Travel Answers
Wallisellen

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• 9tigers's Profile Photo

Do I have to pay cash at any of the hostels?

Zürich Mar 11, 2015 at 4:13 PM

it has been a few years since I went to Europe just want to find out if I can pay via credit card now or I still have to pay cash.

thanks!
      Daisy

more
    • one night layover in Zurich...itinerary question

Zürich Mar 16, 2015 at 4:05 AM

I'm arriving in Zurich at 9:40pm on a Wednesday evening in June, and flying out (back home to Canada) the next morning at 9:30am. I would love to check out Zurich in my limited time. I hope my plan is possible. Any advice?
      My tentative plan:

Arrive and be out of the airport by 11pm (approx?)
      Take public transit to Zurich HB Stn
      Check into a hotel within 10-15 minutes walking distance from this station (possibly finding something under 200 CFH? Suggestions?)
      Walk around and check out the Old town, wander a bit and find some late night drinks and food - something with local feel (Suggestions?)
      Back to hotel to sleep for a couple hours, then grab a sunrise coffee and catch train back to airport at 6:30am (enough time for a 9:30am flight?)

I really hope I can make this work. Thank you in advance for any feedback :)

more
    • BorneoGrrl's Profile Photo

Short layover sufficient?

Zürich Mar 2, 2015 at 4:07 AM

I'm flying on SWISS and there's a short transit in Zurich airport. Though there's a fast train from the airport, is a 3 hour layover enough time to visit Zurich city center or should I just not risk it and hang around at the airport? Thanks

more