?

Thank you in advance friends!

Take care !!!

francis_opalm@yahoo.it

more
    • Must see things in London

London Dec 4, 2014 at 9:48 AM

I have a few friends coming over to London who want to to see the genuine underbelly of the city. We all know about big Ben and the Houses of parliament, but I was wondering if there are any more lesser know but equally as iconic things to visit in London.

more
    • Is 90 min enough for check in?

Heathrow Dec 15, 2014 at 3:38 AM

Hello, I am traveling from Paddington to Heathrow Terminal 5 on sunday, and first train leaves at 6,25. My flight is at 8,25 (European), is it enough time to check in and pass security?
      Thanks

more
    • Shuttle service?

Henley in Arden Mar 12, 2014 at 9:08 PM

Good day everyone.My wife and I are going to Henley in Arden mid April. We will be landing at Heathrow. Could anyone suggest an easy means of getting there. First time in UK

4 Answers May 9, 2014 at 10:07 AM
    • hican we shopping there?what are the shopping store?

Royal Leamington Spa Oct 12, 2013 at 1:31 AM

can we shopping there?what are the shopping store?

1 Answer Oct 12, 2013 at 1:39 AM
    • Renting a place in Stratford

Stratford-upon-Avon Jul 9, 2013 at 12:56 PM

Hello everybody. I live in Washington D.C and would like to buy a place in Stratford to spend summers there. In the meantime I thought the best idea would be renting a flat see if I actually like the town that much: -) .What would you suggest? Is it a safe place to live in? I know it is very quaint and pretty when one is a tourist :-). Thank you.

11 Answers Jul 14, 2013 at 1:50 PM
    • A nice pub

Royal Leamington Spa Jul 9, 2013 at 4:07 AM

Hi guys, I'm meeting a friend in Leamington and neither of us know the area. Can anyone recommend a nice pub for the over 35's. Many thanks.

6 Answers Jul 9, 2013 at 9:02 AM
    • Heathrow airport to Stratford-upon-Avon

Stratford-upon-Avon Jun 25, 2013 at 8:37 AM

Hi,

I was wondering what's the best commute from Heathrow airport T1 to Stratford?
      Say on a Monday around 13 or 21 o'clock. Driving isn't an option and I've been trying to find smart Train / bus times.

7 Answers May 30, 2014 at 7:26 AM
    • KFEC's Profile Photo

Bus service

Stratford-upon-Avon Jun 23, 2013 at 9:20 PM

We have tickets to Romeo and Juliet at 8 PM on Saturday, October 5, 2013.

I believe the last train leaves before the play ends. Are there buses back to London after the play is done (sounds like between 10;30 - 11:30 PM)? If not, can one hire a driver to return to London at that time?
      Thank you

8 Answers Jun 24, 2013 at 8:54 AM
    • leecouk12324's Profile Photo

Stratford Upon Avon - Anne Wood - Rosie and Jim; Ragdoll Productions; Teddy Bears

Stratford-upon-Avon Oct 28, 2011 at 5:19 PM

Hi - off to Stratford Upon Avon in a couple of days.
      OK - well we all know that it is very famous for William Shakespeare.
      However i am very interested in what else there is to see?
      Many people are very negative about this - and many say there is little else to see - i do not believe this - there has to be some things other than Shakespeare.
      Now in my FootPrint Britain book it mentions about the Teddy Bear Museum - this looks no longer here - which is a damn shame.
      Then I was following in the footsteps of Anne Wood - famous for Telletubies - but also Rosie and Jim - so i would like to go to the Canal where it was flimed - i think Rosie and Jim was great. On google maps you can go to the former home of The Ragdoll Shop and you go to streetview you will see Rosie and Jim looking out of the top window.
      So would like to follow in footsteps of Anne Wood - and any other notable people that have had an effect on the town.
      Then there may be other things to see in Stratford Upon Avon.

5 Answers Oct 30, 2011 at 1:34 PM
    • vancan7's Profile Photo

Room number for veiw of the river

Stratford-upon-Avon Aug 6, 2011 at 12:26 AM

We are staying at the swan nest hotel for a w/e break. Has anybody stayed in a good room overlooking the river and what room number-s would be that be please. Note we are using Tesco vouchers!!!!

3 Answers Aug 6, 2011 at 2:50 AM
    • manuna's Profile Photo

Pudding Lovers Club

Stratford-upon-Avon May 19, 2011 at 7:12 AM

I heard that there is one (the name may be not exact) not far from Shakespere's House. Can anyone help with more details, may be address?

5 Answers May 19, 2011 at 12:22 PM
    • transport

Stratford-upon-Avon Mar 1, 2011 at 5:50 AM

Hi
      I am presently in Bath and looking at visting beautiful Stratford-Upon-Avon, what is the most economical way to travel there from Bath. Also looking for budget accommodation I have been told YHA is quite good, only problem they say is bus into Stratford is 4 pounds each way, would this be correct seems expensive. Can anyone advise on transport into town.
      Cheers

6 Answers Mar 2, 2011 at 8:38 AM
    • vaneiks's Profile Photo

public transport from Redditch to Alcester

Warwickshire Jul 2, 2010 at 12:43 AM

hi, I've been looking for buses from Redditch to Alcester on Sunday, and even though I found that bus 246/247 operates also on Sundays, the timetible I found only posts times for monday-saturday. Anybody knows where I can find timetibles for Sunday services?

3 Answers Jul 3, 2010 at 4:53 AM
    • tango_jd's Profile Photo

Would any visitors like a free ticket to Shakespeare's Birthplace?

Stratford-upon-Avon Mar 5, 2010 at 10:15 AM

Hi - if anyone is going to Stratford before end of March 2010, I have a free ticket for Shakespeare's Birthplace (Worth £11 I think)
      @@ It must be used by 31st March.
      @@ It must be used by someone accompanied by one full-paying adult.
      Reply here and we can sort out how I post it to you - allow time for post!
      For information, it was given to me yesterday when I bought a "Subway" sandwich.
      FREE!
      (Neither a borrower nor a lender be; For loan oft loses both itself and friend, and borrowing dulls the edge of husbandry". - Hamlet (Act I, Scene III)

2 Answers Mar 6, 2010 at 6:36 AM
    • searching for shop visited in summer

Stratford-upon-Avon Nov 30, 2009 at 2:47 PM

Opposite the shakespeares birthplace heading back in direction of town we looked in a small jewellry shop selling pretty handmade jewellery. Can anyone tell me the name as I wanted to phone and order something. I've searched online but no luck. Thankyou
      Jill Pepper

7 Answers Dec 2, 2009 at 11:06 PM
    • George Eliot Hospital

Warwickshire Jul 30, 2009 at 9:26 AM

Hi, I am an Indian doctor, and I have been selected to work as SHO at George Eliot Hospital, NHS Trust. Any comments about the hospital? Can anyone tell what will be the typical cost of living? Any other information also is welcome.

Thanks.

6 Answers Sep 22, 2009 at 10:31 AM
    • DelaneyDriscoll's Profile Photo

By cab, bus or train?

Stratford-upon-Avon Jun 11, 2009 at 1:03 AM

What is the best and least expensive way to get from the Birmingham Tuesday? Thank you for your help.

2 Answers Jun 11, 2009 at 9:45 AM
    • travelodge

Stratford-upon-Avon Jun 2, 2009 at 10:55 AM

Are the travelodge rooms comfortable for an adult to share a bed with a 12 year old? As I mentioned we are 2 adults traveling with a 12 year old boy and a twelve year old girl.

Is Reddich far from Stratford? Birmingham?

Thanks again..the replies have been so helpful.

4 Answers Jun 2, 2009 at 12:59 PM
    • thanks

Stratford-upon-Avon May 19, 2009 at 11:48 AM

You are all great...thanks for the great advice..how long a drive from Stratford to Heathrow? Warwick to Heathrow? London to each of them?

3 Answers May 20, 2009 at 10:46 AM
    • Attractions in and near Stratford

Stratford-upon-Avon May 19, 2009 at 7:50 AM

We're thinking of staying in the Holiday Inn in Stratford for a couple of nights. Any comments on the hotel?
      Also would appreciate any suggestions of places to go with Stratford as a home base. We are two adults traveling with two 12-year-olds. We think
      warwick castle would be good and maybe Alton Towers. Any ideas on these or other places? We will have a hired car.

11 Answers May 20, 2009 at 10:54 AM
    • Public transportation from Heathrow to Holiday Inn, Stratford Upon Avon

Warwickshire May 3, 2009 at 11:29 AM

We are making our first trip to the UK. We will be there for the Rotary International in Birmingham. We need information to get to the Holiday Inn from Heathrow Airport.

Thanks, Dan Hatfield

2 Answers May 4, 2009 at 2:31 AM
    • wombles's Profile Photo

Cattle Sales

Warwickshire Jan 8, 2009 at 10:26 AM

OK, random question of the month! Where can I find information on dates and locations of livestock sales in (or near) Warwickshire? My parents will be visiting from Australia and my father would be interested in attending a cattle sale to see how similar or different things are.... Thanks!

3 Answers Jan 8, 2009 at 11:18 PM
    • diamond_skies's Profile Photo

What to do in the Stratford area

Stratford-upon-Avon Oct 31, 2008 at 7:35 AM

We are headed to Stratford next weekend and have been several times before so we are trying to find things to do in the surrounding area. We were in the Cotswolds in April so not sure we want to go back - unless someone can recommend them in November?

Bournville has been suggested. We would probably give Cadbury World a miss (being a big Green & Black's fan I couldn't really show my face there!) but would the town itself be worth a visit? What about Warwick? The castle is waaaay too expensive to visit but what about the town?

I guess what I am trying to find is someplace that would be a nice day trip from Stratford where we can have a dander about and take photos and might have some lovely autumn colours. Any ideas?

31 Answers May 24, 2009 at 9:42 AM
    • amandajayne81's Profile Photo

What are some great Cotswold villages to visit?

Stratford-upon-Avon Jun 27, 2008 at 11:41 PM

I have about 2 days to see some Cotswold villages in September. I like the look of Chipping Campden and Broadway (and of course Stratford-upon-Avon) but am wondering if I am missing out on any other must sees.

I am travelling with mum and we are more interested in short walks (less than 5 miles within villages or in the countryside), and looking at lovely houses, etc than being inside museums.

We will have a hire car.

Sorry to have to post this in the Stratford-upon-Avon section. I couldn't find a 'Cotswolds' section.

12 Answers Oct 16, 2008 at 12:56 AM
    • wombles's Profile Photo

Getting from Stratford to Birmingham Airport early Sunday morning

Stratford-upon-Avon Feb 8, 2008 at 12:49 PM

Hi, I've got a 9am flight booked from Birmingham on a Sunday morning. I've since discovered that not only does the bus outside my house not run into Stratford on a Sunday but the first train isn't until about 8am. Any bright transport ideas??

2 Answers Feb 9, 2008 at 6:19 AM
    • unive's Profile Photo

London to Tanworth-in-Arden

Warwickshire Dec 30, 2007 at 6:33 AM

Hi, can someone tell me how to get from London to Tanworth-in-Arden? Which is the cheapest way? Thanks

3 Answers Dec 30, 2007 at 3:16 PM
    • Help me get from London to Stonythorpe, Southham, Warwickshire

Warwickshire Jul 6, 2007 at 9:39 AM

Hi. Got to organise for a couple of my collegues to get from London W1 to Stonythorpe, Southham, Warwickshire. Would love it if someone could please help me to figure out the easiest way & how long it will take?

2 Answers Jul 20, 2007 at 12:37 PM
    • clarecas's Profile Photo

Boscote Guest house

Stratford-upon-Avon Jun 18, 2007 at 4:35 AM

Hi,Has anyone stayed at the Boscote Guest Appartments?Do they provide you with basics to start you off in the kitchen?
      Thanks very much,
      clare

2 Answers Jun 18, 2007 at 9:57 AM
    • clarecas's Profile Photo

In desperate need of a hotel!

Stratford-upon-Avon Jun 14, 2007 at 1:15 PM

Hi I was just wandering if anyone could help me. I'm a student and I'm travelling with a friend to stratford for three nights and are looking for cheap accomodation preferably not too far from the town centre. Unfortunately everything I've found is way above our budget, do you have any suggestion of hotels/hostels?or sites that can be helpful?
      Thanks very much,
      clare

4 Answers Aug 23, 2007 at 12:31 AM
    • Injured Birds on the river

Stratford-upon-Avon Jun 2, 2007 at 2:38 PM

I was walking near the river tonight and spotted an injured canadian goose with a bad leg. It couldn't put weight on it and didn't look to be able to swim.
      Do people check the birds over at any time? I heard that they were looked after but wasn't sure if they just fed them.
      I hate seeing any animal hurt so hope that people do check them, because Stratford isn't the best at night and would hate for it to get hurt.

Your response would be much appreciated.

Kind Regards Caroline Wright

• robine's Profile Photo

Restaurant

Stratford-upon-Avon May 1, 2007 at 6:54 AM

We're going to the theatre this Saturday to celebrate my mother's 87th birthday. Could anybody recommend a good restaurant for dinner after the show?

Thanks in advance, Robin

4 Answers May 3, 2007 at 11:52 AM
    • londonlover's Profile Photo

Hertz car rental in Stratford

Stratford-upon-Avon Mar 31, 2007 at 11:41 AM

Hello,

I see on Hertz car rental's website that they have a pick-up office at 1 Abbey Road in Straford-on-Avon, but I can't find any evidence of that on Stratord's websites, including the official tourist site or the railway station's site, so I'm a little suspicious of Hertz's claim. :) Can anyone verify that there are Hertz cars typically available to hire near the rail station in Stratford?

Thanks,
      Tara

1 Answer Apr 1, 2007 at 5:12 AM